Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then look at MPS and see the future. That is where the game plan for all of this originated. Pick your poison. Either a maniacal loner or money grubbing entrepreneur, you make the call.
    Better options than listening to you, imho

Comment

Better options than listening to you, imho
      Said the autistic loner

Comment

Said the autistic loner
        Momma letting you play with the computer today? Or perhaps you are at the library while the basement is getting it's spring cleaning.

Comment

This is a smart move for the Breakers. Moving into a club based model, all over the state with ascension to the professional team will give their players more income opportunity, take advantage of the brand and diversify their revenue. The professional women's leagues have had a hard time being sustained so it all seems logical to me. Looks like the Revs model.

I think the younger kids especially will want to sign up.

Comment

This is a smart move for the Breakers. Moving into a club based model, all over the state with ascension to the professional team will give their players more income opportunity, take advantage of the brand and diversify their revenue. The professional women's leagues have had a hard time being sustained so it all seems logical to me. Looks like the Revs model.

I agree. Girls would like the exposure to women coaches if Breakers players are coaching.

Comment

Not really like the Revs model at all. Revs players don't coach. Just because the Breakers players have played, doesn't mean they can coach ( doesn't mean they can't either). Is there some facility up Noth that is sitting there open just waiting for the Breakers to utilize as their Noth Shore base? Is this a Breakers move or a Scorpions move? Given that SS and DC are really first year doc's, are they really capable of overseeing a satellite? I suspect they've got their hands full already. Revs, Stars, NEFC, MPS and Bolts have strong structure and personnel in place. The Scorpions, not so much. Sometimes bigger is not always better. They should work on fixing what they already have.

Comment

Not really like the Revs model at all. Revs players don't coach. Just because the Breakers players have played, doesn't mean they can coach ( doesn't mean they can't either). Is there some facility up Noth that is sitting there open just waiting for the Breakers to utilize as their Noth Shore base? Is this a Breakers move or a Scorpions move? Given that SS and DC are really first year doc's, are they really capable of overseeing a satellite? I suspect they've got their hands full already. Revs, Stars, NEFC, MPS and Bolts have strong structure and personnel in place. The Scorpions, not so much. Sometimes bigger is not always better. They should work on fixing what they already have.
                My guess is that most young girls would rather play for a female professional player and coach that has a lot of knowledge to impart and most likely has played for good coaches along the way. I doubt that works for the boys but it will be big hit on the girls side.

Comment

My guess is that most young girls would rather play for a female professional player and coach that has a lot of knowledge to impart and most likely has played for good coaches along the way. I doubt that works for the boys but it will be big hit on the girls side.
                  Yet most wonder why we are just spinning our wheels in Mass. The majority of players will resent that they have to coach a team. Some may embrace it, but most of the players will not want to. MPS had the same issue with W-league and PDL players when they tried to do the same thing. First question from a parent implying, that they have no idea about the game or how good their child is, should be a hoot.

Comment

I have two daughters that play in college. Asked them both recently who they would rather play for a man or a woman and both unanimously said they would prefer to play for a male coach.

Comment

The last line says it all.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1211327]I have two daughters that play in college. Asked them both recently who they would rather play for a man or a woman and both unanimously said they would prefer to play for a male coach.[/QUOT

Not sure about the male coach part but I understand at the older ages they need a serious coach but for U12 and under I think the kids would love to play or have exposure to Breakers players. Most of the player participate/ run camps in the summer in addition to playing when they can etc... so to suggest they don't know what they are doing might be a stretch.

Comment

There is no room north for anything else and the Breakers no that. They tried talking with Aztecs but that got shutdown fast. Women's soccer at the pro level is unstable and not all that attractive. Selling players as coaches is a bad idea but it would help pay them. Personally I'm not interested in a player coaching my kid. I'm also not interested in name. I chose an experienced coach with a great reputation and I've been very happy. These satellites are more annoying than anything.

Comment

There is no room north for anything else and the Breakers no that. They tried talking with Aztecs but that got shutdown fast. Women's soccer at the pro level is unstable and not all that attractive. Selling players as coaches is a bad idea but it would help pay them. Personally I'm not interested in a player coaching my kid. I'm also not interested in name. I chose an experienced coach with a great reputation and I've been very happy. These satellites are more annoying than anything.
                            I think they are going to hire some experienced coaches from the established clubs in the area. Those coaches will just bring some teams with them and build it that way with the player coaches coming in along the way. Just my guess.

They will probably just hire some Aztec coaches or somebody else from NSU and build it that way.

Comment

Looks like you did a lot of groundwork - which coach did you choose?

Comment

I think they are going to hire some experienced coaches from the established clubs in the area. Those coaches will just bring some teams with them and build it that way with the player coaches coming in along the way. Just my guess.

They will probably just hire some Aztec coaches or somebody else from NSU and build it that way.
                                Like I said not attractive at all for any of those clubs. Nobody wants to be part of a satellite.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X