• Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on Bb&n and Brooks this upcoming year

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Any thoughts on Bb&n and Brooks this upcoming year
      Uh, they both begin with a "B"?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2095580]Disagree. Many are excellent players that are much stronger. Some preps are better at identifying them and getting them than others. Same with international college players - they may not have been able to make it professionally abroad but their rejects are often times much strong than our players. When that stops happening then we know DA and overall soccer development is working. We're not there now, not even close.[/QUOTE

Have personal experience with academy overseas and more then a few decide on education in the USA etc vs going trying to do continue go pro. Yes those on the team that go to top D1 teams in Spain Portugal after high school whatever generally chose that but the choice is much less clear if offered a u19 spot overseas in a pro d2 or d3 team etc. The training is very intense and hard on the body 20 plus hours week with no guarantee of first team so it is a personal choice. Also the dream of many from developing countries is to come to a great country like the USA and get a top paid for education unless they get signed to Chelsea or something right away which is very competitive even among top. Players.

Have to laugh at those coming over here are bottom of the barrel by any soccer standard and including vs USA high school age. -while the da teams etc are good these bottom of barrel players were generally competing in and training everyday with close matches vs against national team level players and top youth academies around the world. Match invite level not generally offered to most da teams. People underestimate how many kids want to come to USA and start a life.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2099702]
          Disagree. Many are excellent players that are much stronger. Some preps are better at identifying them and getting them than others. Same with international college players - they may not have been able to make it professionally abroad but their rejects are often times much strong than our players. When that stops happening then we know DA and overall soccer development is working. We're not there now, not even close.[/QUOTE

Have personal experience with academy overseas and more then a few decide on education in the USA etc vs going trying to do continue go pro. Yes those on the team that go to top D1 teams in Spain Portugal after high school whatever generally chose that but the choice is much less clear if offered a u19 spot overseas in a pro d2 or d3 team etc. The training is very intense and hard on the body 20 plus hours week with no guarantee of first team so it is a personal choice. Also the dream of many from developing countries is to come to a great country like the USA and get a top paid for education unless they get signed to Chelsea or something right away which is very competitive even among top. Players.

Have to laugh at those coming over here are bottom of the barrel by any soccer standard and including vs USA high school age. -while the da teams etc are good these bottom of barrel players were generally competing in and training everyday with close matches vs against national team level players and top youth academies around the world. Match invite level not generally offered to most da teams. People underestimate how many kids want to come to USA and start a life.
          SoccerIconUSA, UK International Academy and Right To Dream(Ghana) arranges for English and African kids to get full rides to US Prep schools and Colleges. Dom Dwyer and Jack Harrison are some of the most notable ones. The rest of them really are not top tiered athletes and the American trained kids typically out perform them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2099958]

SoccerIconUSA, UK International Academy and Right To Dream(Ghana) arranges for English and African kids to get full rides to US Prep schools and Colleges. Dom Dwyer and Jack Harrison are some of the most notable ones. The rest of them really are not top tiered athletes and the American trained kids typically out perform them.
            Yes I would agree that the above organizations are great in terms of both top athletes and providing life opportunities. I would respectfully disagree that kids that come from fullitme overseas from pro club academies would generally be outperformed by the Americans. I've seen u14 academyteams overseas beat visiting DA level teams a coplule of years older handily for example but that's just personal opinion and respect your view.

Comment

I don't know of the other groups, but re: Right to Dream kids -- I've *never* seen them outperformed by US kids. They are always head and shoulders above the rest of their teammates.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2099958]

Totally wrong. You're out of touch. NEPSAC is full of these Dreamers and other international recruits that get recruited over American kids. You need to follow the prep school leagues a little closer my friend.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100030]

Totally wrong. You're out of touch. NEPSAC is full of these Dreamers and other international recruits that get recruited over American kids. You need to follow the prep school leagues a little closer my friend.
                  Sure, you're right. Dirt poor Ghananians and blue collar Liverpudlians are dominating the MLS Superdraft.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100030]

Take a second to read my statement and try again to uncover what was erroneous. I mentioned two organizations that arrange for kids from the UK to seek scholarships from American Prep schools and Colleges. I also mentioned the well known RTD program from Africa. Is it the fact that I said most American soccer youth players outperform them? So, let's play a game, start rolling out some African players or British kids that have gone to have prolific NCAA soccer careers in this country that have catapulted them to MLS.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100343]

Take a second to read my statement and try again to uncover what was erroneous. I mentioned two organizations that arrange for kids from the UK to seek scholarships from American Prep schools and Colleges. I also mentioned the well known RTD program from Africa. Is it the fact that I said most American soccer youth players outperform them? So, let's play a game, start rolling out some African players or British kids that have gone to have prolific NCAA soccer careers in this country that have catapulted them to MLS.
                      Another little tidbit, NEPSAC schools involve themselves with the above mentioned groups and nonsense. ISL schools do not. NO FA to Internationals. Not to athletes, exceptionals or even URM's.

Comment

http://www.soccericon.net/index.php

There are sharks everywhere these days, not just in Cape Cod.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100343]

Jack Harrison

Right to Dreamers
                          David Accam
                          Josh Yaro, second overal MLS in 2016
                          Abu Danladi, number 1 pick in MLS. Former Gatorade player of year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100367]

Jack Harrison

Right to Dreamers
                            David Accam
                            Josh Yaro, second overal MLS in 2016
                            Abu Danladi, number 1 pick in MLS. Former Gatorade player of year.
                            Please don't mention Harrison. MASSACHUSETTS buddy!!! You're a real super sleuth looking at the Soccer ICON USA website. Do me a favor, go away, novice.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100370]

Please don't mention Harrison. MASSACHUSETTS buddy!!! You're a real super sleuth looking at the Soccer ICON USA website. Do me a favor, go away, novice.
                              Skippy you are moving the goals. There was no mention of Mass Players

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100371]

Skippy you are moving the goals. There was no mention of Mass Players
                                Do me another favor, head back to England.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X