Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The CSA Momouth 09 team is a joke. Big deal got soccer has them ranked number 1 for NJ. This is probably the same team that still gets participation trophies from their coach. Anyone who knows anything about how the rankings work, you could play a million ****ty township teams and kill them, and bring up your rankings.
    The team is only as good as the next new kid the coach decides to bring on. No loyalty to his players what's so ever, unless you kiss his ass, and then your kid is the star player. The coach turns over his roster more than I change my underwear. And calling this guy a coach is an understatement. Hes a recruiter, that's it. He plays teams then steals their best players with hopes of being state champs or going to Disney to play (and beat up on) township level teams. The best thing that could happen to CSA is if this while team left. I hear Burger King will be sponsoring a new club. Maybe the whole team can leave and play with them. At least that way they can get those adjustable crowns to wear to go with their inflated egos.
    Didn't a local town team, the Torpedoes, crush them this year like 4-1?

Comment

That’s actually not how the rankings work. It’s a nice accomplishment.

Comment

The CSA Momouth 09 team is a joke. Big deal got soccer has them ranked number 1 for NJ. This is probably the same team that still gets participation trophies from their coach. Anyone who knows anything about how the rankings work, you could play a million ****ty township teams and kill them, and bring up your rankings.
        The team is only as good as the next new kid the coach decides to bring on. No loyalty to his players what's so ever, unless you kiss his ass, and then your kid is the star player. The coach turns over his roster more than I change my underwear. And calling this guy a coach is an understatement. Hes a recruiter, that's it. He plays teams then steals their best players with hopes of being state champs or going to Disney to play (and beat up on) township level teams. The best thing that could happen to CSA is if this while team left. I hear Burger King will be sponsoring a new club. Maybe the whole team can leave and play with them. At least that way they can get those adjustable crowns to wear to go with their inflated egos.
        Anyone who's kid has played this team can guess the type of coach they have. Between half of their parents screaming their heads off about everything, their best players in the entire game even though the score is 8-0, and the coach trying to talk to the better kids parents afterwards. Our game against them was a disgusting mess. I honestly feel bad for the kids, but the parents and coach should be ashamed. I was happy to see they moved out of our EDP division in the spring. I hope parents on here see these types of posts and really question moving to this team if the coach magically appears and talks up your kid and how good his team is.

Comment

That’s actually not how the rankings work. It’s a nice accomplishment.
          That's not an accomplishment. There are a million posts and articles about how the gotsoccer points system is flawed. Here's an example https://www.soccerwire.com/resources...ccer-progress/ , but you can just look at some of the teams supposedly in the top 10 of each age group. Maybe some are good but there are plenty you know for sure shouldn't be there. You can't use these points for anything except maybe to brag on talking soccer.

Comment

Still a nice accomplishment. Not many do it. Team has to be pretty good. Obviously not necessarily number 1 in nj, but still good. It’s a good thing. Enjoy it.

Comment

Didn't a local town team, the Torpedoes, crush them this year like 4-1?
              You are an idiot my friend. That was Torpedoes 08. I feel sorry you can’t even read something in plain English on a website. No, I am not a CSA Monmouth 09 parent.

Comment

Best in the Garden State....There is PDA then there everyone else. Not many clubs can compete across the board with them. CSA on the other hand across the board lose to twp EDP teams.
                FAKE NEWS show me where they lose to township teams, DOES NOT HAPPEN!

Comment

Still a nice accomplishment. Not many do it. Team has to be pretty good. Obviously not necessarily number 1 in nj, but still good. It’s a good thing. Enjoy it.
                  Yes #1 on gotsoccer at u11 because they clearly travel to many more gotsoccer-sponsored tournaments than more reasonable u11 teams in nj is quite the accomplishment. They might be good, I have no idea, but giving yourself a pat on the back for something like that seems silly. I guess that gives people a warm feeling knowing they spent thousands of dollars on hotels, meals, and possibly flights to grab that lofty position.

Comment

Not necessarily

Yes #1 on gotsoccer at u11 because they clearly travel to many more gotsoccer-sponsored tournaments than more reasonable u11 teams in nj is quite the accomplishment. They might be good, I have no idea, but giving yourself a pat on the back for something like that seems silly. I guess that gives people a warm feeling knowing they spent thousands of dollars on hotels, meals, and possibly flights to grab that lofty position.

