Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusted with club soccer

There are so many times I ask myself why we do this. That is all.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We do it because our kids have so much fun playing, of course!

Comment

You're at the Wrong Club. I love all of it.

Comment

Good, quit. The herd mentality of doing club like everyone else is not good for your kid, you or the game. Four times too many kids are playing club. It should just be for the top players. Doesn't make sense to pad the club coffers if you are not happy. Quit, quit, quit QUIT!

Comment

What does your kid think?

Comment

What you think is irrelevant. Is your kid having fun, improving and looking forward to the next game or training session? If yes, then you should have your answer as to why you're doing this.

Comment

What you think is irrelevant. Is your kid having fun, improving and looking forward to the next game or training session? If yes, then you should have your answer as to why you're doing this.
              That advice seemed so on target when the kids where 12 years old, now it just sounds naïve.

Comment

That advice seemed so on target when the kids where 12 years old, now it just sounds naïve.
                Really, my kid is 17 and enjoys it more and more everyday. If she didn't we wouldn't be here.

Comment

If you have to ask then you should not be doing it. Actually, let me rephrase, your child should not be doing it because you are clearly paying money with some expectation of glory. You should only be doing with the expectation that few, if any, are able to see that their money was spent well. Instead, you should be doing it because your child wants to do it....not because you want him/her to do so.

Comment

There are 24 hours to be filled each day. Kids need constructive things to do with their time or else they usually will find destructive things to do. Hopefully your kid is getting something positive out of the experience. If not then maybe time to find another team, sport or hobby.
                    Happy Easter.

Comment

My daughter is struggling with this right now. However, much of her dissatisfaction is coming from her current team (a few really nasty girls) and coach (yells for the sake of yelling which gets on her nerves), not necessarily soccer itself. We have been trying to help her separate the two and figure out what is bothering her. She's going to attend some practices at other clubs to see if a better fit would help. But if she wants to walk away all together that's fine. It's been fun, she's made great friends. But if she's miserable and complaining all the time? There are so many other fun things to be doing.

Comment

What prompted your post (and going to the trouble of creating a new thread to post it)? Why yesterday, as opposed to a week ago, or a month ago, or two months from now? What was the trigger?

Comment

It's usually related to playing time or being stuck in a position. Somehow I don't think the parent is helping their kid see the benefits. The sport has its phases & can never be perfected. Be patient & be quiet or find something else.

Comment

My daughter is struggling with this right now. However, much of her dissatisfaction is coming from her current team (a few really nasty girls) and coach (yells for the sake of yelling which gets on her nerves), not necessarily soccer itself. We have been trying to help her separate the two and figure out what is bothering her. She's going to attend some practices at other clubs to see if a better fit would help. But if she wants to walk away all together that's fine. It's been fun, she's made great friends. But if she's miserable and complaining all the time? There are so many other fun things to be doing.

please inform your daughter that she will not be able to escape the few nasty girls and moronic parents that exist in youth sports. If you are able, find a good coach in a stable club. It does not have to be the Stars, Scorpions, NEFC, or MPS.

Comment

It's usually related to playing time or being stuck in a position. Somehow I don't think the parent is helping their kid see the benefits. The sport has its phases & can never be perfected. Be patient & be quiet or find something else.
                              The gullibility of the audience sometimes is just stunning. The OP is a troll (just another thespian act in the long line of disguises and misdirection plays that dominate TS). Ever occur to anyone why a thread with that title would out of the blue pop up in the middle of the other current active threads?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X