Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL is built with winning and ranking in mind because parents think that their kid is the star only when the team is winning. GDA was meant to fix this problem by focusing on standard development, but largely failed.

Here are few ways where "developing" may be better than "winning" for those who tend to quote "tiger woods":
    - play with both feet as opposed to favoring your strong foot to win
    - avoid "cheap" plays that simply don't work when kids get older (e.g. punting the ball)
    - focus on right plays rather than rely on mistakes by opposing team
    - rotate players through different positions rather than rely on their current strengths

Excellent feedback but guess what it happened plenty at the DA level too. Winning is something that creates the do whatever it takes however it takes mentality and it’s very hard to get away from that unless the model changes and matches up with what Europe is doing at the youth level.

Comment

I have no idea how to respond.

1) Somehow you went to U10 when I said U11/U12. How does one read an entry and then backtrack 1-2 years? Is it a mental block? I never wrote that U10 was relevant and here you go with U10 doesn't mean anything and the team doesn't stay together...THAT WAS NOT WHAT WAS SAID. U11/U12 the data shows CLEARLY that teams ranked in the top 5, 10, 20, 25....are still ranked that high 2 years later. Read what I wrote.

2) Are you really telling me that U14/U15 national rankings are BS? Wow you just have no idea what you are talking about.

3) Get a clue, bro

U14 Top 25...lots of clubs here focused on random tournaments to rack up points
      1. PDA
      2. Slammers
      3. Legends
      4. San Diego Surf
      5. FC Dallas
      6. Solar
      7. Colorado Rapids
      8. Virginia Development Academy
      9. Internationals
      10. San Juan SC
      11. Concorde Fire
      12. World Class FC
      13. OP
      14. Charlotte Soccer Academy
      15. Tophat
      16. MVLA
      17. South Carolina United
      18. San Jose Earthquakes
      19. Dallas Sting
      20. FC Stars
      21. GSA
      22. Tampa Bay United
      23. Crossfire Premier
      24. So Cal Blues
      25. SC del Sol
      My kid plays for a team on this list, and fully admit and understand these rankings are complete nonsense conducted with a methodology that has no chance to produce an accurate national rank of youth soccer teams.

Comment

1) Somehow you went to U10 when I said U11/U12. How does one read an entry and then backtrack 1-2 years? Is it a mental block? I never wrote that U10 was relevant and here you go with U10 doesn't mean anything and the team doesn't stay together...THAT WAS NOT WHAT WAS SAID. U11/U12 the data shows CLEARLY that teams ranked in the top 5, 10, 20, 25....are still ranked that high 2 years later. Read what I wrote.

2) Are you really telling me that U14/U15 national rankings are BS? Wow you just have no idea what you are talking about.

3) Get a clue, bro

1. PDA
        2. Slammers
        3. Legends
        4. San Diego Surf
        5. FC Dallas
        6. Solar
        7. Colorado Rapids
        9. Internationals
        10. San Juan SC
        11. Concorde Fire
        12. World Class FC
        13. OP
        15. Tophat
        16. MVLA
        18. San Jose Earthquakes
        19. Dallas Sting
        20. FC Stars
        21. GSA
        22. Tampa Bay United
        23. Crossfire Premier
        24. So Cal Blues
        25. SC del Sol
        Way to dodge what the guy said. He said those rankings are in name only. Of course PDA and other typically high ranking teams start highly ranked and then a few years later are still highly ranked. What the person said though are the kids are different. Your kid might be on a highly ranked team at u11/12, but odds are she won't be on that same team come u15/16. I'm not saying your kid isn't good or that she's going to get cut, but that the rankings mean almost nothing except in the moment (seeing the skill whereabouts of the other team compared to teams you've both faced or for tournament flighting). All of this dick wagging about "my kid's team is ranked #2 in nj" or similar is dumb. I guess it could make your feel better about the team though.

Comment

3) Get a clue, bro

1. PDA
          2. Slammers
          3. Legends
          4. San Diego Surf
          5. FC Dallas
          6. Solar
          7. Colorado Rapids
          9. Internationals
          10. San Juan SC
          11. Concorde Fire
          12. World Class FC
          13. OP
          15. Tophat
          16. MVLA
          18. San Jose Earthquakes
          19. Dallas Sting
          20. FC Stars
          21. GSA
          22. Tampa Bay United
          23. Crossfire Premier
          24. So Cal Blues
          25. SC del Sol
          Depending on the club, the teams on this list have likely turned over at least 1/3, typically more, from u11 to U14. My kid plays for one of the clubs listed above (not PDA). At least 3-6 kids dropped per year. I think things become a bit more stable at u15–not as much movement each year after that.

Comment

Depending on the club, the teams on this list have likely turned over at least 1/3, typically more, from u11 to U14. My kid plays for one of the clubs listed above (not PDA). At least 3-6 kids dropped per year. I think things become a bit more stable at u15–not as much movement each year after that.
            Hahaha if not PDA than WCFC otherwise there is no way you’d be on this forum....

Comment

There is always going to be some natural turnover between U11 and U14 due to the expanded 11v11 rosters, kids focusing on other sports, burn out, injuries/concussions, physical growth of kids, kids moving out of the area, coaching changes, team success attracting outside players, etc. My daughter's team kept a core of 7-8 girls from U8-U14 and would continually gain 2-3 girls each year from outside clubs while losing some girls to concussions and other sport focus. Agree that it stabilizes at U15 when the kids hit HS

I think the OP's point was that, when it comes to these top clubs, a team that is good at U11 will usually remain good into U14 and beyond barring a significant change in coaches, losing DA, etc. and I would agree with that premise. Teams that have early success are able to keep current players and their parents happy while attracting talent from outside the club.

Comment

There is always going to be some natural turnover between U11 and U14 due to the expanded 11v11 rosters, kids focusing on other sports, burn out, injuries/concussions, physical growth of kids, kids moving out of the area, coaching changes, team success attracting outside players, etc. My daughter's team kept a core of 7-8 girls from U8-U14 and would continually gain 2-3 girls each year from outside clubs while losing some girls to concussions and other sport focus. Agree that it stabilizes at U15 when the kids hit HS

I think the OP's point was that, when it comes to these top clubs, a team that is good at U11 will usually remain good into U14 and beyond barring a significant change in coaches, losing DA, etc. and I would agree with that premise. Teams that have early success are able to keep current players and their parents happy while attracting talent from outside the club.
                So, I think there is a disconnect here. This thread is about a specific age group at matchfit. In the ECNL, matchfit is not a top club. They don’t attract the same level of talent as kids get older as the top 50 ECNL (or even former GDA) clubs will. So a 2009 team at MF might stay mostly intact through u14. At the top clubs in the country, that’s far less likely.

Comment

wow. didnt anyone tell them what an ******* DB is and a compulsive liar. now whos gonna tell the 09 team A-Team in Morris that they are getting moved to the B-Team. MatchFit is a joke
                  We are THE SHORE!!!

Comment

Matchfit. Where development comes to die.
                    We Are THE SHORE!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X