Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chances of high school season happening

Obviously I know no one knows for sure but what is everyone thinking about MIAA allowing these kids to play in the fall? It is what it is but it would be a real bummer not to happen. Feel so bad for the spring sports kids who missed out.

There is 0 reason to cancel the Fall season. It's time to end this charade. The kids are missing too much development, school, life and soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Obviously I know no one knows for sure but what is everyone thinking about MIAA allowing these kids to play in the fall? It is what it is but it would be a real bummer not to happen. Feel so bad for the spring sports kids who missed out.
      From talking to a couple of ADs, I’d say there is almost no chance of a high school season. High probability of some form of training and possible some scrimmages.

Comment

100k in Times Square last night
        100k at Alabama football game is no problem

Comment

This is a woke virus
          You only get it by doing unsanctioned activity
          Get it at Church
          But don’t get it at protest
          Get it for opening a gym
          Don’t get it looting

Comment

This is a woke virus
            You only get it by doing unsanctioned activity
            Get it at Church
            But don’t get it at protest
            Get it for opening a gym
            Don’t get it looting
            No idea what this means. The OP asked about chances of play happening. They didn’t ask for commentary about what should or shouldn’t happen. They also didn’t ask for socio-political commentary.

Comment

From talking to a couple of ADs, I’d say there is almost no chance of a high school season. High probability of some form of training and possible some scrimmages.
              Guess it depends on who you ask. Our AD just sent a school wide email saying he is "optimistic" about the fall season. Additionally, preparations are starting to have the normal(ish) summer sports and condition programs.

Comment

Guess it depends on who you ask. Our AD just sent a school wide email saying he is "optimistic" about the fall season. Additionally, preparations are starting to have the normal(ish) summer sports and condition programs.
                Poster from another state with no board. The organization that oversees HS sports has been talking to ADs about multiple scenarios - full regular season but what can departments do to lessen athletic spread? Or possibly a partial shorter season. Playoffs would be entirely dependent on data in October. But ultimately it's up to governors and school boards to decide, not ADs. Our board doesn't even know how to open school let alone sports. There's more task force meetings than a failing corporation.

Comment

anyone else hearing the rumors that MIAA is thinking about moving spring sports to the fall and vice versa??? Don't shoot the messenger but it's being discussed.

Comment

anyone else hearing the rumors that MIAA is thinking about moving spring sports to the fall and vice versa??? Don't shoot the messenger but it's being discussed.
                    Yes and a friend in CT said that's being discussed there also. Move low contact sports like golf, baseball and track to the fall. Problem is a lot of football and soccer players play LAX . For soccer players, doing HS and spring club soccer is too much

Comment

Yes and a friend in CT said that's being discussed there also. Move low contact sports like golf, baseball and track to the fall. Problem is a lot of football and soccer players play LAX . For soccer players, doing HS and spring club soccer is too much
                      I have heard this. Bad idea I think.

Comment

I have heard this. Bad idea I think.
                        Too many multisport athletes in HS to make it work.

Comment

Not sure how sports will be played if schools are not in full time

Comment

Not sure how sports will be played if schools are not in full time
                            You can have still have outdoor sports within whatever the applicable guidelines are. Although it would be easier for public schools than the privates.

Comment

Club would have to move their training to the fall, with some kind of modified season. If the whole state is doing it, they would lose money if they didn’t offer a fall season. I realize other states might not be in session which throws off leagues, but maybe that would get us what we all want- similar quality teams playing each other in state.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X