Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get that everyone publicly hates on Got Soccer but I know a lot of people secretly look at the rankings, and as far as tournaments go, it still has some value in setting brackets.

Why then, this long after the age change, are the bracket's still screwed up? My kid's U16 team show's the roster and the record of last year's U14 team. To find her team's ranking (01) I have to look at the 02 entry (the U17 team). It seems to me this screws up the placement and assigning of tournament points as well as points fopr wins over higher ranked teams.

I know no one cares and you can all hate on me all you like, but It just really annoys the hell out of my OCD mind.

Thank you. Rant over.
    I think you mistyped, 02's are U15s, I think you meant 00's for U17. This responsibility is not on GS, the clubs are exploiting this. Some teams that don't deserve high placements are assuming the other teams points when it benefits them, and starting with a clean state when it doesn't. The old double-dip. Give it time..

Comment

I think you mistyped, 02's are U15s, I think you meant 00's for U17. This responsibility is not on GS, the clubs are exploiting this. Some teams that don't deserve high placements are assuming the other teams points when it benefits them, and starting with a clean state when it doesn't. The old double-dip. Give it time..
      agree with all of it- U15 and up should start now with a fresh slate
      everything below should have started fresh in the fall
      right now everyones points are messed up

Comment

The gotsoccer teams and rosters are maintained by your head coach and/or club administrator. If the information is wrong it is your coach or administrators fault, not gotsoccer.

That being said, there have been some shady clubs in the reorganization updating the information so new/inexperienced teams ended up inheriting the points/history from completely different teams in the club.

Comment

do you have any clue how they seed youth soccer tourneys? Jeff cup, PDA, disney, newws etc...
          thats right Einstein, they useGS to accept any fill the brackets- or do you think they have personal knowledge of 400 teams from around the country
          So an ECNL team with minimal GotSoccer points will be selected or seeded higher than a crappy USYS team that wins weak tournament and has accumulated more "points"? Yeah, no. ECNL events do not earn you points.

BTW, I know more than you think I do. Go ahead, ask any youth soccer question and I'll answer it.

Let me repeat, GotSoccer is an absolute joke.

Comment

So an ECNL team with minimal GotSoccer points will be selected or seeded higher than a crappy USYS team that wins weak tournament and has accumulated more "points"? Yeah, no. ECNL events do not earn you points.

BTW, I know more than you think I do. Go ahead, ask any youth soccer question and I'll answer it.

Let me repeat, GotSoccer is an absolute joke.
            ECNL has their own tourneys #1
            if they want to go to a non ecnl tourney-the tourneys try to lump them together in their own brackets, and every once in a while they get placed with high ranking NPL teams and get knocked off

Comment

ECNL has their own tourneys #1
              if they want to go to a non ecnl tourney-the tourneys try to lump them together in their own brackets, and every once in a while they get placed with high ranking NPL teams and get knocked off
              Thx, knew that.

Comment

Thx, knew that.
                and how do they know who high ranking NPL teams are???? GS

Comment

Tournament organizers are not that stupid. Yes, ECNL teams will get placed higher than crappy USYS teams, even if they do have big time GS points. smh Top brackets at Jeff Cup were jam-packed with ECNL teams with "minimal" points.

Comment

Tournament organizers are not that stupid. Yes, ECNL teams will get placed higher than crappy USYS teams, even if they do have big time GS points. smh Top brackets at Jeff Cup were jam-packed with ECNL teams with "minimal" points.
                    Um, exactly my point. As a reminder, my point was that GotSoccer is a joke.

It's a less than accurate system designed to "rank" middle to upper middle class teams; you know, the ones that can afford to go to tournaments everywhere. Newsflash: There are inner city teams in NY with zero GotSoccer points that could crush top earning USYS teams. Joke city baby.

Comment

and how do they know who high ranking NPL teams are???? GS
                      You raise a good question. ECNL's xenophobia forces VERY good non-ECNL teams to work harder to get noticed. Teams like Clevelend FC, Dallas Kicks etc, consistently win over top ECNL teams, but are forced to chase GS points to maintain credibility and get college looks. What else can they do?

Comment

You raise a good question. ECNL's xenophobia forces VERY good non-ECNL teams to work harder to get noticed. Teams like Clevelend FC, Dallas Kicks etc, consistently win over top ECNL teams, but are forced to chase GS points to maintain credibility and get college looks. What else can they do?
                        Join the DA. We don't have to deal with any of this crap anymore.

Comment

Join the DA. We don't have to deal with any of this crap anymore.
                          ECNL doesn't deal with it either. Most ECNL teams might consider attending one outside event at u15 and above. That would most likely be Jeff Cup but could also be a spring warm up event. Then it's FL, Phoenix, PDA as the major showcase events. They might get one chance a year to accumulate GS points.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X