Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAL announces GAAP

Lovely concept, but damn, do these people need help with their acronyms!!!

The Girls Academy announced the launch of the first-ever player-led board, the Girls Academy Advisory Panel (GAAP).

The GAAP is a strategic initiative that aligns with the GA’s ‘by the players, for the players’ philosophy. The GAAP provides GA players the opportunity to represent their team, club, and conference to take ownership in their experience and overall development of the GA by collaboratively and collectively using their voice. Interested players go through an application and selection process and will serve a one-year term.

“Now more than ever, young people deserve the right to be heard. They are more capable than we ever give them credit for,” said Tiffany Weimer, Oakwood Soccer Club. “With that in mind, the GAAP will serve as a constant reminder of an often forgotten notion: youth sports are about the players and the experiences that they want to have.”

“Tiff came up with a great concept and through the collaborative effort of dozens of GA leaders across the country, we were able to construct a model that will further enhance the journey of the GA players,” said Ashlee Fontes-Comber, GA board of directors. “The GAAP really stays true to the mission and core values of the GA. We are excited to watch the evolution of the GA experience through the eyes, minds, and voices of the players.”

The GA replaces the former Development Academy (DA) for most of the former girls’ DA clubs. The season kicks off in August with the first showcase event in November

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lovely concept, but damn, do these people need help with their acronyms!!!

The Girls Academy announced the launch of the first-ever player-led board, the Girls Academy Advisory Panel (GAAP).

The GAAP is a strategic initiative that aligns with the GA’s ‘by the players, for the players’ philosophy. The GAAP provides GA players the opportunity to represent their team, club, and conference to take ownership in their experience and overall development of the GA by collaboratively and collectively using their voice. Interested players go through an application and selection process and will serve a one-year term.

“Now more than ever, young people deserve the right to be heard. They are more capable than we ever give them credit for,” said Tiffany Weimer, Oakwood Soccer Club. “With that in mind, the GAAP will serve as a constant reminder of an often forgotten notion: youth sports are about the players and the experiences that they want to have.”

“Tiff came up with a great concept and through the collaborative effort of dozens of GA leaders across the country, we were able to construct a model that will further enhance the journey of the GA players,” said Ashlee Fontes-Comber, GA board of directors. “The GAAP really stays true to the mission and core values of the GA. We are excited to watch the evolution of the GA experience through the eyes, minds, and voices of the players.”

The GA replaces the former Development Academy (DA) for most of the former girls’ DA clubs. The season kicks off in August with the first showcase event in November
    Oakwood. Not surprised the brain trust there would come up with such a horrible acronym.

Comment

It's actually a really good concept. They took the USSF heavy-handed approach and flipped it completely around. Interesting to see how well it plays out. I'd like to see this spreading to other leagues.

And, no, I am not a part of GAL...don't even have a girl playing soccer.

Comment

It's actually a really good concept. They took the USSF heavy-handed approach and flipped it completely around. Interesting to see how well it plays out. I'd like to see this spreading to other leagues.

And, no, I am not a part of GAL...don't even have a girl playing soccer.
        hahahaha, nice disclaimer, but on here, you lieeeeeeeee.....

Comment

Oakwood. Not surprised the brain trust there would come up with such a horrible acronym.
          We use to play Oakwood in there GDA, never lost to them, and boy did their parents not care for that, you can tell in their eyes. The town near the fields is a creepy place, much like Derry Maine, where IT resides, however I digress.

The concept is interesting, and not sure how much will be scripted, even though they say its a true representation of the actual youth participating in GAAP, should be GPA, that way they can score themselves both athletically and scholastically, I am so brilliant, it boggles.

Anything after GDA will be a sad shell of its former self, there was once a shining city upon a city, sigh.......

Comment

We use to play Oakwood in there GDA, never lost to them, and boy did their parents not care for that, you can tell in their eyes. The town near the fields is a creepy place, much like Derry Maine, where IT resides, however I digress.

The concept is interesting, and not sure how much will be scripted, even though they say its a true representation of the actual youth participating in GAAP, should be GPA, that way they can score themselves both athletically and scholastically, I am so brilliant, it boggles.

