Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree competition is good. I welcome it. My question was really more about the logistics. If our team already has offers and better players come from GPS, then what? Personally I'm ok with people being bumped, etc. But I doubt all are ok. I'm less ok with better players not being on our top team because of the status quo.
    A few players on the GPS 03 and 04 teams are very good, however not all would be interested in the commitment to drive all the way to Epping.

Comment

I agree competition is good. I welcome it. My question was really more about the logistics. If our team already has offers and better players come from GPS, then what? Personally I'm ok with people being bumped, etc. But I doubt all are ok. I'm less ok with better players not being on our top team because of the status quo.
      I don't foresee bloated rosters happening. I also cannot fathom they would take a lesser player over a better one because they are new. I've never seen that happen in our time there. Of course, opinions vary about new players vs. old and who is better, but from what I've seen, any changes in roster has been merited on our team.

Yes, there is an element of "we've been here all along" crew and it's something we battled when we came in a few years ago, so someone getting bumped may complain. Sadly, they are doing this for the wrong reason if that's the case.

My only suggestion is to see how the next few weeks shake out. There are tryouts coming up and they want to ensure they are looking at every age group and team within them properly.

Comment

A few players on the GPS 03 and 04 teams are very good, however not all would be interested in the commitment to drive all the way to Epping.
        In my experience with GPS (a little outdated), those age groups were their best. They were hacked a little last year, but there's enough players left that carry good players. Not sure where they come from, but Bedford to Epping is actually an easy ride. Once you get south of that, traffic becomes a bigger issue.

Comment

If our team already has offers and better players come from GPS, then what? Personally I'm ok with people being bumped, etc. But I doubt all are ok.
          The players that stay on the overall better team have a great time.

The players who get bumped down will likely complain, but then:

a) won't do anything about it
          b) find that the lower team is a better fit
          c) grumble but do nothing
          d) leave and go... where?

So from Seacoast's perspective, they strengthen multiple rosters, win more games, get better advertising, and if some people move on there are 50 who will accept the roster spot next year.

Comment

I'm the op and I agree. Like I said before, I'm all for it if they do it. I was really just thinking about the logistics side. Can you, after giving an offer, said no, you're on NPL or DPL not academy like we initially said.

Just musing here. I know whatever happens happens. I'm ok wherever my D lands.

Comment

Can you, after giving an offer, said no, you're on NPL or DPL not academy like we initially said.
              Legally yes. Morally no. In reality probably.

Comment

I'm the op and I agree. Like I said before, I'm all for it if they do it. I was really just thinking about the logistics side. Can you, after giving an offer, said no, you're on NPL or DPL not academy like we initially said.

Just musing here. I know whatever happens happens. I'm ok wherever my D lands.
                How clear was the offer for a specific team?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X