2017 Girls HS Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a lot of strong freshman coming in across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No. Only keeper is a very inexperienced soph who does not play any club or spring soccer. Going to be an issue for a team that has a promising group of returning field players.
      Up to the coach to do some recruiting in the hallways this fall. Find a basketball player or other athlete to play goal.

Comment

What are your predictions?

I see Portsmouth repeating as state champions with LaSalle taking runner up again. Lincoln could make some noise this year, Mt Hope will struggle, Cumberland and Smithfield will be bottom feeders.
        MT.HOPE will be very weak this season.Weak talent this season.Lucky to go 500.

Comment

SK & NK irrelevant as always
          Really? They are both in the mix every year. So I wouldn't say irrelevant.

Also, yes there are a ton of kids playing in South County but the talent isn't as good as everyone may think. Both schools are loaded with athletes and get to where they belong through team play. Most play at Rams (cough) maybe a handful will travel to play at Bayside. Oh yeah, now there is GPS as well. Once again, both schools have athletes but actual soccer players???? Both teams fall right where they belong.

LaSalle
          SK
          Mt. Hope
          NK
          Portsmouth
          Cumberland
          Smithfield
          Lincoln
          EG
          CW
          Coventry

Comment

Really? They are both in the mix every year. So I wouldn't say irrelevant.

Also, yes there are a ton of kids playing in South County but the talent isn't as good as everyone may think. Both schools are loaded with athletes and get to where they belong through team play. Most play at Rams (cough) maybe a handful will travel to play at Bayside. Oh yeah, now there is GPS as well. Once again, both schools have athletes but actual soccer players???? Both teams fall right where they belong.

LaSalle
            SK
            Mt. Hope
            NK
            Portsmouth
            Cumberland
            Smithfield
            Lincoln
            EG
            CW
            Coventry
            Lasalle is going to run the table this year. No competition.

Comment

How many girls did Rhode Island HS Soccer lose to the GDA this season?

Comment

How many girls did Rhode Island HS Soccer lose to the GDA this season?
                Someone posted earlier that there were 6 going DA in RI (no clue how accurate that is) although then that makes me wonder how many on Breakers or Stars ECNL teams from this year chose to NOT do DA and are either staying ECNL or NPL?

Comment

Someone posted earlier that there were 6 going DA in RI (no clue how accurate that is) although then that makes me wonder how many on Breakers or Stars ECNL teams from this year chose to NOT do DA and are either staying ECNL or NPL?
                  It's only stars and nefc breakers that have DA, right? I would imagine those RI girls playing for either club would go DA unless they switch to an ecnl team. Can't be too many but 6 sounds like an accurate number.

Comment

It's only stars and nefc breakers that have DA, right? I would imagine those RI girls playing for either club would go DA unless they switch to an ecnl team. Can't be too many but 6 sounds like an accurate number.
                    Not exactly... there were actually some FCB and other club girls who switched and went DA. Many Stars girls chose to stay ECNL, and few NEFC/Breakers girls who chose to not go DA and stay NPL. But yeah, the total number does seem about right.

Comment

Lasalle is going to run the table this year. No competition.
                      Funny.

Comment

Funny.
                        Funny, but very very true.

Comment

Mt. Hope has Zero. Get your facts straight.
                          That's not true get ur facts straight MT hope does have one in the DA new coming freshmen who is a top player

Comment

That's not true get ur facts straight MT hope does have one in the DA new coming freshmen who is a top player
                            There is no top player coming up.KMS didn't show me there was one.Who !!!!!

Comment

Doesn't matter. MT Hope never does well in playoffs. Underachievers.

Comment

Ok you are a DB. Not the OP, but no one is naming kids here. There is a rising freshman coming into Mt Hope who played Breakers ECNL this past year and now indeed playing Breakers DA this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X