•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC v FSA ECNL '01 Impartial opinion

I watched the game tonight ( Friday).

CFC won 2-1.

Let me start by saying I have never posted here before and I have zero affiliation with either team. I bet you are all thinking "why would you be there ?". Well I coach what you all love to dump on on Talking Soccer, a town premier team. I go once or twice a year to see the best teams at the age I coach . That is not a knock on Oakwood, I have never seen them play and maybe they are right there with them. I go because I want to learn. Several years ago when some of the kids on my team were really starting to think they were quite sppecial , I brought them to see the top FSA and CFC team go at it. They were blown away by the speed and sheer intensity of the game.

I have always been honest with the parents of the kids I coach and the kids themselves. The very best of whom I have encouraged to try out for these substantially higher level teams.

So here is my thoughts on the game

the coaches from both teams were professional, respectful and coached during the stoppages . CFC had a like 4 or 5 on the sideline. Neither staff had screamers or said anything that was improper.

The players from both teams were skilled and played hard . After the game they all seemed to shake hands and were gracious.

The parents from both teams, well I saw none of what I have read on TS No cowbells , no screaming, no negative comments. There was a few instances of parents coaching from the sidelines but it was not constant or over the top.

The refs were adequate

I have a lot of respect for the girls who train hard and make the sacrifices it takes to play at that level. I am sure many of them missed some type of social event to be there tonight. I respect the parents for the sacrifices they have made and the coaches from both clubs.

As far as the game itself I think both goalies were excellent . The FSA goalie came up big in a couple of 1 v 1 situations. The CFC goalie made a beautiful left handed save on a ball that looked like it was going in upper 90.

CFC had more speed up top. CFC had more possession , maybe 60 /40. FSA certainly was good enough to win the game but the goal they did score was against the run of play and CFC was the better team (tonight) in a close game.

Fair assessment. A little heavy on the non-soccer aspects but you got it right overall. The keepers were the stars of this one in my opinion.

I too was pleasantly surprised by the parents on the sidelines. I didn't see any embarassing behavior anywhere

Comment

Cfc bs FSA ECNL 01 impartial opinion

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

CFC won 2-1.

Let me start by saying I have never posted here before and I have zero affiliation with either team. I bet you are all thinking "why would you be there ?". Well I coach what you all love to dump on on Talking Soccer, a town premier team. I go once or twice a year to see the best teams at the age I coach . That is not a knock on Oakwood, I have never seen them play and maybe they are right there with them. I go because I want to learn. Several years ago when some of the kids on my team were really starting to think they were quite sppecial , I brought them to see the top FSA and CFC team go at it. They were blown away by the speed and sheer intensity of the game.

I have always been honest with the parents of the kids I coach and the kids themselves. The very best of whom I have encouraged to try out for these substantially higher level teams.

the coaches from both teams were professional, respectful and coached during the stoppages . CFC had a like 4 or 5 on the sideline. Neither staff had screamers or said anything that was improper.

The players from both teams were skilled and played hard . After the game they all seemed to shake hands and were gracious.

The parents from both teams, well I saw none of what I have read on TS No cowbells , no screaming, no negative comments. There was a few instances of parents coaching from the sidelines but it was not constant or over the top.

The refs were adequate

I have a lot of respect for the girls who train hard and make the sacrifices it takes to play at that level. I am sure many of them missed some type of social event to be there tonight. I respect the parents for the sacrifices they have made and the coaches from both clubs.

As far as the game itself I think both goalies were excellent . The FSA goalie came up big in a couple of 1 v 1 situations. The CFC goalie made a beautiful left handed save on a ball that looked like it was going in upper 90.

CFC had more speed up top. CFC had more possession , maybe 60 /40. FSA certainly was good enough to win the game but the goal they did score was against the run of play and CFC was the better team (tonight) in a close game.
      The funny thing is Cfc parents are posting on another post that they killed FSA, the game was a blowout. And possession was like 70/30. I was going to respond but now I see someone with a normal and what seems more accurate depiction. Cfc had about 60/40. Unlike what the poster I mentioned implied, it was not a game of keepaway. In fact, FSA strung together many passes. Biggest difference was simply in the final third. Cfc has more speed and talent up front period. Game could have gone either way and the goal by FSA was a mistake by Cfc but nonetheless good effort by FSA striker. Not quite as lopsided as Cfc parents are making it out to be. Cfc on the other hand was not as strong in the back but FSA does not have players to challenge them. Overall good game. Clean, and most importantly both teams worked hard. Kudos to the kids and the parents of both teams.

Comment

Fair assessment. A little heavy on the non-soccer aspects but you got it right overall. The keepers were the stars of this one in my opinion.

