Boys Showcase Opportunity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad you already know you’ll get roasted; because it’s coming hard and fast

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Again...relevance?
      You got hustled you moron; that’s the relevance. You overpaid and will probably get zip from it. These types of events are a pure money grab. Holy crap you’re dumb.

Comment

You got hustled you moron; that’s the relevance. You overpaid and will probably get zip from it. These types of events are a pure money grab. Holy crap you’re dumb.
        They are one tool in the tool box. Love it or not, it’s the only way to get seen until thanksgiving

Comment

They are one tool in the tool box. Love it or not, it’s the only way to get seen until thanksgiving
          Sadly, yes. Generally not a fan of these - but when my D was an 8th-grader she went to the one the OP mentioned just to get an understanding of what they are, and physically she fit in fine.

That being said, getting video and the chance to talk to coaches as a rising sophomore are difficult right now, so we decided to do it. Feedback already has been beyond expectations and it hasn't been a week. No, we won't do it again, but don't regret it either. Happened to have a little extra cash in the soccer budget since everything else was a wash for the last 4 months...

Good thing the poster who said that no coaches would be traveling across state lines for these types of events now was proven to be the moron.

Comment

$500 is 3 to 4 times as expensive as most other ID camps....

what does one get for all that additional spend?
            It was $599 actually

Comment

Sadly, yes. Generally not a fan of these - but when my D was an 8th-grader she went to the one the OP mentioned just to get an understanding of what they are, and physically she fit in fine.

That being said, getting video and the chance to talk to coaches as a rising sophomore are difficult right now, so we decided to do it. Feedback already has been beyond expectations and it hasn't been a week. No, we won't do it again, but don't regret it either. Happened to have a little extra cash in the soccer budget since everything else was a wash for the last 4 months...

Good thing the poster who said that no coaches would be traveling across state lines for these types of events now was proven to be the moron.
              D1/D2 can’t talk to a rising sophomore. I assume you mean D3 coaches.

Comment

Depends on how you categorize "talk". Because, yes, some have been in contact for two years now. Of course, in generalities, but this gave an opportunity to stay in contact and provide them with more "material" that otherwise we could not at this time.

Comment

You sure about DII?

Comment

Depends on how you categorize "talk". Because, yes, some have been in contact for two years now. Of course, in generalities, but this gave an opportunity to stay in contact and provide them with more "material" that otherwise we could not at this time.
                    If they knew who you were prior to this; not sure how this helped further things along. I guess it depends how much of your $599 they received.

Comment

If they knew who you were prior to this; not sure how this helped further things along. I guess it depends how much of your $599 they received.
                      Re-read my comment...I said "Some".

Others have been viewing her profile and gave general responses back. Right now, we are just trying to lay the groundwork in some cases, and reiterating her interest in others.

There is a hole in activity right now so we looked to find a way to fill it. Worth it? Up to each family there to decide. But, either way...the point was that the moron who said showcases like the one the OP linked are happening, and happening right in CT. Whether you, me, or someone else feels it's worth is is not the point.

Comment

Only a few spots left in our boys showcase, register today!

13 DII & DIII coaches
                        3 hours
                        2 full-size fields
                        written and oral evaluation

thanks all,

elitecollegecombine.com

Comment

If you played at CFC , you wouldn’t have to do this. They all play in college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X