Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love to see all those kids that waste their high school years, parents paying thru nose to see their kid get zero scholarship and parents end up paying to send kid to fitchburg state. the joke's on you bozo's
    Don't be so hard on the OW folks, they mean well.

Comment

here's the bottom line:
      you want scholarship $$, then study hard. Anyone doing this soccer thing for scholarship $$ is chasing fool's gold, there's much easier and MUCH more secure ways of getting money from a school. Play soccer because it's fun, study hard because that's what counts once the games stop and the real world starts.

Comment

I love to see all those kids that waste their high school years, parents paying thru nose to see their kid get zero scholarship and parents end up paying to send kid to fitchburg state. the joke's on you bozo's
        what's more amusing is some shytehed posting on an anonymous board about other people's decisions. How do you know what's motivating anyone? I see a post like this, I just assume your kid can't cut it. Why else are you trolling about this.

Comment

the only players required to give up HS sports are DA players. OW is heavily subsidized and reasonable. OW GDA prices aren't bad either considering it's full year (travel is another story). Anyway, Sporting's competition isn't OW. It's the CFC branches and other local clubs, low level FSA teams etc

Comment

what's more amusing is some shytehed posting on an anonymous board about other people's decisions. How do you know what's motivating anyone? I see a post like this, I just assume your kid can't cut it. Why else are you trolling about this.
            Maybe the poster has been through it , and is offering a word of caution....just sayin'

Comment

While not the best way to deliver the message, the message is still relevant. There is almost zero money in men's soccer, ok money for the more talented girls. Nobody should be in this for athletic money and everybody should be encouraging their kids to work hard in school. Good grades and test scores will get you more academic than athletic most of the time AND it's good for four years. Athletic money is not (save a few exceptions).

Comment

the only players required to give up HS sports are DA players. OW is heavily subsidized and reasonable. OW GDA prices aren't bad either considering it's full year (travel is another story). Anyway, Sporting's competition isn't OW. It's the CFC branches and other local clubs, low level FSA teams etc
                They haven't release their GDA prices yet, but i bet it will be at least doubled what their HS aged NPL teams paid this year ..... at least doubled (possibly 2.5x) and additional revenues will be generated by 10-20% cost increases of the u-littles!

Comment

They haven't release their GDA prices yet, but i bet it will be at least doubled what their HS aged NPL teams paid this year ..... at least doubled (possibly 2.5x) and additional revenues will be generated by 10-20% cost increases of the u-littles!
                  No they did. $2500 not including travel. Try again. But yes the other teams will see a price increase for certain. They have to pay for it somehow

- not at OW

Comment

No they did. $2500 not including travel. Try again. But yes the other teams will see a price increase for certain. They have to pay for it somehow

- not at OW
                    Everyone travels!

How much does fsa charge for u14 teams. My guess is oakwood is still $500 cheaper and travel will be less not more.

Facts people!

Comment

Everyone travels!

How much does fsa charge for u14 teams. My guess is oakwood is still $500 cheaper and travel will be less not more.

Facts people!
                      If $500 bucks sways your decision than ECNL or DA are NOT for you!!! Stay local.

Comment

Similar to the rise in Higher Education costs , which is well beyond the CPI, Much of Youth Soccer is around double the cost that a progression following the CPI would actually be.

Comment

If $500 bucks sways your decision than ECNL or DA are NOT for you!!! Stay local.
                          GDA won't be that much cheaper than ECNL and it won't be enough to sway the average middle to upper income soccer family. They'll pick whichever league fits their needs best.

Comment

here's the bottom line:
                            you want scholarship $$, then study hard. Anyone doing this soccer thing for scholarship $$ is chasing fool's gold, there's much easier and MUCH more secure ways of getting money from a school. Play soccer because it's fun, study hard because that's what counts once the games stop and the real world starts.
                            Books not Balls is where it's at folks. The best are the people forking over huge dollars to go to private school while paying for 'ahem - cough - elite programs' then the cost of college on top of that. The kings of all these peeps are the Ari lovers at FSA. So funny. Kickball isn't going to pay for college

Comment

- not at OW
                              I bet it goes up even more, but at $2500, the cost went up $1300 for HS aged kids at OW as compared to this year's cost. I bet it will go higher when the dust settles. I can't wait to see how much they go up for the little kids as well.

Comment

- not at OW
                                They put those prices up briefly but I can't find them anymore which probably means they are rethinking them for next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X