Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Would she have had the same opportunity had she played for another club? My daughter is considered a "stud", playing up a year and better than her whole team. I'm considering all options for next year, including OW.
    Probably not if you're not in the top 3 clubs in CT. You have to be identified and invited to the training centers first at early ages.

Comment

Honestly, it would have been a challenge. First off, the top kids have to get pushed to the training center. Next comes the ability for the club coaches to get the kids on the NT Scouts radar screen. OW guys have credibility as do many at CFC. DC just got the nod for the NT coaching staff so obviously there's a connection there.

Forget the national team, if you feel that you have a player that's in the top 10 in his/her age group in CT, why would you not join a top club team? After 12 years old there's no benefit to playing in garbage league.
      How many different clubs in CT are pushing kids to the training centers? I would think no more than a handful....correct?

Comment

She is a very very good player. Has been identified for a long time. I believe she was in the CFC system to start out.
        How is she a very very good player? I want my daughter to be a very very good player too!

Comment

CT representing very well! Girls U15 player, u16 player and u20? 2 Oakwood and 1 CFC?
          Congrats to all
          U20? Who is that?

Is OW really still claiming a U20 player?

Comment

U20? Who is that?

Is OW really still claiming a U20 player?
            EJ of course.

Comment

How many different clubs in CT are pushing kids to the training centers? I would think no more than a handful....correct?
              On the girls side, I would imagine that most all would come from the big 3- OW, FSA and CFC.

Comment

How is she a very very good player? I want my daughter to be a very very good player too!
                Genetics, training and desire

Comment

She is only 12 years old and an amazing player

Comment

1)First, and foremost, a love for the game.

2)Dedication to prioritize soccer training above all else.

3)The physical attributes of size, speed and strength.

4)Train with the best players. Get to a top club so trainings are always competitive and playing time has to be earned. This will also include playing in top leagues against best players in the region

5)The financial means to play at a top club and get to out of state tournaments, league games, training centers.

There is a lot of banter on this site about ECNL and GDA. Bottom line is that the very best players have to be at one of these 3 clubs playing and training against the best everyday. Those that think playing pop up premier soccer, or ODP, is going to get players to this level are kidding themselves. This has only happened at CFC and Oakwood for the girls in this state over the past 5 years. FACT

Comment

1)First, and foremost, a love for the game.

2)Dedication to prioritize soccer training above all else.

3)The physical attributes of size, speed and strength.

4)Train with the best players. Get to a top club so trainings are always competitive and playing time has to be earned. This will also include playing in top leagues against best players in the region

5)The financial means to play at a top club and get to out of state tournaments, league games, training centers.

There is a lot of banter on this site about ECNL and GDA. Bottom line is that the very best players have to be at one of these 3 clubs playing and training against the best everyday. Those that think playing pop up premier soccer, or ODP, is going to get players to this level are kidding themselves. This has only happened at CFC and Oakwood for the girls in this state over the past 5 years. FACT
                      Ok if all this is true, that speaks for about 90% of players. I don't agree with the size thing. Size makes no difference IMHO.

Comment

Ok if all this is true, that speaks for about 90% of players. I don't agree with the size thing. Size makes no difference IMHO.
                        Size makes a difference. Unless you have the combination of speed and ball skills which can make up for height.

Comment

When a coach picks the biggest kids, it says a lot about them. When a coach makes comments about a kid being too small it shows how small they are. The best player in the world is a guy who is 5'5".

Comment

When a coach picks the biggest kids, it says a lot about them. When a coach makes comments about a kid being too small it shows how small they are. The best player in the world is a guy who is 5'5".
                            He's actually 5'7. But his speed and abilities make up for it. Coaches will always undermine small players unfortunately.

Comment

Yes and he has a great combination of speed and ball skills which more than makes up for his height. The second or first best player depending on your ranking is 6'1

It's not one of the other, players of all heights can and do make it.

Comment

Size (height) doesn't matter. The best players in the world are usually on the smaller size not just messi. The game is played on the ground for the most part.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X