Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. Most of the kids that played NEPAL moved back to DA in the alternating years. Without NEPAL (as it was originally structured), those younger age kids would have had to leave their clubs and then the DA clubs would have to rebuild the multi-age teams every year.

It was for all but the best few kids in the lower half of the 2-year teams.
    Again, but I will type slower this time, this league and NEPAL were holdover leagues for kids who couldn't make their clubs A teams. Same thing.

Comment

Well I dont understand I think the vast majority of BDA clubs are now, indeed, MLS EYDP teams. Who was left out in the cold??? Except for those that chose to be left out?
      OP was right, all tier 2 clubs were left out in the cold by USSF. MLS just threw out a nugget for those terribly desperate clubs to try to believe they are still relevant .... All 100 of them! Hahaha ..... Here's how this will play out. Homage and money from all teams will offset tier 1 club costs. In return, tier 2 clubs will get to play 5 or 6 games a year against MLS clubs (at a showcase or x-over game or friendlies) so they can be scouted and lose their top player or 2 for the following year with nothing in return except for higher league fees the next year. most of these games will be embarrassingly lopsided so you can imagine that the MLS clubs need to get something out of it right? Cherry picking talent is the valuable item (especially at younger age groups) that MLS clubs will be taking as the firm if payment. Just like U18/19 last season but now across the board in the near future. Tier 2 is a farm system for MLS clubs. Watch how this plays out for all non MLS clubs.

Comment

Again, but I will type slower this time, this league and NEPAL were holdover leagues for kids who couldn't make their clubs A teams. Same thing.
        Again, but I will not be gratuitously insulting, it's not the same thing because there are no more 2-year teams so there are no more holdover kids, so these are all pure B team players that could not play on the A teams.

NEPAL teams had all but the very best kids at their age group, these teams will have all B team kids whose parents checks cashed.

So the only way they could be the same thing is if "No holdover kids and good players" and "holdover kids and no good kids" mean the same thing.

Comment

Again, but I will not be gratuitously insulting, it's not the same thing because there are no more 2-year teams so there are no more holdover kids, so these are all pure B team players that could not play on the A teams.

NEPAL teams had all but the very best kids at their age group, these teams will have all B team kids whose parents checks cashed.

So the only way they could be the same thing is if "No holdover kids and good players" and "holdover kids and no good kids" mean the same thing.
          Wussy. So, what you are saying is that this league is a league for kids who couldn't make their club's A teams?

Comment

Wussy. So, what you are saying is that this league is a league for kids who couldn't make their club's A teams?
            Yes, which is why I said it will suck compared to NEPAL, which didn't.

Why saying that was wuss-like, I fear I will never know.

Comment

Yes, which is why I said it will suck compared to NEPAL, which didn't.

Why saying that was wuss-like, I fear I will never know.
              Forget it. This is a vacuum.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X