Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know two kids on the 03 team and one kid on the 04 team. All are physical, but I wouldn't call them big, just strong. One of those 03 players is also very fast. 03 team has the NT player, and she is both physical and skilled.
    Their upfront forwards are extremely fast and pretty skilled and they are tough kids.

Comment

the 09 team has a good coach why would they change now?
      With a couple of exceptions, WC changes coaches on their teams every few years. Gives the players experience with different coaching styles and development opportunities.

Comment

With a couple of exceptions, WC changes coaches on their teams every few years. Gives the players experience with different coaching styles and development opportunities.
        this coach has only had them one year

Comment

PDA? Stars?

First, PDA is the biggest, baddest team around but nobody would seriously call them skilled.

Stars? Somewhat, but as a Stars' parent once told me: We have big backs who launch it up to the fast forwards, and let them go get it. If we lose it, we press until we get it back. Not pretty, but seems to work."

Again, if that's considered skillfull to some, so be it. But, that comes directly from a Stars parent.
          Second hand info from one parent, that’s the standard to make an assumption about an entire Club?

Comment

I disagree. Always look at the coach that is best developing your daughter. If she’s good, she will adapt to any coaching. Especially with how much youth sports are costing.

Comment

When will WC have tryouts?

Comment

When will WC have tryouts?
                http://wcsocceracademy.org/player-tr...20-2021-season

Comment

I disagree. Always look at the coach that is best developing your daughter. If she’s good, she will adapt to any coaching. Especially with how much youth sports are costing.
                  Then WC is probably not your cup of tea.

Comment

this coach has only had them one year
                    They aren't changing coaches this year. They added a second coach to the team to work with them on skills. The person who mention YA was obviously kidding since she is making a killing on her online soccer platform. No way she is going to start coaching in addition to having a baby in September

Comment

I don't think that was ever true with WC lol. I would say their MO is small, speedy and skilled
                      Seriously what a dumb comment. Clubs have players of all types. Look at some of the top players WCFC has been a part of and its pretty obvious that it can come in all shapes, sizes and speeds IF you really have something.

Comment

Yes, this site has some very strange people on it. It’s like they spend every second refreshing their browser every 2 minutes to see if someone posted something new
                        Certain players seem to draw comment. In my opinion is usually someone close to them who seems to think others want to know all about them. I wish all of the players the best. College is a different animal.

Comment

Second hand info from one parent, that’s the standard to make an assumption about an entire Club?
                          Of course not. But, the comment came from the Stars parent is much closer than anyone else on here. A very good friend of mine made a statement about how his kid's team plays. It wasn't bragging, it wasn't insulting, just a shrug of "seems to work".

Of the players I do know who play for them, that's there style. Hey, it works, they will get recruited by colleges playing a similar style. No reason to get offended.

Comment

Of course not. But, the comment came from the Stars parent is much closer than anyone else on here. A very good friend of mine made a statement about how his kid's team plays. It wasn't bragging, it wasn't insulting, just a shrug of "seems to work".

Of the players I do know who play for them, that's there style. Hey, it works, they will get recruited by colleges playing a similar style. No reason to get offended.
                            Not necessarily true. One Stars parent commenting on their kid's specific team is indicative of that one Stars team, not the whole club. My D's team has played against multiple Stars teams, and based on the way ECNL schedules its games, we've had to opportunity to watch multiple Stars teams play. Didn't notice any particular lack of skills or tendency for defenders to launch the ball from those teams.

Comment

Not necessarily true. One Stars parent commenting on their kid's specific team is indicative of that one Stars team, not the whole club. My D's team has played against multiple Stars teams, and based on the way ECNL schedules its games, we've had to opportunity to watch multiple Stars teams play. Didn't notice any particular lack of skills or tendency for defenders to launch the ball from those teams.
                              I, too, have watched many Stars teams and my kid trained with them before declining their offer. It is what we saw, but since my opinion was from an outsider (as is yours) I offered up an insiders opinion.

Again, much of the make-up of that team came from clubs my daughter had played with so I know first hand how those players play.

And, as mentioned, it's not a slam against them. Many are vocal of how many ECNL teams play, because their end goal is college and a vast majority of colleges play that way. They want strong, fast, active players, so that's what is pitched. It makes perfect sense. I'd do the same thing if I didn't care about "how" the game is played, only in that winning is the result.

Comment

I, too, have watched many Stars teams and my kid trained with them before declining their offer. It is what we saw, but since my opinion was from an outsider (as is yours) I offered up an insiders opinion.

Again, much of the make-up of that team came from clubs my daughter had played with so I know first hand how those players play.

And, as mentioned, it's not a slam against them. Many are vocal of how many ECNL teams play, because their end goal is college and a vast majority of colleges play that way. They want strong, fast, active players, so that's what is pitched. It makes perfect sense. I'd do the same thing if I didn't care about "how" the game is played, only in that winning is the result.
                                Since you are here, what do you think of Brady going to the Bucs??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X