Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did The Semi-Pro League Fold?

The website for the champions soccer league doesn't display anything now. Did they league fold or something? It started out as a FL league but it looked like they had expanded it nationally to all four regions.

Yes the league folded after the 7 games or so. My son played for one of the teams

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes the league folded after the 7 games or so. My son played for one of the teams
      They had developed the league from a FL league to having divisions in all four regions of the country. I think it folded over a conflict between the main people running it and not anything to do with the participation of the league itself. It is a shame because it was a great option for the following types to keep playing:

* College players looking to stay in shape over the summer
      * Kids not playing in college for whatever reason, but not really challenged on a men's league team.
      * Kids that have graduated from college that are too good for men's league, but not ready for pros.

Comment

It looks like the link still works for one of the teams. http://www.thecslusa.com.prod.sportn...a-marauders-fc

I think that Mo the University of Tampa coach also coaches this team.

Comment

They had developed the league from a FL league to having divisions in all four regions of the country. I think it folded over a conflict between the main people running it and not anything to do with the participation of the league itself. It is a shame because it was a great option for the following types to keep playing:

* College players looking to stay in shape over the summer
          * Kids not playing in college for whatever reason, but not really challenged on a men's league team.
          * Kids that have graduated from college that are too good for men's league, but not ready for pros.
          NPSL is doing well - over 90 teams now. Mix of a fee college players but more mid 20s adults. PDL is another summer only league that's almost all college players

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...l-championship

Comment

NPSL is doing well - over 90 teams now. Mix of a fee college players but more mid 20s adults. PDL is another summer only league that's almost all college players

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...l-championship
            Doesn't look like they have any teams in Tampa but do in the other 3 major cities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X