Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If our daughter went to IRC we wouldn’t even bother with soccer . Not worth our time .
    Admittedly Largo has its faults but the girls from JB team know how to play and the rest do their best . We won’t miss HS when it’s all done next year but playing for 4 years with JB Was fantastic . In my opinion best team in Florida and that includes all the so called elite ECHL teams .
    "In my opinion best team in Florida and that includes all the so called elite ECHL teams."

This has been amusing to watch the prisoner-on-prisoner violence at Celtic but now you have said something that is not grounded in reality. Did you really say "...best team in Florida?"

Comment

"In my opinion best team in Florida and that includes all the so called elite ECHL teams."

This has been amusing to watch the prisoner-on-prisoner violence at Celtic but now you have said something that is not grounded in reality. Did you really say "...best team in Florida?"
      I've never seen a team with such an over-inflated sense of their self worth. Any elite team would destroy you.

Comment

LOL...you're a clown 🤡. IRC scored it's only goal on a PK early in the game. Then your coach, RM, played not to lose and dropped everybody back the rest of the game. You started the trashing talking about high school soccer and now you wanna get all sensitive when someone hits you with facts about the trash teams that IRC played last season. But you had a lot to say earlier about Largo, who btw didn't play Dixie, Bogie, or PP last season.

For the record...most kids play soccer for all the reasons you listed. So neither you nor your kid are that special. When did anyone mention pro soccer besides you? lol
        RM is only one of 4 assistants on that team. You can’t give him blame or credit. It’s the head coach who calls the shots and gets the criticism

Comment

RM is only one of 4 assistants on that team. You can’t give him blame or credit. It’s the head coach who calls the shots and gets the criticism
          Thanks. I stand corrected. RM shouldn't get all the blame for that.

Regardless I'm not a fan of that style of play. If that's the case then don't play a team at all if you're playing not to lose. To quote Herman Edwards, "You play to win the game!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

Comment

You guys are idiots.

Girls soccer.

Keep talking though, it really will turn that 3 incher into an 8!

Comment

You guys are idiots.

Girls soccer.

Keep talking though, it really will turn that 3 incher into an 8!
              Yet here you are, again, posting on a thread full of idiots.

"Keep talking though, it really will turn that 3 incher into an 8".... I'm sure you will wife says the same about you. 😲😲😲

Comment

03 parent here. I'll agree. JB is a very good coach but a lousy DOC. Can't blame the 03 parents for that.
                Lousy? That is harsh. He is either lazy or doesn’t care and I don’t know what’s worse. He could be good though because he is a good coach

Comment

Lousy? That is harsh. He is either lazy or doesn’t care and I don’t know what’s worse. He could be good though because he is a good coach
                  JB isnt really lousy, its just that most of the club has been lackluster other than his girls team. Im not trolling its just a fact that The boys side specificaly has been given the short end of the stick by JB in his time at the club. I dont have a son who plays at celtic but anyone whos involved at celtic knows that. Senior boys need to be taken by the hand if they want to get a college scholarship, because most of the boys are to lazy to do it on their own. My daughter had robbie milner as a coach, hes a fine coach. Robbie has experience in the arena of college football, Now hes got the 02/03 boys, and I would probably say those boys are Celtic's last hopes of putting any boys in college. Ive seen some glimpses of their trainings and there honestly is some talented players. If JB and Robbie can narrow it down to the cream of the crop and really push for that player/players to get into the college spotlight, that could be a catalyst for change on the boys side. There is one or two on that senior team that Robbie has who have a real chance to go to college, and in my opinion that has to be the focus in the next year or two for the boys. As far as the girls go, development and attraction. The difference between the boys and the girls is that the girls side has a selling point with JB's 03 team, thats why the boys need a selling point (getting a boy to college) to attract future players. Its pretty simple from their, its all about the coaching and connection to get girls to college. I think Robbie and JB are good lads to speerhead the senior sides (boys/girls) due to their connections. Next one/two years will be vital for the boys side, while the girls side is on the rise.
                  Signed,
                  A Parent With Insight

