Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 Girls

State cup round 2 : half of the FSPL seeded teams got knocked out as did other seeded teams with seeding points from SRPL for example. FYSA should rethink their seeding policy. Start by getting rid of the FSPL participation seeding point.

Does it really matter when the the finals will be against Florida Elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does it really matter when the the finals will be against Florida Elite.
      So true. That's a special team.

Comment

Who gets to the final vs FL Elite?

Other teams who finished with 3 wins and 9 points:

TBU
        FKK
        FC Florida
        Pinecrest

I say FKK or FC Florida will be runner up!

Comment

TBU
          FKK
          FC Florida
          Pinecrest

All are better than average teams. I hope they get the seeding right. These teams will probably play each other in first or second game. And then some average will skate through to play FESA for final.

Comment

I wonder why the 2001 Girls Top Ten thread was removed last week? Moderator can it be restored?

Comment

TBU
              FKK
              FC Florida
              Pinecrest

The Runner up will qualify for the Southern Region Championship.

Comment

TBU
                FKK
                FC Florida
                Pinecrest

I see FKK, but they are all good enough to beat each other. FKK and FC are both full of big strong girls. Not giants, but just sold players top to bottom with good size to them all.

Don't see a upset with either if the get to the finals against FESA. They are both fast pace offenses and FESA just eats that up and can see a 3 to 4 goal win. It is why you see a FESA play a lower team to a 2-0 win, but a 4-1 win against the next best team in the state. One will park the bus the other will try to run and gun with FESA and it just doesn't work.

Comment

I see FKK, but they are all good enough to beat each other. FKK and FC are both full of big strong girls. Not giants, but just sold players top to bottom with good size to them all.

Don't see a upset with either if the get to the finals against FESA. They are both fast pace offenses and FESA just eats that up and can see a 3 to 4 goal win. It is why you see a FESA play a lower team to a 2-0 win, but a 4-1 win against the next best team in the state. One will park the bus the other will try to run and gun with FESA and it just doesn't work.
                  Good for FESA, but does kind of takes the suspense out of it with them so far ahead of everyone. Games still have to be played and I have seen more dominate team slip up in upsets, but take JFC, WFF, and even Weston out of SC it takes more chances of that upset happening away. Would have been interesting to see them all together.

Comment

Good for FESA, but does kind of takes the suspense out of it with them so far ahead of everyone. Games still have to be played and I have seen more dominate team slip up in upsets, but take JFC, WFF, and even Weston out of SC it takes more chances of that upset happening away. Would have been interesting to see them all together.
                    Weston not so much, but Wff beat JFC today 2-0, leaving 1-1 in head to head this year.

Comment

Weston not so much, but Wff beat JFC today 2-0, leaving 1-1 in head to head this year.
                      Not to take anything away from WFF, because they are a really good team, but was JFC putting some of their girls in SC? Losing to WFF 2-0 is not really surprising except the 2 goal difference, but the tie to TBU which is not a strong team just seems odd.

Comment

WFF did not play JFC. JFC lost to Pinecrest 2-1.

Comment

WFF did not play JFC. JFC lost to Pinecrest 2-1.
                          ECNL… yes they did. Also, TBU is a first year team and has been doing better since they removed a certain younger mid fielder- passing much better and less parent drama

Comment

The Lot of teams mentioned can all make it. When they get to final 8 on, they just can't mess around. Beating FESA will take the teams best game. FESA is playing top teams in top brackets at tournaments all over the country. Don't see them getting phased by a SC team playing tough on them.

Comment

Round of 16 predictions:

FLORIDA ELITE over WESTON
                              JAYFC ARMADA over BOYNTON BEACH
                              FKK over FLORIDA FIRE JUNIORS
                              GULF COAST TEXANS over SPACE COAST
                              LAKELAND over FLORIDA HAWKS FC
                              FC FLORIDA over CORAL GABLES
                              PINECREST over CAPE CORAL
                              TAMPA BAY UNITED over TALLAHASSEE TOTTENHAM

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X