Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 100% right! Soccer is a sport of privilege in America

If you agree, what are some possible solutions???

https://youtu.be/SMkaofMfAsE

The only "solution" is to allow clubs in the US to get paid when their former players turn pro like the rest of the world does.

That has it's own set of problems and headaches but that is the only way you will ever see high level club training for little or no money from the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The only "solution" is to allow clubs in the US to get paid when their former players turn pro like the rest of the world does.

That has it's own set of problems and headaches but that is the only way you will ever see high level club training for little or no money from the parents.
      Whomever bears the cost of training should get paid .... In America, that is mostly the parents.

Comment

wow, thanks for waking up and stating the obvious!

Comment

Super deluxe soccer is expensive but cheaper soccer can be had through local teams and local leagues. He does not have to take his kids to some fancy over priced soccer club - he is choosing to do that.

The solution is stop feeding the beast and paying for all these over priced teams and leagues.

Comment

Super deluxe soccer is expensive but cheaper soccer can be had through local teams and local leagues. He does not have to take his kids to some fancy over priced soccer club - he is choosing to do that.

The solution is stop feeding the beast and paying for all these over priced teams and leagues.
            Thanks for the history lesson, I feel better already...

Comment

Whomever bears the cost of training should get paid .... In America, that is mostly the parents.
              Capitalist Pig!!!

Comment

I have to feed the beast, we’re married...

Comment

Capitalist Pig!!!
                  As I said before we went the small town club route ended very very very well.
                  The cost of each kid $300 a full year. We got sponsors they paid for the equipment And tournaments.. And over half the kids are now playing in college. It can be done you just can’t be selfish.

Comment

The cost of each kid $300 a full year. We got sponsors they paid for the equipment And tournaments.. And over half the kids are now playing in college. It can be done you just can’t be selfish.
                    Maybe in 1950’s America.

Comment

BTW: This forum is for real players, and their moronic parents, take your idealism that way>>>

Comment

I know the team and they got lucky.
                        It could never happen again.
                        And all that wasted effort for COVID-19 to squash their season.
                        Great timing,

Comment

Great timing,
                          it only proofs that it can happen again if someone is willing to put in the effort.

Comment

it only proofs that it can happen again if someone is willing to put in the effort.
                            There are teams out there currently that do the same.

Comment

Great timing,
                              How many substantial D1 soccer scholarships for those girls, be honest...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X