Anything after GDA will be a sad shell of its former self, there was once a shining city upon a city, sigh.......
            It’s me again, Mr. Brilliant,

There have been mentions in previous posts that the GDA was a failure, I disagree, and my perspective is like 99% of other parents, as 99% of parents only give a shat about their own,
            that being poetically said, so for us, and that's all that matters, the GDA was great. My Daughters age was such that she spent the last 2 years with NYCFC, and she had a great time, especially beating Oakwood, but I digress again, sorry, and NYSC, oops, where was I?
            Oh, back to my story, the eventual collapse of GDA was predicted from day 1, mostly by ECNL parents, and yes I was one of them too. Personally, I think USSF used the Covid19 pandemic to put the USSDA mercifully to rest, especially the girls side, its just a panic move by American soccer professionals, its sad, as are many more (important) things, we will always treasure to days at the complex, getting a burger and a coffee, will miss all the smiles from players and parents, and of course the daily gossip, its just part of the process. Fredy was my D’s coach, and overall he is good for them, not the greatest in-game guy, but his training sessions both at practice and privately were the best, THE BEST. Kaz was there mostly, but he never coached our team, he seemed awkward around some parents, maybe what a poster was hinting at, the Kaz couldn't wait to break-up the teams, but that's not true, he knew he had good teams, as a whole the teams were competitive regionally, but lacked results in national events, as does 99% of other teams, as there can only be one.

Anywho, ciao!!

Comment

It’s me again, Mr. Brilliant,

There have been mentions in previous posts that the GDA was a failure, I disagree, and my perspective is like 99% of other parents, as 99% of parents only give a shat about their own,
              that being poetically said, so for us, and that's all that matters, the GDA was great. My Daughters age was such that she spent the last 2 years with NYCFC, and she had a great time, especially beating Oakwood, but I digress again, sorry, and NYSC, oops, where was I?
              Oh, back to my story, the eventual collapse of GDA was predicted from day 1, mostly by ECNL parents, and yes I was one of them too. Personally, I think USSF used the Covid19 pandemic to put the USSDA mercifully to rest, especially the girls side, its just a panic move by American soccer professionals, its sad, as are many more (important) things, we will always treasure to days at the complex, getting a burger and a coffee, will miss all the smiles from players and parents, and of course the daily gossip, its just part of the process. Fredy was my D’s coach, and overall he is good for them, not the greatest in-game guy, but his training sessions both at practice and privately were the best, THE BEST. Kaz was there mostly, but he never coached our team, he seemed awkward around some parents, maybe what a poster was hinting at, the Kaz couldn't wait to break-up the teams, but that's not true, he knew he had good teams, as a whole the teams were competitive regionally, but lacked results in national events, as does 99% of other teams, as there can only be one.

Anywho, ciao!!
              GDA was a failure from Day 1 when they handed out badges to clubs that didn't even exist and had zero track record of development or competition. While the kool-aid was plentiful at NYCFC, it was just another day of low level NPL at several other clubs.

Comment

GDA was a failure from Day 1 when they handed out badges to clubs that didn't even exist and had zero track record of development or competition. While the kool-aid was plentiful at NYCFC, it was just another day of low level NPL at several other clubs.
                Yes, exactly, and why should I care about someone else??

Comment

Annnnd, I said that already, give me something more...anything.

Comment

Spot on! Don't blink because the GAL will be gone quicker then you can say I use to play in the DA.

Comment

Spot on! Don't blink because the GAL will be gone quicker then you can say I use to play in the DA.
                      Spot on? You mean I was spot-on right, not this weed-dick....

Comment

Yes, exactly, and why should I care about someone else??
                        Just understand what youth soccer is here and what is it not. No matter if it is GDA or ECNL and any other league americcan youth soccer is the battle of the pay to play affluent suburban soccer kids. That is fine and of some value but all this conquering hero stuff is silly.

Only exception would be funded boys academy teams.

Comment

Just understand what youth soccer is here and what is it not. No matter if it is GDA or ECNL and any other league americcan youth soccer is the battle of the pay to play affluent suburban soccer kids. That is fine and of some value but all this conquering hero stuff is silly.

Idealist go that way >>>>>>>

Comment

and I understand more than you, but that is the system we have here is Merica, perhaps we need a SoccerLM movement??

Comment

Jeezus H Chryst....someone posts something about GAL, specifically about some kids being enabled to provide a voice for the direction of the league...and just like always the weirdos go into another anti-GAL campaign.

Why so worried?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X