Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve heard mixed messages. Seems some teams are mostly going to surf, others seem split. I think what ends up happening is that NEFC SE will struggle to field single age group teams and will field mixed age teams as a stop gap. I think those families that go to surf will be somewhat dissapointed in the competition amd the lack of talent for players that get recruited for $ and not ability. Surf is paying coaches a premium and needs the revenue...
    The CT board seems to think the EDP expansion into New England is going to be pretty good. I mean, a couple of the MA teams named in the expansion are a little suspect, but the CT teams, and the teams that were formed from GPS and NEFC premiership players could end up being pretty solid.

Comment

The CT board seems to think the EDP expansion into New England is going to be pretty good. I mean, a couple of the MA teams named in the expansion are a little suspect, but the CT teams, and the teams that were formed from GPS and NEFC premiership players could end up being pretty solid.
      I would also point out that the new EDP League made the announcement of 12 teams with more to follow. I don’t think this thing is done. I believe you will have a couple more clubs from MA come on board. The EDP platform is very strong and when people take the time to see the offerings and the pathway it will be a done deal.

Comment

Desperation.
        Bad day for surf yesterday. Loosing a team they thought were guaranteed to switch over. Too many egos between the gps and nefc coaches. The idea of two surf teams that are right next to each others town is causing problems plus upcoming litigation. All these negative posts by surf are comical desperation of a club that is having a real bad launch.

Surf coaches. Stop bashing others on this site. It says everything about who you are and why no one that cares about the youths should join your club.

Comment

I would also point out that the new EDP League made the announcement of 12 teams with more to follow. I don’t think this thing is done. I believe you will have a couple more clubs from MA come on board. The EDP platform is very strong and when people take the time to see the offerings and the pathway it will be a done deal.
          After talking with other parents, we realized that joining surf would mean are tuition would be going to the coaches leagal fee troubles and another large percentage of our tuition would go right to corporate in California. we certainly do not want to be involved in legal risk over youth soccer, just look at the varsity blues thing.
          Who would give money to Bernie Madoff to invest after he was convicted?

Comment

So now where will you go? Bayside, Liverpool, or NEFC?
            Is this the team that SURF lost yesterday? Are you the NEFC team that left for bigger better SURF? Will you go back to NEFC?

Comment

After talking with other parents, we realized that joining surf would mean are tuition would be going to the coaches leagal fee troubles and another large percentage of our tuition would go right to corporate in California. we certainly do not want to be involved in legal risk over youth soccer, just look at the varsity blues thing.
              Who would give money to Bernie Madoff to invest after he was convicted?
              So, so much misinformation. And look at that, sent out precisely when a competing club staffer would have just logged on for the day. Don't you guys have something constructive to do? Like maybe doing something positive to improve your own club instead of sowing all this jealous hate?

Comment

So now where will you go? Bayside, Liverpool, or NEFC?
                Is this the team that SURF lost yesterday? Are you the NEFC team that left for bigger better SURF? Will you go back to NEFC?
                Which NEFC team is this that decided against Surf?

Comment

Desperation.
                  Bad day for surf yesterday. Loosing a team they thought were guaranteed to switch over. Too many egos between the gps and nefc coaches. The idea of two surf teams that are right next to each others town is causing problems plus upcoming litigation. All these negative posts by surf are comical desperation of a club that is having a real bad launch.

Surf coaches. Stop bashing others on this site. It says everything about who you are and why no one that cares about the youths should join your club.
                  "Bad day for surf yesterday. Loosing a team they thought were guaranteed to switch over."
                  Which team did they lose? I heard a few rumors but anything confirmed yet? There is a lot of underlying fear that with the legal issues with NEFC and Surf, and GPS, SURF will be a real gamble for families. Wait a year, see what happens. In a year we will know which of these three clubs is still standing, gone bankrupt, or tied up in litigations. Not a good time for families to switch clubs. Their children will lose out and parents will lose money. Take a moment and think before you jump to SURF.

