Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But are you watching as a teaching tool or because you're truly passionate aboutthe sport and certain teams?
    Both, but more so for pure fandom.

I have a love/hate relationship with Arsenal, but also am a fan of several other teams. I'll watch just about anything every day of some sort/gender/level.

However, with the coverage now, when watching with my daughter we can pause and review some details, then go back and re-watch the play unfold. Really, same in about any sport.

Comment

Both, but more so for pure fandom.

I have a love/hate relationship with Arsenal, but also am a fan of several other teams. I'll watch just about anything every day of some sort/gender/level.

However, with the coverage now, when watching with my daughter we can pause and review some details, then go back and re-watch the play unfold. Really, same in about any sport.
      Sorry, but you are not the type of viewer that will expand the popularity of the game of soccer in this country. You come across as way more educated about the game than the average "POTENTIAL" fan would probably be. Think of "pink hats". If you want to expand the game's popularity to new fans you need to dumb it down and spoon feed them the fine points that you already understand.

Comment

I'm actually a fan of the wider-angle shot. One big change with introduction to HD TVs is that you can see more of what is happening off the ball, which was a problem before. So much of the game is happening dozens of yards away, you couldn't see it before
        The US fan needs to connect with the player. That's why when you watch one of the big 4 sports on TV they always zoom in on a player and tell everyone something interesting about their life story. Women in particular are more interested in that connection than they are with seeing a beautiful overlap. Think about a football game and how often they show close ups of faces and eyes. There is a reason for it.

Comment

The US fan needs to connect with the player. That's why when you watch one of the big 4 sports on TV they always zoom in on a player and tell everyone something interesting about their life story. Women in particular are more interested in that connection than they are with seeing a beautiful overlap. Think about a football game and how often they show close ups of faces and eyes. There is a reason for it.
          there's enough 'downtime' to zoom in, and if you think it will help I won't disagree. I have heard it's a problem with hockey. I can see why the headshots will help to bring the personalities into the game more.

From an action perspective, wider the better for me.

Comment

I just finished watching a movie with Margot Robbie that was more exciting than 99% of soccer games on TV.

Comment

I just finished watching a movie with Margot Robbie that was more exciting than 99% of soccer games on TV.
              If it was wolf of Wall Street. I'm with you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X