• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They have a product you seek and not enough supply
    Sellers market if your kid is average
    Buyers market if your kid can ball
    Depends on the age. If your kid is U15 or older it's a parents market for everything. The lower level teams need the bodies at the HS ages.

Comment

Depends on the age. If your kid is U15 or older it's a parents market for everything. The lower level teams need the bodies at the HS ages.
      try that approach with CFC FSA YU OW at the U15 and older and see if they respond
      Celtic may think you're big time the others not so much

Comment

But as someone said it's about which teams - there's a very tight supply for the better teams. There's plenty of lousy ones. If it's in state and not expensive then there probably are players willing to do that just to keep playing. Just don't expect much in terms of quality and definitely not recruiting

Comment

What about st the younger ages? The same pressure of just pay first payment by July like OW states in the contract? is it competitive at the developmental agesit just pay and play?

Comment

A few years ago, my daughter tried out for the top team of a small club and got an offer right away, and they looked for an answer in 48 hours. She had not yet tried out for the larger club's Second team, so we put off the smaller club as long as 10 days. I told them the truth, and they still held the spot. In the end, I felt a little bad because in the end, she took a spot on the bigger clubs second team. It was the right decision in the long run, but that small club definitely held her spot, but it probably would not have worked had the teams been reversed. The larger clubs have a bigger player pool to choose from, and they are less likely to hold a roster spot for too long.

Comment

A few years ago, my daughter tried out for the top team of a small club and got an offer right away, and they looked for an answer in 48 hours. She had not yet tried out for the larger club's Second team, so we put off the smaller club as long as 10 days. I told them the truth, and they still held the spot. In the end, I felt a little bad because in the end, she took a spot on the bigger clubs second team. It was the right decision in the long run, but that small club definitely held her spot, but it probably would not have worked had the teams been reversed. The larger clubs have a bigger player pool to choose from, and they are less likely to hold a roster spot for too long.
              Lots of good advice on this thread. See the various teams play, see if you can have your kid practice with a few teams, see coaches with your own eyes and get as much feedback on the clubs as you can. Find what feels right.

Try not to get hung up on getting onto 'the best' team, but 'the best team for your child and family' Which has many factors - coaching, facilities, location, driving distance, carpooling etc. Some of the non-soccer factors will have a big impact on the quality of your life. I've seen some families make ridiculous sacrifices to have their kid play on a B team an hour or more away.

Also, it is only a contract for one year - having a couple of different experiences in a kid's soccer 'career' is a good thing.

Comment

FSA now has their tryout schedule posted. Interesting that on the girls side, the ECNL tryouts are separate but all the others (FSACT and NPL) are together.

Comment

Oh my the mystery continues, think you can solve it Sherlock

Comment

You made the right choice, cfc npl is much better opportunity then yu npl

Comment

You made the right choice, cfc npl is much better opportunity then yu npl
                      no-one even knows that cfc has an NPL team- so yea, much better choice

Comment

So we all know tryout season is upon us.

Question: What happens if your kid is trying out at two different clubs and the tryout dates are a couple of weeks apart. If you get accepted at Club A, which held the earlier tryout, and they want an answer right away...what do you do?
                        If accepted at Club A, should you tell club A to wait for your answer until Club B is done with tryouts and you know where you stand with both clubs?

I would imagine someone of you have been in this very situation....how did you handle it?
                        It depends on the club. A lot of clubs you can tell them you need a week or two to think about it and there is no problem. There are other clubs that tier the tryouts and have multiple teams depending on an answer from the top down. At clubs like that you have to give a yes or no so they can move down the list. This type of club will not wait on you and assume your a no after 48 hours or so and offer the spot to the next player.

Comment

FSA now has their tryout schedule posted. Interesting that on the girls side, the ECNL tryouts are separate but all the others (FSACT and NPL) are together.
                          ECNL tryouts are usually separate. New to this?

Comment

ECNL tryouts are usually separate. New to this?
                            No, I was more curious about the NPL kids lumped with the Staties rather than the ECNL kids.

Comment

It depends on the club. A lot of clubs you can tell them you need a week or two to think about it and there is no problem. There are other clubs that tier the tryouts and have multiple teams depending on an answer from the top down. At clubs like that you have to give a yes or no so they can move down the list. This type of club will not wait on you and assume your a no after 48 hours or so and offer the spot to the next player.
                              They will also wait ..... if your kid is a top player. If they won't wait, it shows where on their list your kid is.

Comment

We didnt want to start an entirely new thread for this topic, but our daughters club team has gone through three coaches since October. We've gone from one extreme of absolutely terrible coach to an absolutely great coach and now we are left somewhere in the middle-mediocrity. The inconsistency is terrible and our results have showed it.

Is this at all normal?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X