Comment

JB isnt really lousy, its just that most of the club has been lackluster other than his girls team. Im not trolling its just a fact that The boys side specificaly has been given the short end of the stick by JB in his time at the club. I dont have a son who plays at celtic but anyone whos involved at celtic knows that. Senior boys need to be taken by the hand if they want to get a college scholarship, because most of the boys are to lazy to do it on their own. My daughter had robbie milner as a coach, hes a fine coach. Robbie has experience in the arena of college football, Now hes got the 02/03 boys, and I would probably say those boys are Celtic's last hopes of putting any boys in college. Ive seen some glimpses of their trainings and there honestly is some talented players. If JB and Robbie can narrow it down to the cream of the crop and really push for that player/players to get into the college spotlight, that could be a catalyst for change on the boys side. There is one or two on that senior team that Robbie has who have a real chance to go to college, and in my opinion that has to be the focus in the next year or two for the boys. As far as the girls go, development and attraction. The difference between the boys and the girls is that the girls side has a selling point with JB's 03 team, thats why the boys need a selling point (getting a boy to college) to attract future players. Its pretty simple from their, its all about the coaching and connection to get girls to college. I think Robbie and JB are good lads to speerhead the senior sides (boys/girls) due to their connections. Next one/two years will be vital for the boys side, while the girls side is on the rise.
                    Signed,
                    A Parent With Insight
                    you have some interesting points. Wwe just moved to Celtic from Largo United because the club was falling apart. We dont know what the season holds, and we have two coaches who cant seem to figure out which is the main coach. I dont know much about the quality of a college soccer player, but it think ur right about the fact that it wouldnt hurt to try to get a player to college. We played the 02/03 team in a scrim over the weekend and I will say that they had a pretty good team. They beat us 4-0 nut that can be expected from an older team. They did have a really good player that played like center midfield/attacking position who was pretty good with good dribbles and creativity, along with a few other good players. I second what u say abt the boys side, mutually between the 04s and 02/03 from what ive seen, there are some good soccer players, maybe one or two who could make it to college

Comment

you have some interesting points. Wwe just moved to Celtic from Largo United because the club was falling apart. We dont know what the season holds, and we have two coaches who cant seem to figure out which is the main coach. I dont know much about the quality of a college soccer player, but it think ur right about the fact that it wouldnt hurt to try to get a player to college. We played the 02/03 team in a scrim over the weekend and I will say that they had a pretty good team. They beat us 4-0 nut that can be expected from an older team. They did have a really good player that played like center midfield/attacking position who was pretty good with good dribbles and creativity, along with a few other good players. I second what u say abt the boys side, mutually between the 04s and 02/03 from what ive seen, there are some good soccer players, maybe one or two who could make it to college
                      The fact that you admit you came from Largo explains why you would come here for info. So the 3 angry Celtic parents and you can now have conversations on how the world should be

Comment

The fact that you admit you came from Largo explains why you would come here for info. So the 3 angry Celtic parents and you can now have conversations on how the world should be
                        All the good coaches left the celtics. Jb someone who could not make it Europe claims to have all the development answers in the US. If you are actually that knowledgeable about soccer, Europe is the place to be. Wash up and failing Eruopean coaches find their way to America for easy money. Florida Premier and Sporting tampa Bay is a good example of those coaches.

Comment

Yet here you are, again, posting on a thread full of idiots.

"Keep talking though, it really will turn that 3 incher into an 8".... I'm sure you will wife says the same about you. 😲😲😲
                          Can we get back to my 3 incher?

All this talk of coaches and teams and high schools teams seems so mundane.

Comment

All the good coaches left the celtics. Jb someone who could not make it Europe claims to have all the development answers in the US. If you are actually that knowledgeable about soccer, Europe is the place to be. Wash up and failing Eruopean coaches find their way to America for easy money. Florida Premier and Sporting tampa Bay is a good example of those coaches.
                            What good coaches ? How Many State cups ? How many College commits ? Lets be' realalistic here.

Comment

If good coaches only coach in europe then by that logic, American football development will never improve because no good coaches would be in America to help restructure/rebuild a better development system. The point of bringing a JB or Robbie Milner or other European coaches is to slowly improve the development, and help get boys/girls up to a high standard of play and maybe to college. JB and Robbie primarily are brought in to push kids to college and make selling points for the future of the club as the above poster said. If Robbie and JB can get a boy to college in the next two years then we can deduct that the arrival of JB and Robbie has been a success and improvements are noticeable. Obviously JB has already proved his worth on the girls side, but the senior boys have to be a priority. Try to take one or two players that are the best of the incoming Juniors at Celtic and try to get one of those boys to college. You cant focus on getting every single boy/girl at the club to college, you have to narrow it down to a smaller point of focus. The other players (boys/girls) wont care if one of their teammates are being helped in a superficial way, it will only motivate them to be better. This is how CC operated years ago with their academy players and it worked.

Comment

I was at the scrimmage when you played the 02/03 team. Your team performed very well for a team full of younger players going against arguably one of the best teams that Celtic has has had over the year. Four girls on that played that day are committed to colleges and one who didn't play is committed as well. At least 3-4 more girls will probably be committed by the end of the year. The midfield on the 02/03 team is stacked with 3 college commits. Your team has some very good players and has a bright future. Good luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X