Ivy League soccer in jeopardy this fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Ivy League knew earlier and made the correct move by cancelling

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Looks like the Ivy League knew earlier and made the correct move by cancelling
      I wouldn’t pay themselves on the back too hard. They are the same morons that are bringing half the students back to campus so that everyone has their own room. Kids with online only classes and no sports and student activities will do one thing. Well, maybe two things. And neither is good. Ivy League outsmarted themselves with their stupidity. Sports would be the safest activity on their campuses.

Comment

I wouldn’t pay themselves on the back too hard. They are the same morons that are bringing half the students back to campus so that everyone has their own room. Kids with online only classes and no sports and student activities will do one thing. Well, maybe two things. And neither is good. Ivy League outsmarted themselves with their stupidity. Sports would be the safest activity on their campuses.
        Yale, the bong capital of the ivy league

Comment

Humans will do what they will do.
          It is very difficult to change human behavior in such a short period of time
          Takes years and years to get buy in.
          Idle time is the devil’s workshop
          Even high IQ youth will still find trouble

Comment

Funny you brought that up.
            HS party in NJ got press for positive test
            No details about what transpired at party but one would assume that risky behavior took place
            Such as
            Passing the joint or bong
            Keg stands
            Beer bongs
            Drinking games
            Sexual activity from being under the influence
            Just getting together probably the least of the problems

Comment

They did that so they could room and board payments. That's easy money for them. Other schools are trying to do the same, even though most classes will all be online at those schools. Plenty of families are saying "no thanks - our kid will stay home in their room for that so we can save money."

Comment

Kids at nearly every school will still be living in off campus apartments where there will be no school/RA supervision.

Comment

I nominate Dartmouth as champ and Brown as runner up.

Comment

My kid's school is still telling her she needs to be on campus this Fall, despite the season being canceled and classes being on-line. Why? To quote my daughter, "Because my coach still wants us to practice." Is your coach going to the board bill too?

Comment

My kid's school is still telling her she needs to be on campus this Fall, despite the season being canceled and classes being on-line. Why? To quote my daughter, "Because my coach still wants us to practice." Is your coach going to pay the board bill too?

Comment

My kid's school is still telling her she needs to be on campus this Fall, despite the season being canceled and classes being on-line. Why? To quote my daughter, "Because my coach still wants us to practice." Is your coach going to the board bill too?
                        As someone said, room and board is easy money to them. Dorms were build years ago and paid for. They make a profit off food service - which, btw at many schools will be grab and go meals. Blech. So glad my kid has an apartment with a decent kitchen

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X