u17 Scorpions ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless to engage the jerk-off trolls here on T-S. Difficult as it is to resist, silence is the best response.

Comment

After years of seeing the Scorps parents beat their chests and look down on the rest of the teams they think don't measure up and bad mouthing the teams that they think do measure up it's refreshing to see that karma is indeed a b*tch.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Karma will bite you hard someday. These are kids you're dissing.
        you missed my point and they are NOT kids..... young women

Comment

F'n love this thread. Comeuppance is so satisfying. Should set the record for least amount of offers to an ECNL team

Comment

Anyone know of any/all offers the players have received? Have any committed?

Comment

After years of seeing the Scorps parents beat their chests and look down on the rest of the teams they think don't measure up and bad mouthing the teams that they think do measure up it's refreshing to see that karma is indeed a b*tch.
              Can you back up your claim with some examples of Scorps bad mouthing? Probably not! Also, this would be parents behaving badly if you can prove your claim not the kids. You are by far worse in my book when you can be happy kids are hurt and laughing about how their college plans are in jeopardy. I agree with the poster who asked where is your superstar playing and noticed there was no answer to it. Shame on you!

Comment

F'n love this thread. Comeuppance is so satisfying. Should set the record for least amount of offers to an ECNL team
                When one of their players didn't make the Rider Cup roster (rightly so, I might add), her response was "But I'm an ECNL player!"

Talk about believing your own hype, or maybe mommy's hype/press releases....

Comment

you missed my point and they are NOT kids..... young women
                  OK pedophile. Freak.

Comment

I never recall this age group ever being particularly strong. Given your rationale, will you someday be gloating when the current U14 NEFC girls are gone? Those parents are far worse than the the old Scorps, imo.

Comment

I do not understand the venom directed at this team. My kid's team played them many times back in the pre-ecnl days and never experienced anything that would have caused bad feeling toward them. They were decimated by the PM/BB to NEFC move and bounced back with Keith Caldwell to be respectable and remain so now. They are not the best by any stretch but certainly don't deserve this criticism.

Comment

Can you back up your claim with some examples of Scorps bad mouthing? Probably not! Also, this would be parents behaving badly if you can prove your claim not the kids. You are by far worse in my book when you can be happy kids are hurt and laughing about how their college plans are in jeopardy. I agree with the poster who asked where is your superstar playing and noticed there was no answer to it. Shame on you!
                        Different poster here. I would NEVER be happy if someone is hurt. I assume that while an injury would certainly impact a player's ability to be recruited, if "college plans" are contingent on soccer then I'd humbly suggest you take a good, long look at your priorities. None of these kids is playing after college -- and many of them won't play all 4 years in college.

If their only reason for attending a college is soccer, what happens if they get a serious injury, get cut, or decide after a year or two that they no longer want to play? Now they're stuck at a college that they might not have chosen if it weren't for soccer.

My advice to you is that your player should pick a school FIRST and then a soccer team SECOND.

We all get that you're trying to deflect attention from your team's inadequacies. But where someone's kid, or to use your word, "superstar" is playing has no bearing on this discussion whatsoever. You can deflect all you want, but try not to be such an *ss.

Comment

Different poster here. I would NEVER be happy if someone is hurt. I assume that while an injury would certainly impact a player's ability to be recruited, if "college plans" are contingent on soccer then I'd humbly suggest you take a good, long look at your priorities. None of these kids is playing after college -- and many of them won't play all 4 years in college.

If their only reason for attending a college is soccer, what happens if they get a serious injury, get cut, or decide after a year or two that they no longer want to play? Now they're stuck at a college that they might not have chosen if it weren't for soccer.

My advice to you is that your player should pick a school FIRST and then a soccer team SECOND.

We all get that you're trying to deflect attention from your team's inadequacies. But where someone's kid, or to use your word, "superstar" is playing has no bearing on this discussion whatsoever. You can deflect all you want, but try not to be such an *ss.
                          Amazing how folks seem to think it is just fine to get into other people's personal business. One would have to ask why the college choices - or the reasons behind them - of kids other than your own are even any of your concern? Even more remarkable is that people like you think it's OK to offer (humbly, of course) unsolicited advice to other families by way of an anonymous web forum. Pay attention to your own life, and leave everyone else to their own. I feel sorry for you that no one ever taught you how to MYOB.

Comment

I do not understand the venom directed at this team. My kid's team played them many times back in the pre-ecnl days and never experienced anything that would have caused bad feeling toward them. They were decimated by the PM/BB to NEFC move and bounced back with Keith Caldwell to be respectable and remain so now. They are not the best by any stretch but certainly don't deserve this criticism.
                            Agreed. The critic rears his ugly head from under a rock every few weeks, posts some barbs, resurrects some old threads, and then retreats. He's been doing it for years and clearly has some very serious issues.

