Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more NYCSL? What does this mean?

Hi My son is young so I’m a bit confused with the no more NYCSL? What are they now? Will they play in same league as LIJSL? Would it conflict if a child plays also on LIJSL? I know of kids who have done it with no conflicts in schedule. One league played on Saturdays other on Sundays. I wonder if it would stay the same. What will NYCSL replacement be called? Thank you.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi My son is young so I’m a bit confused with the no more NYCSL? What are they now? Will they play in same league as LIJSL? Would it conflict if a child plays also on LIJSL? I know of kids who have done it with no conflicts in schedule. One league played on Saturdays other on Sundays. I wonder if it would stay the same. What will NYCSL replacement be called? Thank you.
    NYCSL for all intents and purposes it is gone. They are claiming that they will be a division within CJSL, which is the cities equivalent to LIJSL, but that is just a sham to get the teams that had been playing in NYCSL to now be part of CJSL.

You cannot play in LIJSL and CJSL at the same time.

So if you want to still play twice a weekend for two different clubs your option is too play for one team in LIJSL and another in EDP. EDP can require a lot more travel over what NYCSL had you doing depending on what level of play you participated in while part of NYCSL.

Comment

NYCSL for all intents and purposes it is gone. They are claiming that they will be a division within CJSL, which is the cities equivalent to LIJSL, but that is just a sham to get the teams that had been playing in NYCSL to now be part of CJSL.

So if you want to still play twice a weekend for two different clubs your option is too play for one team in LIJSL and another in EDP. EDP can require a lot more travel over what NYCSL had you doing depending on what level of play you participated in while part of NYCSL.
      Well said. The only other wrinkle will depend on the club that you belong to will be relevant. If your son plays for a local town based team that offers an intramural program, his team can play in LIJSL or EDP. However, if your son plays for one of these boutique for profit academies, the only option would be EDP.

Comment

You can still play for LIJSL and play for NYCSL now a division within CJSL. As long as they don’t conflict and play same day. Sometimes the people giving advice in here like to misguide.

Comment

You can still play for LIJSL and play for NYCSL now a division within CJSL. As long as they don’t conflict and play same day. Sometimes the people giving advice in here like to misguide.
          ENYYSA does not normally allow that kind of thing with just two exceptions. The first being players that are playing on some sort of select team such as the Rough Riders. In which case they are allowed to dual card and also play for a lower league such as LIJSL or CJSL. The second being the recent exemption being made to allow players to play EDP and a lower league at the same time. ENYYSA does not grant exemptions to allow kids to play in two different lower leagues at the same time.

Comment

What day have younger groups U9/U10 played in the NYCSL? If they play this fall

Comment

Sometime around never, and just before next year.

Comment

Games are when the team/club schedule it. If the team's coach has multiple teams typically the younger age group is early in the day. If it's one team/coach, then whenever he/she wants but that's only for the 4 or so home games.

Comment

Any updates on what NYCSL is doing? Can a child in Boys U9 still do LIJSL also if games are on different days? Thanks

Comment

Any updates on what NYCSL is doing? Can a child in Boys U9 still do LIJSL also if games are on different days? Thanks
                    If you are talking two different clubs I highly doubt that ENYYSA is going to allow you to dual card between LIJSL and NYCSL teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X