Comment

"Bad day for surf yesterday. Loosing a team they thought were guaranteed to switch over."
                    Which team did they lose? I heard a few rumors but anything confirmed yet? There is a lot of underlying fear that with the legal issues with NEFC and Surf, and GPS, SURF will be a real gamble for families. Wait a year, see what happens. In a year we will know which of these three clubs is still standing, gone bankrupt, or tied up in litigations. Not a good time for families to switch clubs. Their children will lose out and parents will lose money. Take a moment and think before you jump to SURF.
                    This response is not to the poster, who is no doubt a NEFC employee, but for observers just trying to figure out what's what. I'm a parent of a kid who has left NEFC for Surf, and who has done my own research.

Legal issues between GPS and Surf were in MA (and S. Carolina), were for egregiously stupid things on the part of departing coaches, and were settled months ago (the MA one at least, not sure about the one in SC). NEFC has no legal issue with Surf, per se, it's with former individual coaches, and frankly, the families who are associated with the teams those guys coach probably know what's true and can make their own decisions. Anyone considering joining one of those particular teams can probably ask around and get in touch with a current member to get the facts, not filtered through an anonymous message board full of easy-to-spot nonsense posted by NEFC staff doing everything they can to intimidate families and threaten kids.

Comment

This response is not to the poster, who is no doubt a NEFC employee, but for observers just trying to figure out what's what. I'm a parent of a kid who has left NEFC for Surf, and who has done my own research.

Legal issues between GPS and Surf were in MA (and S. Carolina), were for egregiously stupid things on the part of departing coaches, and were settled months ago (the MA one at least, not sure about the one in SC). NEFC has no legal issue with Surf, per se, it's with former individual coaches, and frankly, the families who are associated with the teams those guys coach probably know what's true and can make their own decisions. Anyone considering joining one of those particular teams can probably ask around and get in touch with a current member to get the facts, not filtered through an anonymous message board full of easy-to-spot nonsense posted by NEFC staff doing everything they can to intimidate families and threaten kids.
                      You may want to re-check your facts. Good luck in the future. We will see you at Bayside tryouts next year.

Comment

"NEFC has no legal issue with Surf, per se, it's with former individual coaches, and frankly, the families who are associated with the teams those guys coach probably know what's true and can make their own decisions..."

So this is untrue as NEFC is suing the coaches who left and went to SURF. Those coaches won't be allowed to coach and SURF will lose those families. The NEFC coaches who left, aren't telling their families the truth. They will wait until money is spent, contract signed, and spots with other clubs rosters are filled. Then sadly the SURF ex NEFC families will learn their child no longer has a coach. You should never follow coaches to clubs, gamble. So sorry for those families.

Comment

You can give the whole scare tactic a rest. By now most of the families have actually reached out to lawyers they know and the ones that haven’t have talked to people which have.
                          Nice try though, speaks volumes about you and your club. Don’t have anything worth while so let us try and scare families into coming across, bravo.

Comment

"most of the families have actually reached out to lawyers '

WHAT????? The FAMALIES are reaching out to lawyers?
                            This is awful and embarrassing. WHY WOULD FAMILIES HAVE TO GO TO LAWYERS?
                            If I had to contact a lawyer for my child to play soccer I would think twice.
                            SURF, and the NEFC coaches who left should talk to lawyers, but the parents? geez

Comment

"NEFC has no legal issue with Surf, per se, it's with former individual coaches, and frankly, the families who are associated with the teams those guys coach probably know what's true and can make their own decisions..."

So this is untrue as NEFC is suing the coaches who left and went to SURF. Those coaches won't be allowed to coach and SURF will lose those families. The NEFC coaches who left, aren't telling their families the truth. They will wait until money is spent, contract signed, and spots with other clubs rosters are filled. Then sadly the SURF ex NEFC families will learn their child no longer has a coach. You should never follow coaches to clubs, gamble. So sorry for those families.
                              Whatever, NEFC dude, your boy screwed up royally by sending that menacing email out. I wouldn't be surprised if NEFC has its own legal issues to worry about. And unless it's happened this week, no coach has been sued, just threatening letters sent. But even if they are sued, NEFC would have to win to force them to not coach. None of them stole a database and blasted out a bunch of emails like that GPS idiot in MA, so that's unlikely. But we all already know this.

Comment

at this point I would want zero to do with any of these fighting clubs. drama much?
                                the world has much bigger problems than watching soccer dads, soccer coaches, and club owners battle this out. with covid looming it is a waste of money to join a club this season anyway. save your money. take up golf.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X