Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If kids are in school, sports will happen. I’ve heard that from 2 AD’s and a HS principal (all 3 in different districts). There’s simply no reason for them to cancel CT HS sports right now.
    FEAR, like what you see posted here.
    People are STUPID and therefore easily manipulated to FEAR.
    Takes a long time for them to come back to their senses.

Comment

If kids are in school, sports will happen. I’ve heard that from 2 AD’s and a HS principal (all 3 in different districts). There’s simply no reason for them to cancel CT HS sports right now.
      Private schools are going back to school and they cancelled... so there goes your theory. Not all are boarding schools.

Comment

Private schools are going back to school and they cancelled... so there goes your theory. Not all are boarding schools.
        It’s not a theory, it’s based on first hand conversations. Apples and oranges my friend. The private schools you speak of entail playing out of state teams correct? CIAC competition does not. The private schools you speak of also are allowing their teams to play in competition with other schools (likely only CT schools) but they simply won’t count towards league standings or any post season tournament.

Comment

It’s not a theory, it’s based on first hand conversations. Apples and oranges my friend. The private schools you speak of entail playing out of state teams correct? CIAC competition does not. The private schools you speak of also are allowing their teams to play in competition with other schools (likely only CT schools) but they simply won’t count towards league standings or any post season tournament.
          Yes you are soooo important that you have all this first hand knowledge...

Comment

Bonehead, The Fairchester league just cancelled. It's mostly CT private day schools schools and a few in Westchester. Enjoy eating that crow.

https://www.gametimect.com/fairchest...e-competition/

Comment

Bonehead, The Fairchester league just cancelled. It's mostly CT private day schools schools and a few in Westchester. Enjoy eating that crow.

Correct- mostly CT teams

Comment

Not sure what your point is, but what the OP said is correct. No crow eating required. Did you even read the article that you posted? I’m guessing not, you’re just quick to copy and paste in an attempt to prove someone wrong (that’s all that seems to matter to many on here).

A few key points for you to consider...

The Fairchester league crosses state lines, doesn’t matter if it’s for 2 teams or not. The CIAC is only for CT teams, no crossing state lines, no separate state mandates to consider. In addition CT public schools will have a uniform return to school plan.

Quotes from the article that you didn’t read...

“ According to the FAA’s statement, the manner in which different schools plan to reopen played a role in the conference’s decision to cancel interscholastic conference play in the fall.”

“All of the FAA schools have a different kind of return to school plan, so it’s tough to get the teams playing.”

“The decision to cancel conference competition does not preclude individual institutions from scheduling interscholastic opportunities between and among schools, if able,” the statement read.

“We are going to train as normal, it doesn’t mean we can’t have races, just no FAA championship,” Brunswick Athletic Director Ron VanBelle said. “If any teams have races we can send our team. Our plan is to keep these kids busy in all sports and give them opportunities to train and and figure out ways to make the best of a tough situation.”

Comment

Smart of them. With the parents of these kids you are likely to be sued if anyone even smells like Corona Virus

Comment

Yes you are soooo important that you have all this first hand knowledge...
                    I never said I was soooo important, but I do indeed have first hand knowledge. I’m sorry that you don’t, and I’m sorry you’re jealous that I do.

Comment

I never said I was soooo important, but I do indeed have first hand knowledge. I’m sorry that you don’t, and I’m sorry you’re jealous that I do.
                      Hysterical my friend. My 6 year old has better come backs than that. And by your response, clearly you have an overrated opinion of yourself. Keep thinking people are jealous of you..lol

Comment

How is it that the public schools can play but the private schools can't

Comment

How is it that the public schools can play but the private schools can't
                          Private is playing just doesn’t count

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X