Comment

Agreed. The critic rears his ugly head from under a rock every few weeks, posts some barbs, resurrects some old threads, and then retreats. He's been doing it for years and clearly has some very serious issues.
                              You seriously can't be insinuating any of these folks are blameless for the jeering they are getting. They are far from the innocent victims of the angry TS hoards. Half of their problem is folks like them love to point the finger at other people but never take any responsibility for what they have added to the quagmire themselves. Why shouldn't they expect a kick in the balls when they are down? Let's start with the years of shameless self promoting in the multitude of pro ECNL threads or in the more self serving ones like "Breakers/Scorpions to reshape Eastern MA". Then let's look at the constant drumbeat about the Mewis girls success with the never ending reminders of who they played for. And finally look at the infamous chant "Harvard, Yale, UCLA, Georgetown.." and similar such statements the Scorpions faithful literally used to remind everyone else on TS of their commitment lists. The Scorpions folks have certainly thrown their share of rocks and now it is simply all coming home to roost. It's pretty cowardly to expect mercy given the history.

Comment

ELITE CLUBS NATIONAL LEAGUE (ECNL)

The Elite Clubs National League is the highest level of girls youth soccer that exists in the United States. The top 60 girls clubs in the United States were chosen through a rigorous evaluation process based on coaching staff, history of team success at the national level, and history of development of elite/national level players. More info on the league is available here: www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com

Scorpions is one of two Massachusetts clubs in the league, with the other being Stars of Mass. The U13-U18 teams play a regional schedule against the other ECNL clubs from the Northeast region. At the U15 and older age groups, this regional schedule is supplemented by several ECNL Showcase events.

3 areas are crucial for 'ELITE' player development:

1) playing on a great team so each player is pushed to the max every training session
                                2) playing against the best competition in the country
                                3) quality coaching.

With the ECNL, our teams are playing against the best competition in the United States and at Scorpions, we have a proven track record of taking players to the next level!

Since we joined, the Elite Clubs National League has just been an incredible experience. In addition to playing against the top competition in the country, the opportunities for player identification are endless. Every ECNL showcase event features US National Team Staff on hand to evaluate players.

McKenzie Meehan from the U17 ECNL team was just called into the United States Under 18 Womens National Team based solely on her performance in the league (see article here: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...opped_aid24340.

The majority of college recruiting takes place at the ECNL showcases (300+ college coaches at the NJ showcase over Memorial Day weekend alone!!!!). Because of the extraordinary opportunities presented through the ECNL, of the 55 players rostered on our current U17-U19 teams, 46 are or will be playing Division 1 soccer, 3 will be playing in Division 2, and 6 in Division 3. A partial list of matriculations:

Boston College (3)
                                UCLA
                                Maryland (2)
                                Georgetown
                                Harvard (2)
                                Yale (2)
                                Princeton
                                Brown
                                Providence (5)
                                UConn
                                UMass
                                And about 25 others!
                                Here is a copy of the Scorpions sales pitch inviting players to their tryouts. It is like many other such emails clubs send out at this time of year. In it the Scorpions make several statements that I believe should be challenged as quite misleading. Specifically:

1-The 3 areas they say are crucial for 'ELITE' player development - The assumption seems to be that simply playing on one of their teams qualifies the player as "ELITE" and nowhere do they seem to suggest that actual talent is needed or that hard work is required.

2- The idea that the ECNL represents the highest level of competition in the country and that simply partaking in that competition will elevate a player to "the next level". The assumption clearly is that the ECNL is the only place where competitive games get played.

3- The idea that the ECNL represents some unique opportunity to be included in the US National team. The notion being sold is that the ECNL will give a player a better shot at making it to the US National team than all of the other venues out there.

4- The idea the the majority of college recruiting takes place at ECNL events. The inference is that showcases are the only place where college coaches recruit and that the ECNL showcases are the only showcases that they actually attend.

5- The idea that the club deserves more credit for a player earning a soccer scholarship than the player themselves. The claim that obviously is being made is the Scorpions created the player's success and can replicate that success for another player.

When you read this sort of email it is quite easy to understand why there is so much division between the ECNL and Non clubs. At the very least these statements have to be looked upon as controversial. Many would argue that they really stretch the boundaries of truth. What say you?
                                Seriously, how short a memory to do the Scorpions supporters think others have. Some of you might want to revisit some of the old threads before you start complaining about how you are viewed in the present day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X