Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any value in winning games 9-0?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The philosophy at Valeo, is that as coaches, we never discourage our players from being creative and pushing back as plays develop non matter what the score is. That's why we are so successful. The sport is about putting the ball in the back of the net and we will continu to think that way, even of the score is 15-0. We think like champions and we train the young players to think the same..champions. Tryouts in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The philosophy at Valeo, is that as coaches, we never discourage our players from being creative and pushing back as plays develop non matter what the score is. That's why we are so successful. The sport is about putting the ball in the back of the net and we will continu to think that way, even of the score is 15-0. We think like champions and we train the young players to think the same..champions. Tryouts in June.
      I agree, no mercy.

Comment

you probably should have mentioned that this was U-8 so you don't look appear to have posted one of the stupidest comments in the history of TS
        I don't agree with you. It was an interesting post and probably very true.

Comment

If your team ends up in the wrong division and your coach knows they will be playing teams like Valeo, he or she should pull the team down immediately. If they choose to play, then they are at risk for not feeling warm and fuzzy at the end of the game.

However, there is pressure on the coach to control a game that is 8-0 at half time. I sympathize with the poster above's coach because he/she probably felt tremendous pressure to keep the score down and would in all likihood been torn to pieces on TS :)

Comment

"I am only developing one team here! I do not see a need for me to ask the losing team how they felt. I would rather have my kids' teams play more competitive games but how and why is it they must feel badly about playing a team which is less prepared than they are? All this crap about shooting off to the side and doing all sorts of stuff that a coach is asking his players NOT to do normally is BS. If you train your team to play a certain way and it is working why change it because it is working? "

Your sensitivity is amazing. I hope you are never on the losing end of a pummeling.
            What life lesson are you teaching your players.
            I always hope that my kids are being taught to be all that they can be! "When you get knocked down you get up again" What a great lesson!

Comment

I always hope that my kids are being taught to be all that they can be! "When you get knocked down you get up again" What a great lesson!
              It is actually. No everyone is a winner all the time.

Comment

Here at FC Blazers, we also think that "running up scores" is a fabrication ,typically an excuse from a defeated opponent who have been beaten soundly.FC Blazers train our young players to respect the game and your opponents by not holding back at any juncture regardless of the score. If our young team has put up 10, we strive to put in the 11th,and hopefully that mindset will carry on with our players throughout their lives. Never hold back, never become soft, never lose.
                Francis
                tryouts in June

Comment

Thank you Francis. I can tell you that at our club, NEFC, we think the same. Our Elite boys teams are programmed to reach that double digit scoring mark as quickly as you possibly can. This is what we engrain in our players from a very young age. The Elite teams are very successful and they don't take losing very well. Our players will rarely make eye contact with the opposing teams and view the officials as enemies as well. When we are in the soccer trenches, we are ruthless and we take no prisoners.
                  Thank you,
                  Christian

Comment

Here at GPS, things are different. We as a club, view cheating as an integral aspect of our philosophy. We assemble our system's best players, create super teams and dual and double roster those players in our quest of winning Got Soccer ranked tournaments and then selling our very best U13-U14 players to the Revolution Academy. We feel this sort of player exploitation works best as we strive forward and get more in line with Europe's and South America's young player exploitation model of soccer development of young talent.
                    cheers,
                    Peter and Joe

Comment

If your team ends up in the wrong division and your coach knows they will be playing teams like Valeo, he or she should pull the team down immediately. If they choose to play, then they are at risk for not feeling warm and fuzzy at the end of the game.

However, there is pressure on the coach to control a game that is 8-0 at half time. I sympathize with the poster above's coach because he/she probably felt tremendous pressure to keep the score down and would in all likihood been torn to pieces on TS :)
                      Valeo is the best club in the United States man. Opponents yell "no mas" by halftime and we understand because we speak Spanish. Go Valeo, gane over, next.

Comment

Valeo is the best club in the United States man. Opponents yell "no mas" by halftime and we understand because we speak Spanish. Go Valeo, gane over, next.
                        Finally someone that gets it. Viva la revolucion!

Comment

Finally someone that gets it. Viva la revolucion!
                          Viva Guatemala, Viva El Salvador, Viva Nicaragua, Viva Brazil, Viva Valeo!!!

Comment

Toilet finally cracked

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X