• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a rerun

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      is this a rerun
      I hope this thread never ends. I can't get enough of town soccer talk!

Comment

The attitude that the only soccer that matters is club soccer is exactly why soccer in the US is a joke. Total lack of understanding that the game starts as a grassroots effort in communities. Ignorance among people writing big checks to those "elite" clubs runs deep.

Comment

The attitude that the only soccer that matters is club soccer is exactly why soccer in the US is a joke. Total lack of understanding that the game starts as a grassroots effort in communities. Ignorance among people writing big checks to those "elite" clubs runs deep.
          It's a small, but sometimes vocal, minority that feels that way. Town soccer provides an opportunity for all kids to play, and I encourage them to.

Comment

Attended Tryouts

I have a child who already plays Eagles and another had been playing Hawks but wanted to try out. He did attend tryouts last week. It seemed to go off smoothly. I think they tried their best to keep the kids safe with social distancing etc. It appeared to be mostly younger aged kids trying out and they all seemed to have fun. There were two coaches in charge and the volunteers were helpful.

I asked about the pricing, while I was there, because of my oldest. It was explained, in part, as an issue with paying some of the fees ahead. The woman I spoke to said that she wasn't the best to ask but that I could come to meeting to have it better explained. That the financials are an open book to be seen by any who ask.

We were also told about free clinics which is nice. We don't hear "free" very often in sports or anything really. We signed both kids up and I was happy to see that there are 5 free days. The experience hasn't always been so good with the club but there seems to be a few good things going on right now.

Comment

Quick notice

The club has put on 3 of 5 free clinics to date as well as offerring a free girls clinic coming soon. The clinics seem to have varying ages with alot of littles. I would say there are about 50 or so kids, give or take a few. It is a bit quirky to sign in but we have to get used to it because it is the way of the world these days.

Recent emails from the club say we are having a season. They have to follow state guidelines and will cancel if the NHSL cancels. It looks as though opening weekend will be in September.

Additionally, there is an equipment giveaway for any kids that may be need gear...so they are asking for any donations of soccer gear.

Comment

The club has put on 3 of 5 free clinics to date as well as offerring a free girls clinic coming soon. The clinics seem to have varying ages with alot of littles. I would say there are about 50 or so kids, give or take a few. It is a bit quirky to sign in but we have to get used to it because it is the way of the world these days.

Recent emails from the club say we are having a season. They have to follow state guidelines and will cancel if the NHSL cancels. It looks as though opening weekend will be in September.

Additionally, there is an equipment giveaway for any kids that may be need gear...so they are asking for any donations of soccer gear.
                I guess you won’t get any money back from SC’s swimming pool!

Comment

Your right there , lots of pool time now
                  Finally DSC can grow, Good Luck

Comment

Your right there , lots of pool time now
                    Finally DSC can grow, Good Luck
                    Hmm - grow. The club was emasculated by the DC/SC. There is no growth possible - only further decline.

I can remember not too long ago there was a Derry team in every age group - and sometimes two. Usually there was a team in the top division (maybe not the best but at least that coach was challenging them). And maybe a team or two competing in Mass.

Now look at them:

Boys
                    NO U8 team
                    (2) U9 teams - B/C divisions
                    (2) U10 teams B/D divisions
                    (1) U11 team B division
                    NO U12 teams
                    NO U13 teams
                    (1) U14 team D division
                    NO U15 teams

Girls
                    NO U9 team
                    NO U10 team
                    (1) U11 team - A division
                    NO U12 team
                    NO U13 team
                    (1) U14 team
                    NO U15 team

so 8 teams - what a powerhouse! Oh yeah they will add a few teams in the spring, but....the troubling aspect is the pipeline is empty.

Thanks ML, and SC, and DC! Nice job running it into the ground.

Comment

Or maybe the talented players moved onto Seacoast or FC Stars nearby. All town soccer programs have player shortages. Nothing new here.

Comment

Great to see someone tell the truth about SC at Derry Soccer Club. Lots of funds missing over the years and you can be sure he never paid for any of his kids coaching. He was the treasurer, vice president and president. Everything was paid for on his personal credit card, he would add on a few thousand and then get the club to write him a cheque for the new total, no one would notice as the club finances were never shown in public. It's all over now for SC, he has the funds well hidden by now, but karma will catch up on him. Meanwhile his son is still a sub on Seacoast Utd. SC tried to buy his way onto the revs team, but they rejected the kid because of his SC his dad! lol #revsrejects

Comment

This is likely happening all over the place. The tellingnsign are parents that stay one after their kids have moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                            This is likely happening all over the place. The telling sign are parents that stay one after their kids have moved on.
                            Exactly what happened in DSC

Comment

Great to see someone tell the truth about SC at Derry Soccer Club. Lots of funds missing over the years and you can be sure he never paid for any of his kids coaching. He was the treasurer, vice president and president. Everything was paid for on his personal credit card, he would add on a few thousand and then get the club to write him a cheque for the new total, no one would notice as the club finances were never shown in public. It's all over now for SC, he has the funds well hidden by now, but karma will catch up on him. Meanwhile his son is still a sub on Seacoast Utd. SC tried to buy his way onto the revs team, but they rejected the kid because of his SC his dad! lol #revsrejects
                              Haven’t you been keeping up? His son is now a football star. Google it. How’s your kid doing?

Comment

Haven’t you been keeping up? His son is now a football star. Google it. How’s your kid doing?
                                That's hilarious, keeps him of the streets lol He couldn't play soccer either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X