I too was pleasantly surprised by the parents on the sidelines. I didn't see any embarassing behavior anywhere
        Because in general, despite what you read on TS, most youth soccer parents behave mostly normally on the sidelines. They may be muttering nastiness under their breath, or whispering to a trusted friend (or if you could read their minds it wouldn't be pretty), but at this age and level parents for the most part are outwardly civil.

Comment

The funny thing is Cfc parents are posting on another post that they killed FSA, the game was a blowout. And possession was like 70/30. I was going to respond but now I see someone with a normal and what seems more accurate depiction. Cfc had about 60/40. Unlike what the poster I mentioned implied, it was not a game of keepaway. In fact, FSA strung together many passes. Biggest difference was simply in the final third. Cfc has more speed and talent up front period. Game could have gone either way and the goal by FSA was a mistake by Cfc but nonetheless good effort by FSA striker. Not quite as lopsided as Cfc parents are making it out to be. Cfc on the other hand was not as strong in the back but FSA does not have players to challenge them. Overall good game. Clean, and most importantly both teams worked hard. Kudos to the kids and the parents of both teams.
          I agree with your assessment, and I'm a CFC parent. I read last week that someone felt only three ECNL caliber players on FSA. That is not close to true, lots of talented girls. Both sides played hard and should be proud.

Comment

I agree with your assessment, and I'm a CFC parent. I read last week that someone felt only three ECNL caliber players on FSA. That is not close to true, lots of talented girls. Both sides played hard and should be proud.
            And in the end it is over. Game played.
            Wake up Saturday morning. Lawn to cut, errands to run, etc.
            World peace wasn't solved. Just a soccer game played.
            Enjoy the weekend.

Comment

Said if anyone on this site believes 90 percent of the crap posted here. This site contains a few blowhards from each club, whether parent, player, coach or management trying to get under each clubs skin. I have been at several Cfc vs fsa games both boys and girls and parents, coaches and players have always been respectable. Just a few losers out there getting a gasm reading responses to their bs posts

Comment

Was there as well. Hard fought game in wet conditions. I'd say the first half was 60/40 CFC but FSA had 2-3 very good chances. CFC scored a great goal and missed a bunny to go up 2-0. FSA scored against the run of play just before HT. Second half in my opinion, was all CFC. Probably 80/20 possession and all the good chances were CFC's. they finally clamped down on FSA's most dangerous player. Kid up top with great pace. She couldn't get loose in the second after causing problems in the first. Could FSA have won the game? I suppose, but it would have taken an extreme amount of luck. Better team on the day won and it could have been worse. But it also could have ended in a draw. CFC missed a lot of chances. JMO.

Comment

Was there as well. Hard fought game in wet conditions. I'd say the first half was 60/40 CFC but FSA had 2-3 very good chances. CFC scored a great goal and missed a bunny to go up 2-0. FSA scored against the run of play just before HT. Second half in my opinion, was all CFC. Probably 80/20 possession and all the good chances were CFC's. they finally clamped down on FSA's most dangerous player. Kid up top with great pace. She couldn't get loose in the second after causing problems in the first. Could FSA have won the game? I suppose, but it would have taken an extreme amount of luck. Better team on the day won and it could have been worse. But it also could have ended in a draw. CFC missed a lot of chances. JMO.
                  Only reason cfc supporters commented was because some Fsa fan boy has been talking about Fsa being better than cfc and putting his predictions of wins at every age group on this blog. When you talk kaka, sometimes you have to eat some if you can't back it up. Sad thing is, the kaka talking dad doesn't play, his daughter does. Let her enjoy her life. Support her, but act your age.

Comment

Kaka was a great player

Comment

Kaka was a great player
                      Was the man on FIFA soccer on the wii

Comment

CFC won 2-1.

The refs were adequate

Thanks for the post. Best comment was that CFC had 4-5 coaches on the
                        sidelines.

Seems like a lot.

Makes you wonder how many were actual coaches of this team and how many
                        we're CFC brain trust.

Comment

They actually said only 3 CFC ECNL players are of the PDA ECNL caliber.

You people act as if all ECNL players are the same, of the same ability. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Comment

Thanks for the post. Best comment was that CFC had 4-5 coaches on the
                            sidelines.

Seems like a lot.

Makes you wonder how many were actual coaches of this team and how many
                            we're CFC brain trust.
                            You say that like it's a bad thing. Lol. I wish my daughter's team had multiple coaches that worked with the team or cared enough to support them on a rainy Friday night.

Comment

They actually said only 3 CFC ECNL players are of the PDA ECNL caliber.

You people act as if all ECNL players are the same, of the same ability. Couldn't be further from the truth.
                              As evidenced by both clubs' performance in ECNL regionally. Nationally it's even worse. All the bickering about #1 in the state seems pointless yes?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X