Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well if it’s true that most players are leaving then there really isn’t an incentive for CFC to give any refunds.
    The incentive would be not to be to not violate law. Refunds are due to all that paid for a spring season and did not get it regardless if they stay with the club or not.

Comment

See it’s statements like yours about incentive that are the problem. Parents signed a contract with CFC to provide a spring season- CFC didn’t provide the contracted services as so they must return the $$. They don’t get to call the shots and if they keep this up they’ll have a string of small claims actions filed against them and have completely destroyed their reputation

Comment

See it’s statements like yours about incentive that are the problem. Parents signed a contract with CFC to provide a spring season- CFC didn’t provide the contracted services as so they must return the $$. They don’t get to call the shots and if they keep this up they’ll have a string of small claims actions filed against them and have completely destroyed their reputation
        Or maybe it’s attitudes like yours that are the problem. “I’m not happy so I should go to the front of the line!”

Everyone’s got problems. Let’s see when/if soccer can resume and how CFC or any other clubs handle it. If you don’t like it, then take your weak ass $150 case to court.

Comment

Let me guess - you work for Centercourt. Centercourt is not above the law. You sign a contract you have to fulfill the contract. It’s not weak- it’s good business and the law.

Comment

Even if the coaches had the new club in the works it does not excuse CEntercourt not giving Full refunds for the season. Centercourt is pushing all expenses to the parents (even coaches uniforms and tournament fees for tournaments that never happened for which they’ll get a credit). They are doing everything possible to break even/ make a profit for the year and leave the players and parents high and dry. They are claiming they are under no obligation to refund any of the money and are doing a service by offering a credit. Honestly the worst run business. They completely deserve the coaches starting their own club. Anyone considering signing up to play at CFC in the fall should know exactly what they are getting.
            There is likely more going on here...if it was a simple split to form a new club then why is there no information at all on ownership or coaches at The Football Academy of NJ ??

Leads me to think that maybe there is a dispute over funds and/or breach of contract and/or non compete clause....with a law suit pending.

Still no excuse to keep all the money parents paid but so far most clubs have not given any refunds...

Comment

BUT other clubs provided virtual meetings and trainings and communication and CFC provided not a single email, not even an update other than to say they were cancelling.

Comment

As a parent of a CFC player I'd urge all to not focus on what happened with the coaches starting their own club and instead focus on how Centercourt's customer service both before and after the lockdown was terrible. They have broken promises and failed to communicate well with players and families for quite some time. Some of the comments above about what coaches are now doing are coming across as a distraction as to the CFC issues. If you choose to stay at CFC or sign up with them for the fall as a new player you'll be getting the same awful/likely worse level of organization then was there in prior seasons. The new club the coaches are starting is irrelevant to whether to sign with CFC for next season other than to recognize CFC will now be a brand new staff and if they get players most will be brand new- it'll be a complete rebuild. I personally would rather go with something more established and there are plenty of options in this area.

Comment

As a parent of a CFC player I'd urge all to not focus on what happened with the coaches starting their own club and instead focus on how Centercourt's customer service both before and after the lockdown was terrible. They have broken promises and failed to communicate well with players and families for quite some time. Some of the comments above about what coaches are now doing are coming across as a distraction as to the CFC issues. If you choose to stay at CFC or sign up with them for the fall as a new player you'll be getting the same awful/likely worse level of organization then was there in prior seasons. The new club the coaches are starting is irrelevant to whether to sign with CFC for next season other than to recognize CFC will now be a brand new staff and if they get players most will be brand new- it'll be a complete rebuild. I personally would rather go with something more established and there are plenty of options in this area.
                  Do you know any more about the club the former coaches are supposedly going to?

Comment

It looks like it will be good. Will definitely check it out.

Comment

It looks like it will be good. Will definitely check it out.
                      Please share any details you are privy to as there is nothing substantial on the website.

Comment

The new club is being started by The former President of CFC. New club is sole soccer provider out of new bubble in Florham Park. Assuming they can open they’ll have some camps this summer. Fresh start

Comment

Or maybe it’s attitudes like yours that are the problem. “I’m not happy so I should go to the front of the line!”

Everyone’s got problems. Let’s see when/if soccer can resume and how CFC or any other clubs handle it. If you don’t like it, then take your weak ass $150 case to court.
                          Seems like the guy Matt Rizzuto has joined the conversation. Try and be a little more subtle...not really defending the case people are making about him and CC.

Comment

There is next to no information on that website
                            I checked it out. Seems like there is a good amount of information on there, they have a lot of programs and camps already posted. If you mean in regards to who is a coaching, yeah I couldn’t find anything either on that on the site. It does say on one of the slides that a full site is coming soon, so maybe this is a temporary site?

Comment

The new club is being started by The former President of CFC. New club is sole soccer provider out of new bubble in Florham Park. Assuming they can open they’ll have some camps this summer. Fresh start
                              It was the coaching staff that was fired, and it is my understanding that many of them are the core of the new club, following the director of the soccer program, who has left. From what I have heard, there was already discontent and a move was anticipated (though not so soon) because some coaches felt that CC, which has many sports, was really not interested in supporting high-level soccer teams especially at older age groups playing, for instance, in the USYS National League, but was more interested in programs like youth camps that generate big numbers without consistently requiring so much practice space.

Know someone on one of the teams and they are now regularly in communication with former coach, who is holding online sessions, giving them practice material and even doing one-on-ones online, like coaches at clubs that are still together. In several age groups, there were multiple teams, ranging from those playing in the national league to those playing basically at the town league level. Suspect that the kids who move with the coaches will be those at the highest levels. Of course, with no tryouts, no solid idea when everyone gets back to it, and many established clubs making offers to everyone who is currently on the roster, the situation is unique, to say the least.

Comment

Statement applies to both CFC and STA
                                This has NOTHING to do with STA - poor attempt to deflect. No comparison. STA has 3-4 teams for most age groups. Compared to CFC that had 1-2 and often had low roster numbers with lots of ins and outs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X