Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m an older ref and I won’t pass up the $400+ a weekend. Looking forward to it! Let the games begin. Virtually 0 contact with the players. I’ll wear a mask and myself and the lines persons will social distance before and at the half.
    If leagues actually start then refs probably going to get pay increase to work this fall

Comment

They need to increase the pay for linemen. That’s always been the problem. Centers make decent pay but the linemen not so much. They need to increase the pay to entice the younger Refs to come out. The younger refs makes the majority of linemen. Otherwise be prepared to see a lots of games with one center ref and parents asked to be linemen. Good luck and let the games begin.

Comment

I’m an older ref and I won’t pass up the $400+ a weekend. Looking forward to it! Let the games begin. Virtually 0 contact with the players. I’ll wear a mask and myself and the lines persons will social distance before and at the half.
        Boomer stay the F home.

Comment

I am a Ref. I am staying away. Good luck exposing yourself!

Comment

While I think you will see a majority of refs come back . The issue I think will be that refs both young and old will not want to take multiple games in a day .

Comment

The shortage with referees is because of the crazy parents and their close proximity to the field. Who wants to be berated by unknowledgeable people for a few shekels? 90% of the fans don't know the proper rules yet they yell and scream about bad calls. Especially the Latinos. They think they are the experts at soccer because it is their native sport.

Comment

While I think you will see a majority of refs come back . The issue I think will be that refs both young and old will not want to take multiple games in a day .
                True. These are not normal times. The length of time you expose yourself can be risky. I am very concerned with young referees not showing up. Most of them do listen to their parents and will not risk infection. That will cause a tremendous heading to fill spots. No matter how many older refs show up...you still will have a big problem covering all games. I don’t want to pay and travel hours to get one center with no help.

Comment

I'm doing the Ref course now. Lots of money to be made.

Comment

you mean a full bag of money?

Comment

I assume people have risked their lives for a lot less than $15. Oh well.,..sign me up and play ball!!

Comment

refs

Refs don't get that close to players, and players because of their age are less likely to have the virus and less likely to pass it on. Refs no different that parents, spectators, etc. They can make decent money refereeing a weekend tournament, most refs will participate

Comment

Are you guaranteeing that?

Comment

Refs don't get that close to players, and players because of their age are less likely to have the virus and less likely to pass it on. Refs no different that parents, spectators, etc. They can make decent money refereeing a weekend tournament, most refs will participate
                            Many refs are adults, not kids. It's not their primary source of income, just some supplemental drinking money. Plenty will decide it's not worth it right now;, maybe later if cases numbers ever get better

Comment

you mean a full bag of money?
                              I'll bet Refs are in such demand they could demand cash payments at tournaments

Comment

How do you see it will work out? Team or club administrator makes a call to a particular referee and ask to ref a game and referee will say unless you pay me a fortune I wouldn't do it? Like somebody said big bulk of adult referees don't do it for money, so they really don't care if they get $5 more or less. The way how referee could get more money is if referee organization that run short of referees will raise pay rate to attract referees to sign to do a game. But, if they do that it will only come from the packet of the club, which at the end will increase club's fee that parents are paying.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X