Comment

Anyone who's kid has played this team can guess the type of coach they have. Between half of their parents screaming their heads off about everything, their best players in the entire game even though the score is 8-0, and the coach trying to talk to the better kids parents afterwards. Our game against them was a disgusting mess. I honestly feel bad for the kids, but the parents and coach should be ashamed. I was happy to see they moved out of our EDP division in the spring. I hope parents on here see these types of posts and really question moving to this team if the coach magically appears and talks up your kid and how good his team is.
                      Agreed. We saw this first hand as well. Yes, the team has some good players, but they aren't a good team, if that makes any sense. There is no connection with the kids, other than the few who play the entire game. Our daughters team isn't a great team, and were fine with that. She enjoys playing, as do the other kids on the team. Some of the girls do other things, basketball, softball, etc.. soccer is something they do for fun. We played this team and they killed us. Something like 10 nothing. Their coach was so hell bent of scoring against us, it was sad. These girls are 10-11 years old and he acted like it was the world cup. At one point the defenders were taking shots on goal. (I guess he told the girls before the game "everyone get a goal today".) The parents, oh my god, yelling and screaming and carrying on. You would think after 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, they would calm down. But, no, they continued to yell and scream the entire game. I feel bad for the girls because in 2 years they will be with different teams and then will no longer be the star player because this guy isn't developing. Hes just looking for the new kid on the horizon. (And yes, in two years you will see a practically brand new team. Sooner or later girls will be replaced. Look at this teams track record. Every other game there was a new kid.)

Comment

Anyone can buy a #1 ranking in GotSoccer, check out youthsoccerrankings.us much more accurate and you’ll see the top teams at CSA will be at the top esp 05 through 02 where they have strong teams. Pls do your research.

Comment

That’s not really true

Anyone can buy a #1 ranking in GotSoccer, check out youthsoccerrankings.us much more accurate and you’ll see the top teams at CSA will be at the top esp 05 through 02 where they have strong teams. Pls do your research.

Comment

Your team really shouldn’t be in that bracket. Probably your coach’s fault. I have no problem with what you described. Parents likely cheering on a child that doesn’t typically score. It’s a good thing. Enjoy it.

Agreed. We saw this first hand as well. Yes, the team has some good players, but they aren't a good team, if that makes any sense. There is no connection with the kids, other than the few who play the entire game. Our daughters team isn't a great team, and were fine with that. She enjoys playing, as do the other kids on the team. Some of the girls do other things, basketball, softball, etc.. soccer is something they do for fun. We played this team and they killed us. Something like 10 nothing. Their coach was so hell bent of scoring against us, it was sad. These girls are 10-11 years old and he acted like it was the world cup. At one point the defenders were taking shots on goal. (I guess he told the girls before the game "everyone get a goal today".) The parents, oh my god, yelling and screaming and carrying on. You would think after 5-0, 6-0, 7-0, they would calm down. But, no, they continued to yell and scream the entire game. I feel bad for the girls because in 2 years they will be with different teams and then will no longer be the star player because this guy isn't developing. Hes just looking for the new kid on the horizon. (And yes, in two years you will see a practically brand new team. Sooner or later girls will be replaced. Look at this teams track record. Every other game there was a new kid.)

Comment

Not necessarily
                              Not necessarily? Your kidding right? That trip to Florida had to cost a pretty penny. They did win the tournament, but the teams they played were glorified township teams. (Winning a game 14-0? That's something to really be proud of!) The team they played in the final only won one of their regularly scheduled games. But then again, your probably one of the parents on the team so to you this was a big deal. I guess I'm a jealous parent. Believe it or not, training and developing my daughters skills is more important than flying to florida and beating locals teams. My bad. My priorities are all crazy. Funny thing is, next year you will be on here bashing the team after your daughter was replaced by another kid. (Don't think it will happen? You wait and see. NO ONE ON THIS TEAM IS SAFE. NO ONE)

Comment

Lol. At least you admit it.

Not necessarily? Your kidding right? That trip to Florida had to cost a pretty penny. They did win the tournament, but the teams they played were glorified township teams. (Winning a game 14-0? That's something to really be proud of!) The team they played in the final only won one of their regularly scheduled games. But then again, your probably one of the parents on the team so to you this was a big deal. I guess I'm a jealous parent. Believe it or not, training and developing my daughters skills is more important than flying to florida and beating locals teams. My bad. My priorities are all crazy. Funny thing is, next year you will be on here bashing the team after your daughter was replaced by another kid. (Don't think it will happen? You wait and see. NO ONE ON THIS TEAM IS SAFE. NO ONE)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X