• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did your kid or kids play club soccer?
    Yes to both and a coach as well.

Comment

2014 D1 Boys Playing

So as we approach the season's end, let's see who from this class played a lot, defined as >50% starts. We started with 39 kids from MA.

Player/Team/Games/GP/GS/G/A

Frantsdy Pierot/Northeastern/18/18/18/5/3
      Matt Mooney/UMass/17/17/16/2/0
      John Conry/Bryant/15/14/11/0/0
      Ackin Mpofu/Northeastern/18/17/12/3/0
      Harrison Swartz/Northeastern/18/17/12/0/1
      Henry Balf/BC/16/16/?/0/0
      Idrissa Bangura/BC/16/16/?/0/0
      Noah Teperow/UML/17/11/9/0/0
      Dan Casey/CCSU/16/13/10/0/0

So even though we started with 39 D1 players, only 9 played a lot, similar to earlier classes. Also note that all of the above kids played for local schools. The kids who went outside the region didn't fare as well. Next I'll do subs a lot.

Comment

2014 Boys Subbing

The next category played in >50% of the games:

Tyler Symkowicz/UMass/17/16/3/0/0
        Alex Desantis/UMass/17/14/0/1/0
        Will Rasid/UNH/16/13/7/0/1
        Luke Albertini/CCSU/16/12/6/1/0
        Brandon Vasquez/UMass 17/12/8/0/1
        Christian Sady/Harvard/15/11/7/1/5

So that makes 15 total, so <40% of the D1 commits played much their freshman year, and again all for local teams. Take note. I'll cover the third category later, but will not use names.

Comment

So as we approach the season's end, let's see who from this class played a lot, defined as >50% starts. We started with 39 kids from MA.

Frantsdy Pierot/Northeastern/18/18/18/5/3
          Matt Mooney/UMass/17/17/16/2/0
          John Conry/Bryant/15/14/11/0/0
          Ackin Mpofu/Northeastern/18/17/12/3/0
          Harrison Swartz/Northeastern/18/17/12/0/1
          Henry Balf/BC/16/16/?/0/0
          Idrissa Bangura/BC/16/16/?/0/0
          Noah Teperow/UML/17/11/9/0/0
          Dan Casey/CCSU/16/13/10/0/0

So even though we started with 39 D1 players, only 9 played a lot, similar to earlier classes. Also note that all of the above kids played for local schools. The kids who went outside the region didn't fare as well. Next I'll do subs a lot.
          Interesting that MA players outside the area and not playing as much. Is that the norm as well? if it's ongoing it makes you wonder about MA soccer in some ways.

Comment

Interesting that MA players outside the area and not playing as much. Is that the norm as well? if it's ongoing it makes you wonder about MA soccer in some ways.
            The programs outside the region for this class include Georgetown, Duke, Stanford, Seton Hall, and High Point. Pretty hard to get on the field for most of those teams. All of those 5 kids did see the field.

Comment

2014 D1 Boys Other

Of the remaining 24:

8 Saw the field
              14 DNP

Comment

Of the remaining 24:

8 Saw the field
                14 DNP
                I wonder how many of those 14 will be around next year.

Comment

I wonder how many of those 14 will be around next year.
                  Those 14 bring to mind the question, "Does my kid want to be a D3 player or a D1 depth player?"

Comment

Not sure where the heated attacks come from, but I find the info very helpful in trying to be informed so as to help my kids make informed decisions. From a soccer perspective, I'd prefer to have my kids go somewhere where they'll get on the field at some point after freshman year, but I'll support them 100% if they want to be a "depth" player. Just so they're going in with their eyes open. There's a whole range of programs, whether D1, D2 or D3, and the players need to decide what they want as far as playing time and level of play and figure out where they fit. Too many kids overestimate their chances at D1 in my opinion, so the data is helpful.

Comment

Not sure where the heated attacks come from, but I find the info very helpful in trying to be informed so as to help my kids make informed decisions. From a soccer perspective, I'd prefer to have my kids go somewhere where they'll get on the field at some point after freshman year, but I'll support them 100% if they want to be a "depth" player. Just so they're going in with their eyes open. There's a whole range of programs, whether D1, D2 or D3, and the players need to decide what they want as far as playing time and level of play and figure out where they fit. Too many kids overestimate their chances at D1 in my opinion, so the data is helpful.
                      I agree it is very helpful. D1 may be the shinning star but it isn't for everyone. Talk with your about how it would feel to be putting in all the time expected for D1 and only get a few token minutes their first year. Coaches aren't going to be forthcoming about playing time because they want you to come. It gets tough to really determine the probability of playing but watching several games is probably a good place to start. Players need to be realistic - something that isn't easy when you're 17 years old

Comment

Of the remaining 24:

8 Saw the field
                        14 DNP
                        Are you including the MA player at Howard? He was not on the commitments list last year but has started 5 games and played in 18. Good player, great kid.

Comment

Are you including the MA player at Howard? He was not on the commitments list last year but has started 5 games and played in 18. Good player, great kid.
                          Where did he play after Xaverian? He didn't play for them his junior or senior year.

Comment

Where did he play after Xaverian? He didn't play for them his junior or senior year.
                            Played for the Bolts DAP for a couple of years and then spent some time on the bench for Revs DAP his senior year. Another player the Revs recruited and did not play.

Comment

2014 D1 Boys Subbing (Amended)

The next category played in >50% of the games:

Nathan Gill/Howard/18/18/5/0/0
                              Tyler Symkowicz/UMass/17/16/3/0/0
                              Alex Desantis/UMass/17/14/0/1/0
                              Will Rasid/UNH/16/13/7/0/1
                              Luke Albertini/CCSU/16/12/6/1/0
                              Brandon Vasquez/UMass 17/12/8/0/1
                              Christian Sady/Harvard/15/11/7/1/5

So that makes 16 total, so <40% of the D1 commits played much their freshman year, and again all for local teams. Take note. I'll cover the third category later, but will not use names.

Comment

Played for the Bolts DAP for a couple of years and then spent some time on the bench for Revs DAP his senior year. Another player the Revs recruited and did not play.
                                Sat on the Bolts bench prior to taking a Revs spot. Nice boy but would have done better by staying with HS soccer. Not DAP level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X