Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've never heard of my club pushing a kid up. There's 2 girls and 1 boy that I can think of right off the top of my head that really need to be in ECNL or the boy's equivalent level, and I'm shocked the parents don't see this. The boy in particular.
    Clubs as an entity won't push your kid up - they want to hold onto players (cheaper to keep 'em) and they want the better players to stay to help improve results, which brings in more new players. However, some coaches will. They will just do it quietly so that their bosses don't find out about it. When it happens then you know you had a good coach. Doesn't happen often enough but it does happen.

Comment

We didn't have a good experience with the coach and if it weren't for the fact that my son is getting a different coach next season, we would be seeking a new team. The coach was completely unfair to my son. Some coaches are toxic, and he was definitely one of them.
      But what is the new coach like? Every club can have a bad apple, even some of the better ones. The question is what about the club as a whole and what is their development track record like? You may just end up with equal or even even weaker training. Jump if need be but jump carefully.

Oh and btw plenty of TS poster's will pile on the "the coach was unfair to my kid" comment with good reason. Plenty of parents think the lack of development or PT is all the coach's fault. They can't look objectively at their own children and realize that maybe the current level isn't the best place for them.

Comment

But what is the new coach like? Every club can have a bad apple, even some of the better ones. The question is what about the club as a whole and what is their development track record like? You may just end up with equal or even even weaker training. Jump if need be but jump carefully.

Oh and btw plenty of TS poster's will pile on the "the coach was unfair to my kid" comment with good reason. Plenty of parents think the lack of development or PT is all the coach's fault. They can't look objectively at their own children and realize that maybe the current level isn't the best place for them.
        The thing is, my son is a good player and has scored more goals than any other player on the team. People approach us after a game from the other team and tell my son how he is a great player. Everyone sees it but the coach. He has a good attitude, works hard during practice and on his own time, very good player just the coach doesn't like him for some unknown reason.

Comment

The thing is, my son is a good player and has scored more goals than any other player on the team. People approach us after a game from the other team and tell my son how he is a great player. Everyone sees it but the coach. He has a good attitude, works hard during practice and on his own time, very good player just the coach doesn't like him for some unknown reason.
          just like anything else, it's frequently about personalities. If the coach isn't going to place your child in a position to succeed, then move on. We did it with my kid where, while just an ok player, it was clear the coach did not have his best interest in mind.

Comment

Does your kid play the same position as the coach's kid? All you have to do is become a soccer coach...not even a good one at that. You can lose all your games, because you are a lousy coach...and you can play your kid all game, every game. Your kid may deserve it, but it doesn't matter since you are the coach. You can never take the kid out even when they turn the ball over 99.999999% of the time and have no business being on the field.

Comment

Being a goal scorer isn't always an indication of being a great player. It means he's good at scoring. And if he's the leading scorer then clearly he was getting probably decent PT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X