Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soccer

It is all a money grab. Anything above town travel is a money grab. This whole system is just spinning in circles. Leagues keep forming and folding to eventually establish the same thing with different initials that costs more money. Kids sports has become a place for adults to make money and nothing more. All sports are the same. 8 billion travel teams all competing for the parents checks. If everyone had stayed in their town the quality of play would likely be better. The only kids that move on now in most sports are the kids whose parents can pay thousands of dollars a year. Most other kids drop out by 12. The kids who develop later physically are out of luck now.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is all a money grab. Anything above town travel is a money grab. This whole system is just spinning in circles. Leagues keep forming and folding to eventually establish the same thing with different initials that costs more money. Kids sports has become a place for adults to make money and nothing more. All sports are the same. 8 billion travel teams all competing for the parents checks. If everyone had stayed in their town the quality of play would likely be better. The only kids that move on now in most sports are the kids whose parents can pay thousands of dollars a year. Most other kids drop out by 12. The kids who develop later physically are out of luck now.
      That was quite the rant; but you’re pretty much correct

Comment

That was quite the rant; but you’re pretty much correct
        Poster beat me to it. Clubs et al are money et al are grabs and plenty of customers aren't happy or don't feel they got their money's worth. If you're not satisfied toy the consumer have the power to leave. Theres plenty of options our there at different price points and varying quality. Seek out options that suit your needs best. Also be aware it changes all the time also. Do an annual review and don't go for the automatic re sign

Comment

I wish US club never happened. Broke my kids team apart and she didn't really care for the ECNL bullsh.
          Aka....she didn’t get asked to play ECNL.

Comment

Thanks Josh. Azz

Comment

Aka....she didn’t get asked to play ECNL.
              Mine did and I still regret those 2 wasted years. Should have left sooner or just turned it down, but everyone made it sound as if the soccer and coaches were amazing .... Neither were.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X