Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No but the players that are on the Revs do. I Know nothing about the girls side of MPS. But on the boys side MPS has a strong record of developing players. And these are players that have been with the program for at least two years and in most cases much longer.
    Extra, Extra, read all about it...
    MPS can turn your player into a DAP prodigy in 2 years.
    So says the National Enquirer of Mass youth soccer.

Now, about those claims of 10,000hrs to be a pro...

Comment

MPS can turn your player into a DAP prodigy in 2 years.
      So says the National Enquirer of Mass youth soccer.

Now, about those claims of 10,000hrs to be a pro...
      Stars can recruit top players and win nothing!

Comment

No but the players that are on the Revs do. I Know nothing about the girls side of MPS. But on the boys side MPS has a strong record of developing players. And these are players that have been with the program for at least two years and in most cases much longer.
        total BS. MPS is the biggest club in MA (if not New England) so it's not surprising that they would have a couple players in a revs academy team. It's pure statistics. If they are truly a strong development club they would need to have twice that number or more to prove that they are outstanding at developing players. That said, there is no one club in New England that develops more DAP (or pro level) players on a percentage basis.

Comment

MPS is developmental, that's funny

Comment

I think you meant clubs. Here is my two cents in no particular order.

MPS
            Aztecs
            NEFC
            SS Selects
            Seacoast
            hahahahahahaha

Comment

Any team that plays in NEP its the most altruistic League. Every decision is made with a laser light focus on player development.

Comment

Stars can recruit top players and win nothing!
                I don't get it. If Stars doesn't win anything, and they don't develop anyone, and they're very expensive, why do so many of the best players go there and why do the colleges recruit there?

This is a mystery to me.

Are you suggesting that I take my elite player and move her to…. where? Tell me the place that's clearly better and that is guaranteed to outperform what she's getting out of Stars. I have time between now and June to get her to a few practices and perhaps get an offer to join this magical club that you're about to identify for me.

Please respond quickly. I'm holding my breath.

Comment

I don't get it. If Stars doesn't win anything, and they don't develop anyone, and they're very expensive, why do so many of the best players go there and why do the colleges recruit there?

This is a mystery to me.

Are you suggesting that I take my elite player and move her to…. where? Tell me the place that's clearly better and that is guaranteed to outperform what she's getting out of Stars. I have time between now and June to get her to a few practices and perhaps get an offer to join this magical club that you're about to identify for me.

I will jump in on this one. If you think you NEED to be there then you do. If you believe your kid can drive the bus you're all set. Way to disguise yourself as a parent well done!

Comment

This is a mystery to me.

Still holding my breath (I have a great pair of lungs). Please, someone tell me what to do!

I'm losing feeling in my extremities.

Comment

I will jump in on this one. If you think you NEED to be there then you do. If you believe your kid can drive the bus you're all set. Way to disguise yourself as a parent well done!
                      bus to where? You guys have all the answers, but you can't answer a simple question without putting a twist on it.

Consider me a newbie. Why are so many good players at Stars if the program is inferior to some other offering out there? Why should my really good player want to join your team?

Comment

bus to where? You guys have all the answers, but you can't answer a simple question without putting a twist on it.

Consider me a newbie. Why are so many good players at Stars if the program is inferior to some other offering out there? Why should my really good player want to join your team?
                        I coach at a different club, but here's my take. The Stars program is outstanding. They have dedicated, albeit conceited, coaches, but they are strong. There is a perception that they do not develop players, but steal them from other clubs. This is an unfair statement as even I have lost players to them, but it is viewed as a betterment for the athlete. The players that they train from ulittle, if they survive the process, are all well prepared. Where people garner the notion of theft is in this fact: they and some other big programs, have higher competitive programs for the elite player; most clubs do not. It is a simple pyramid in club ball as the best continue to look for the point-
                        Stars serves as that point in Mass.
                        But the thread was started on a development post, so let's stick to that.

Comment

Developmental

Op here. This got so sidetracked. I was looking of info where to bring a nine year old boy. Would like something competitive but where winning does not come before developing the child first and foremost. Obviously , I want good coaching . If anyone has any advice , please say so. I have been told that Valeo is good at this . Just looking for other options as well.

Comment

Op here. This got so sidetracked. I was looking of info where to bring a nine year old boy. Would like something competitive but where winning does not come before developing the child first and foremost. Obviously , I want good coaching . If anyone has any advice , please say so. I have been told that Valeo is good at this . Just looking for other options as well.
                            At 9, you can safely say that it depends on the specific COACH, not team or club. For that you would have to check out a few practices, games and get a sense of that. You are right to look beyond the "winning" at this age. I have seen (even at 9) that there are clubs / teams who are all about the W, to the detriment of all the players (ie top players getting all or majority of play time, etc). Run from those clubs at such a young age... There's plenty of tine for that when the kids grow up. :). Good luck!

Comment

Developmental

Thank you. That is the kind of advice I was looking for .

Comment

The thread didn't get "sidetracked." You posted a lazy question with too little information--and, nevertheless, most people tried to be helpful. You could spend 30 minutes searching this site and come up with answers that would be no less good than anonymous advice you solicited.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X