U14 Girls Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not disagree but only Bayside can pass them so I will still stay with my original top 20. Again I will ask who should be on top of GPS NPL, Breakers NPL and now NEFC Central United. I am open to logical discussions not just becasue I said so or you don't like the club, team or coach.

Comment

I will not disagree with that either but again who should be ahead of these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I will not disagree with that either but again who should be ahead of these teams.
        Fuller/Rush/CSU. Much better results against more quality opponents.

Comment

I just took a quick look at the results from tournaments from this weekend and how teams have done in the ECNL, NPL, NEP and MAPLE leagues. I did weigh this weekend more than anything because teams are trying to do well before try-outs. It is not exact becasue some teams do not play against each other but this is my list of the top 20 teams at this age group as of today. I know people are going to disagree but give supporting reason not just bashing club, team, coaches or players. If you know were Seacoast or WUP played add it to the list. Good luck and tryouts and hopefully your daughters make the team THEY want.

1) Stars ECNL - Did great at PDA
          2) NEFC NPL - Won Needham 1st division
          3) Stars NPL - Only played 1 game at PDA - would have won other game
          4) Breakers ECNL - Won 1 and lost 1 - would have won other game
          5) NEFC Premier - Lost in PK's in Semifinals to Aztecs
          6) Aztec NPL - Lost 1-0 in finals to NEFC without top two players
          7) Bayside - Lost 2-1 in bracket to NEFC without top two players
          8) NSU - 2nd in bracket at Needham - 1st in MAPLE
          9) GPS NPL - 3rd in bracket
          10) Seacoast NPL - Not sure where they played
          11) Breakers NPL - Won Needham 2nd division
          12) Fuller Hamlets - Second in their bracket
          13) Rush - Won NESC beat other Rush in finals 1-0
          14) CSU - Semifinas NESC lost to Rush 1-0
          15) NEFC Central United - Lost in finals to Breakers NPL but first in NEP
          16) FC Bolts - 3rd in bracket at Needham
          17) NEFC South Coast - downward spiral - 3rd in Needham division
          18) NHPSA - 3rd in Needham second division bracket
          19) Western United - Not sure where they played
          20) Stars Central United - lost to NEFC Central United on tie breaker in Needham 2nd division
          Are NEFC SC in the top twenty anymore, really? They haven't had a quality win in over a year. I think 20 and 17 should be flip flopped given more recent results. Also, Seacoast NPL. Why are they so high, who have they beaten? Nobody. And Bayside. They aren't even ahead of NEFC Central in NEP?

Comment

I think you are pretty spot on with this ranking. People just don't want to admit that the Breakers NPL is getting better. Fuller is probably the only team that could be ahead of them IMO but they have not played each other.

Comment

I would not put CSU ahead due to Breakers NPL beating them 1-0 and I would put Rush even due to 0-0 draw. But we are splitting hairs now and I do no have that much information about these teams. I will agree and not sure why I put Seasoast so high in the rankings. Where should Seacoast be in the rankings.

Comment

I think you are pretty spot on with this ranking. People just don't want to admit that the Breakers NPL is getting better. Fuller is probably the only team that could be ahead of them IMO but they have not played each other.
                Csu would crush breakers NPL

Comment

Made some of the changes. Dropped Seacoast and moved fuller ahead of the Breakers NPL. Also changed Stars Central United with NEFC South Coast.

