Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Portland College help!

Why does FC's coach's not help players or families talk to other schools. Very unfortunate but if kids are only allowed to go to PSU or UP then whats the point in going to FC Portland. They don't help the kids!

Plenty of kids and are leaving because of this and are tired of the GOLDEN carrot dangled in there face that is UP.

If you say that there are plenty of kids that are playing else where true but not from the HELP of the coaching staff. Those families and players received those scholarships on there own. I know multiple FC kids who have had to reach out to CU coaches for help in putting in a good word for there kid to a specific college or university because FCPDX coaches will not do it!

WHAT A SHAME!

FC Portland has a conflict of interest they cannot work through since their coaches both work for local colleges.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why does FC's coach's not help players or families talk to other schools. Very unfortunate but if kids are only allowed to go to PSU or UP then whats the point in going to FC Portland. They don't help the kids!

Plenty of kids and are leaving because of this and are tired of the GOLDEN carrot dangled in there face that is UP.

If you say that there are plenty of kids that are playing else where true but not from the HELP of the coaching staff. Those families and players received those scholarships on there own. I know multiple FC kids who have had to reach out to CU coaches for help in putting in a good word for there kid to a specific college or university because FCPDX coaches will not do it!

WHAT A SHAME!
      Plenty of players at FC Portland going to colleges other than UofP and PSU.

I doubt FC kids are asking CU coaches for references.

Go to CU if you think it is a better club.

Comment

WHAT A SHAME!
        Nice try, lemming liar.

Comment

Lack luster staff

Nice try, lemming liar.
          Plenty of the current 17's and 18's at FC that are not committed and have relationship from previous years with other coaches at other clubs asked for help from CU coaches. Don't believe me? I don't care it but it is true! The frustration is across the board at FC I know because I am a parent of an FC player and plenty of my daughters friends have had many frustrations with the staff at FC not helping.

CM- to busy to help and spread too thin but would help if she had the time
          MS- no help
          MG- nice guy but not much help
          LS- wouldn't help anyone plus never around
          GS- yeah right
          BI- would send you to UP or PSU

Comment

WHAT A SHAME!
            My question is why are you being so reliant on a coach? If your DD wants to speak to a school and coach, then take the initiative. It's her education and potential ability to play in college, not anyone else's.

Having said that, and While you feel FC coaches my not directly get involved, they do encourage players to email or call themselves. They encourage YOU to establish communication and potential relationship. Again, it's your future, not theirs

The bottom line, take charge of your future, all too often it seems, people want to rely on others, or worse, believe others have an obligation to help you.

Comment

Plenty of the current 17's and 18's at FC that are not committed and have relationship from previous years with other coaches at other clubs asked for help from CU coaches. Don't believe me? I don't care it but it is true! The frustration is across the board at FC I know because I am a parent of an FC player and plenty of my daughters friends have had many frustrations with the staff at FC not helping.

MS- no help
              GS- yeah right
              Not helping or not telling your daughter's friends what they want to hear?? There are plenty of FC Portland players committed.

Comment

The truth of it is no Club will get your dd into college. This is the biggest myth espescially spun by ECNL clubs. Good grades are the foundation for college. Work with your high school counselor on college selection. Once you have narrowed where you want to attend college, reach out to those coaches. Send letters and footage of your games , attend iD camps, and notify them of what college showcases you will be attending.

Comment

MS- no help
                  GS- yeah right
                  They don't care. Why should they. They are notoriously checked out of their teams. Why would you even think they care when it's the 6th thing on their priority list. Next year they'll get another team etc.

This is probably common knowledge at this point.

Comment

The truth of it is no Club will get your dd into college. This is the biggest myth espescially spun by ECNL clubs. Good grades are the foundation for college. Work with your high school counselor on college selection. Once you have narrowed where you want to attend college, reach out to those coaches. Send letters and footage of your games , attend iD camps, and notify them of what college showcases you will be attending.
                    Good grades are the foundation for college if you want to get a college degree. 24/7 soccer skills are the foundation for college soccer rosters. With up to 30 player rosters, most on the roster don't get significant minutes and drop out or transfer so the player better be the top half of the soccer roster.

If college and academics are first, your player will get into a good school, get merit aid and graduate. If they get to play soccer too, great. The rare player can do both at an elite level.

Comment

Good grades are the foundation for college if you want to get a college degree. 24/7 soccer skills are the foundation for college soccer rosters. With up to 30 player rosters, most on the roster don't get significant minutes and drop out or transfer so the player better be the top half of the soccer roster.

If college and academics are first, your player will get into a good school, get merit aid and graduate. If they get to play soccer too, great. The rare player can do both at an elite level.
                      100 percent true. Too bad Oregon ECNL coaches don't share the real stats with the families. It really is a bit of a scam.

Comment

MS- no help
                        GS- yeah right
                        I've heard a lot about the Fcp coaches and their lack of commitment. They don't even need to do anything because their propaganda game is so strong.

Comment

100 percent true. Too bad Oregon ECNL coaches don't share the real stats with the families. It really is a bit of a scam.
                          Academy coaches are even worse. At least Ecnl coaches allow time for academics, HS soccer, and other activities. ecnl touts itself to be a pathway to college, academy makes no bones about being a pathway to pros. Academy doesn't allow HS play and wishes the best didn't play college either.

I'm not for or against either Ecnl or GDA but think local club travel teams are the best option for 99.99% of Oregon players. Oregon got more girls into college soccer before Ecnl & academy showed up.

Comment

WHAT A SHAME!
                            I'm not with FC so maybe you might not like my input.

When you say that players are going to different colleges and receiving scholarships but not with the help of coaches, how is it that the coaches should be reaching out to schools on your kid's behalf? Are you suggesting that they or the CU coaches are only doing this for some players?

Your club coaches and high school coaches should not be thought of as your referrals but rather as your references.

The rest is up to efforts of the players themselves.

Comment

Academy coaches are even worse. At least Ecnl coaches allow time for academics, HS soccer, and other activities. ecnl touts itself to be a pathway to college, academy makes no bones about being a pathway to pros. Academy doesn't allow HS play and wishes the best didn't play college either.

I'm not for or against either Ecnl or GDA but think local club travel teams are the best option for 99.99% of Oregon players. Oregon got more girls into college soccer before Ecnl & academy showed up.
                              Re-read the GDA-especially the part about seniors and high school play this coming Fall.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X