Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will RI have High School Soccer this fall?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a former collegiate wrestler, I'm confident in saying that if wrestling has the green light, then all sports should. There's no sport with more close, intimate contact, practice included.
    Just because one state has done it doesn’t automatically make it a good idea. If they believe they have a robust way to monitor how things are going and isolate outbreaks, then we need to learn how they’re planning to do it.

Comment

Just because one state has done it doesn’t automatically make it a good idea. If they believe they have a robust way to monitor how things are going and isolate outbreaks, then we need to learn how they’re planning to do it.
      The numbers will drive the decision!

Comment

Yeah, using New Zealand as an example almost makes me laugh if it weren't so tragic. They have knocked it out with a sane government in the lead. If only we had that in this country.

Comment

It seems our Governor is actually doing a good job and so are most of the people who live in RI. I think RI can have sports this fall but we should stay in state since other states aren't doing as well as us. We should start our season after the schools settle in so mid Sept like other sates are considering. Since our Gov seems to coordinate some of her efforts with New York I am sure she is looking at what they are doing.

New York, "Although the decision whether to reopen schools around the state will not be made until Aug. 1, the New York State Public High School Athletic Association made the decision Thursday to delay to start of the 2020 fall season for scholastic sports.

The second meeting the NYSPHSAA COVID-19 task force Thursday prompted the decision to push back the proposed start of the fall season until Sept. 21.As the state considers reopening, it is unrealistic to believe athletic seasons can start Aug. 24 as originally scheduled," New York State Public High School Athletic Association president Paul Harrica said..."Obviously, there are no state championships or regionals games," said Ravena athletic director and Section II football coordinator Bob Dorrance. "Whether we play sectional games will be determined by what the governor says."

Comment

Jerk. Sure you also have a great plan for the special needs kids.
            Yup... eliminate those sports if it’s not safe for the Special Needs kids.. To risky if they have underlying conditions.

Comment

Just having kids attend school is a big mistake we're about to make. Put me down for 100 RI teachers/bus drivers/admins/school staff getting Covid with several of them dying. Another 1000+ kids getting Covid and hopefully no deaths. Of course the kids will transmit to parents/relatives and there will be a few additional untrackable deaths. But hey, it can't happen to you so go for it.

Comment

Just having kids attend school is a big mistake we're about to make. Put me down for 100 RI teachers/bus drivers/admins/school staff getting Covid with several of them dying. Another 1000+ kids getting Covid and hopefully no deaths. Of course the kids will transmit to parents/relatives and there will be a few additional untrackable deaths. But hey, it can't happen to you so go for it.
                Yea I agree... put me down for locking myself in my room with the government paying for me (only way to be 100% safe). Make sure I get to keep free phone and internet service so I can continue to post on TS.

Comment

You Missed the point

Yup... eliminate those sports if it’s not safe for the Special Needs kids.. To risky if they have underlying conditions.
                  This is the dumbest response I think I have ever seen on a site full of them. I could say you missed the point but don’t think you would understand

Comment

We will have high school soccer if the people in charge or are of some influence speak to the governor about the fact that all surrounding states have lowered many sports to moderate risk and we should do the same so games can happen with added safety measures.

But the Athletic Directors
                    People who run Superliga
                    and Club coaches need to speak up asap.

Comment

We will have high school soccer if the people in charge or are of some influence speak to the governor about the fact that all surrounding states have lowered many sports to moderate risk and we should do the same so games can happen with added safety measures.

But the Athletic Directors
                      People who run Superliga
                      and Club coaches need to speak up asap.
                      HS on the Athletic Directors. Probably only a handful of good ones.

Comment

Send a letter to Gina

Ok Superliga, HS Athletic Directors and Club owners you need to start a letter for parents and coaches to sign so we can have games this fall. We will sign it but it has to come from the top w a submitted Reopen Back to Game Play plan. Other states have made those plans?! Have you guys submitted them? Also you can create a Petitiin like Ohio soccer did on Change.org to their Governor. https://www.change.org/p/ohio-governor-concerning-the-safety-of-soccer-in-a-covid-19-world-a-letter-to-governor-dewine?recruiter=763022065&utm_source=share_petiti on&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_shar e_abi&utm_term=petition_dashboard&recruited_by_id= e02748c0-84fe-11e7-b456-113e7a38c8a1&utm_content=fht-23723993-en-us%3A2

I don’t see anything from those who run soccer in our state like this. Are you guys reaching out to the Governor? Parents don’t have the voice as we don’t submit these plans.

Comment

Any word on high school sports? My kid is attending captains practices and preseason camps training to get ready... any word?

Comment

No fall soccer. Decision coming from Gov Aug 10. No fall sports at all.

Comment

No fall soccer. Decision coming from Gov Aug 10. No fall sports at all.
                              Is this your guess or do you have a source?

Comment

Ok Superliga, HS Athletic Directors and Club owners you need to start a letter for parents and coaches to sign so we can have games this fall. We will sign it but it has to come from the top w a submitted Reopen Back to Game Play plan. Other states have made those plans?! Have you guys submitted them? Also you can create a Petitiin like Ohio soccer did on Change.org to their Governor. https://www.change.org/p/ohio-governor-concerning-the-safety-of-soccer-in-a-covid-19-world-a-letter-to-governor-dewine?recruiter=763022065&utm_source=share_petiti on&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_shar e_abi&utm_term=petition_dashboard&recruited_by_id= e02748c0-84fe-11e7-b456-113e7a38c8a1&utm_content=fht-23723993-en-us%3A2

I don’t see anything from those who run soccer in our state like this. Are you guys reaching out to the Governor? Parents don’t have the voice as we don’t submit these plans.
                                The Governor isn't up for reelection and your General Assembly members are too chicken sh*t to meet because they don't want to pass a budget where they have to make cuts to their precious special interests.

The GA is waiting for Uncle Sam to write another $1B to the state so they can pass their budget and in the meantime have ceded authority to 1 person who - well meaning and smart as she may be - has NO clue about how 39 cities and towns and another 15 or so charter districts run. The "school" plans are hampered by her ridiculous state wide mandates (note CT gives bus seating decision to the towns for example) and now you have the unions flexing their muscle (and they have the biggest seat at the table).

The GOV is NOT even bothered by your concerns - unless you can get 10-20K of you to march on her house like BLM protestors. But you can write your GA reps and tell them you are NOT voting for any incumbent -- of course, since the majority are Democrats with no real opposition that's pretty meaningless -- unless you can get the 3,000 people in Cranston 15 (the speaker's district) to march to Nicky's house and demand action.

Until then, the unions are calling the shots with the Gov and I can tell you as the spouse of a teacher, the word is delay/go distance so having *sports* means "all is well" -- at best you'll get tennis and cross country (with social distancing starts).

The problem for town/club soccer is having those run raises the question of why can't HS soccer -- and see last point -- anything that sounds like "return to normal" raises the question of why kids can't have their butts in the school with a teacher. Just read what the unions are saying nationally and in MA/RI -- and in RI you have a Gov who is angling for a position in in the Biden administration so she ain't doing anything to piss off the unions..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X