Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutiny FC

This obviously is more for Western Mass folks but is there any truth to the rumors that Mutiny is being merged into GPS?

That would be too bad, they were a good club when we played them last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why would that be too bad?

Comment

Why would that be too bad?
        because GPS is a horrible club

Comment

because GPS is a horrible club
          GPenSvy guy is here, front and center.

Comment

That plays in a better league. Euro put a u15 team in GPS and it seems to have worked out in their favor. Stop being such a hater.

Comment

GPenSvy guy is here, front and center.
              A thousand likes for this comment. GPS haters all over this board.

Comment

I wrote this original comment, not the subsequent comments. I did not mean it from a standpoint that GPS was "bad". They do indeed field some good teams. But they have SO MANY teams at each age group, I feel the small club vibe gets lost for sure. There are benefits to a big club (better facilities, more exposure) but make no mistake, in a small club everyone know who you are, parents get along well, price is very reasonable, etc...Depending on the club/coach training is good as well.

Comment

I wrote this original comment, not the subsequent comments. I did not mean it from a standpoint that GPS was "bad". They do indeed field some good teams. But they have SO MANY teams at each age group, I feel the small club vibe gets lost for sure. There are benefits to a big club (better facilities, more exposure) but make no mistake, in a small club everyone know who you are, parents get along well, price is very reasonable, etc...Depending on the club/coach training is good as well.
                  How do you define "everyone"? We are at GPS, and every coach knows my daughter, from both the boys and girls side. She's always at the field, hits all camps, etc.

How do you define "get along well"? More than other clubs? Based on what metric? I'll admit, some parents drive me crazy, so I like a lot. Same with work, my neighborhood, etc.

How do you define "reasonable"? Based on what metric? Do you calculate actual time spent (travel, time on the pitch, camps, etc.) with a $ value for your time spent? Do you put a value on coaches knowledge?

Yes, they have SO many teams...because they are all over the place. They have little to nothing to do with each other GPS Maine is GPS Maine. GPS NH is GPS NH. Several in Mass, RI, etc. Other than the same jersey, they don't correlate at the player level at all. They jersey could just as easily say "Dortmund" vs. "Bayern" and it wouldn't mean anything.

Now, within each geographical representation, gender, and age group, there could be a single team, most of the time there's two, somethings three. Why? They fill a need. Typically, they'll have A, B, and C teams (they don't call them that, but let's be real that's what they are). I had the same thing growing up in hockey. Players are developing at different speeds, and are placed where they fit at that moment. It's a good thing, I believe. Gives the lower kids (of which mine was one for a long time) something to strive for in a less competitive environment. Conversely, the higher kids have training structured to their skillset, and don't have to waste their time with lower kids.

Comment

Great comment. However none of this logic applies to Fc mutiny. This is a daddy run club without any real coaches and filled with agendas. This merger would definitely benefit the kids.
                    Remember that because it's all about them.

Comment

Great comment. However none of this logic applies to Fc mutiny. This is a daddy run club without any real coaches and filled with agendas. This merger would definitely benefit the kids.
                      Remember that because it's all about them.
                      My kid played for mutiny FC and had a great experience. Good club. The merger would only benefit them as GPS would give them more access to facilities, tournaments and exposure to college coaches.

Comment

My kid played for mutiny FC and had a great experience. Good club. The merger would only benefit them as GPS would give them more access to facilities, tournaments and exposure to college coaches.
                        What a joke!

Comment

What a joke!
                          Hi GPeniSvy Guy! How is your afternoon?

Do you rail against everyone who's product you don't use, or just soccer clubs? Starbucks? Exxon? Dell? Avaya? Ford? Who gets your ire up on a typical day?

Comment

My child currently plays for the Mutiny so I have some interest in this. We have enjoyed our time with the Mutiny so this would be surprising but understandable considering the soccer market as it currently stands. Is this just a rumor started by someone that does not have first hand information or is this a "where there is smoke there is fire" type of matter? Something like this would greatly impact what we would do with our child for the Fall.

Comment

Not sure how this would work as there is already a "GPS - West" in Holyoke/Easthampton. Would Mutiny be folded into that club/branch or would this be a new branch competing with "GPS - West"?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X