1) Stars ECNL - Did great at PDA
                  2) NEFC NPL - Won Needham 1st division
                  3) Stars NPL - Only played 1 game at PDA - would have won other game
                  4) Breakers ECNL - Won 1 and lost 1 - would have won other game
                  5) NEFC Premier - Lost in PK's in Semifinals to Aztecs
                  6) Aztec NPL - Lost 1-0 in finals to NEFC without top two players
                  7) Bayside - Lost 2-1 in bracket to NEFC without top two players
                  8) NSU - 2nd in bracket at Needham - 1st in MAPLE
                  9) GPS NPL - 3rd in bracket
                  10) Fuller Hamlets - Second in their bracket
                  11) Breakers NPL - Won Needham 2nd division
                  12) Rush - Won NESC beat other Rush in finals 1-0
                  13) CSU - Semifinas NESC lost to Rush 1-0
                  14) Seacoast NPL - Not sure where they played
                  15) NEFC Central United - Lost in finals to Breakers NPL but first in NEP
                  16) FC Bolts - 3rd in bracket at Needham
                  17) Stars Central United - lost to NEFC Central United on tie breaker in Needham 2nd division
                  18) NHPSA - 3rd in Needham second division bracket
                  19) Western United - Not sure where they played
                  20) NEFC South Coast - downward spiral - 3rd in Needham division

Comment

One quality win (NEFC Central) does not rate them 9 slots higher overnight. Sorry. Show some more consistency and then we can talk. Who's kidding who. 6 thru 20 could all get a win on any given Sunday head to head, but it's the consistency that matters. The top 5 really are the only teams I would have any confidence in winning week to week and the rest are interchangeable. So teams like CSU and Fuller and NSU have been way more consistent in league play and tournament play and should be ahead of Breakers NPL.

Comment

Breakers have already beaten CSU Akers 1-0 this year in a pretty even fun to watch game. They lost to CSU Solo 1-0 but controlled the play and just could not finish anything Should have been 6-1. Yes I am a Breakers NPL parent.

Comment

I will agree with NSU has a consistant quality of play but that is about it after the top 8 has a consistant level of play and the top 2 are just to deep. I just looked at the Breakers NPL Schedule and tournaments and they were in every game accept PDA. They even only lost 2-0 to Stars NPL in the spring NPL Season. They also did better against every team they played from the spring to fall except PDA. They have not lost any tournament games in the spring by more than 1 goal. That seems pretty consistant to me. I also think it does deserve moving them up how ever many spots above other teams. They also lost to us 3-2 in a friendly and played very competitive.

Comment

Breakers have already beaten CSU Akers 1-0 this year in a pretty even fun to watch game. They lost to CSU Solo 1-0 but controlled the play and just could not finish anything Should have been 6-1. Yes I am a Breakers NPL parent.
                          Could have, should have, would have. Maybe you should have won but the fact is you didn't. Are you better than CSU, Fuller Hamlets or Rush, your record doesn't indicate that. If rankings were based on WHO should have won, it would be a lot different. I realize the Scorpions parents need to justify the expense of traveling all over for a mediocre team, but perhaps come back when you've beaten a quality team. NEFC Elite, Aztecs, NEFC Premier, Stars A,B or C, Bayside. Not going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Anybody else want to argue with this top 20 moving into try-outs. Please post your own becasue people might start to think I support the Breakers but my daughter plays for ????? If you said Aztecs you are correct. Good luck at try-outs and hope your daughters make the club and high school team they want. It has been a fun year.

Comment

This just highlights their inconsistency. And I am not just picking on them for being inconsistent. 1-0 games are a wash in my opinion. And the fact that they beat CSU's top team one week but lost to their second team on another week shows inconsistency. Anyone from 6-20 could win a 1-0 game once in a while. That's what makes it the beautiful game. It's the teams ranked 1-5 that ALWAYS win those 1-0 games (as well as the 5-0 games). Everyone else, flip a coin. The conversation is actually a little silly to be ranking any of the team's from 6-20. They are all the same. Look at state cup results. Same can be seen in those results as well. The team's with incredible impact players (strikers, center d) and incredible keepers are the ones that are in the top 5.

Comment

Anybody else want to argue with this top 20 moving into try-outs. Please post your own becasue people might start to think I support the Breakers but my daughter plays for ????? If you said Aztecs you are correct. Good luck at try-outs and hope your daughters make the club and high school team they want. It has been a fun year.
                                Interesting, I'm surprised you didn't put your daughters team above NEFC Premier. They have beaten them twice this season after all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X