Hey Dad, I think I do want to play soccer in college

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross off Colorado College. DI in DIII clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Let me guess...your kid is going to bates, so you have an inflated view of bates. Not sure how bates is a no but you don't add tufts, Wesleyan, Colby, Hamilton even conn college and trinity as nos.bates never won anything and academically is behind most of the other nescac schools
      No, I just nixed Bates because it was NESCAC so I assumed you needed to be an ECNL or at least NPL level player to be considered there. If I'm wrong, then then so be it.

Comment

How about Endicott or Bentley (DII)

Comment

How about Endicott or Bentley (DII)
          A kid with a 4.2 and probably good scores shouldn't be going to those schools

Comment

Half those schools listed (and I'm being generous) fall into this category. I'd tell my kid to play club and go to an academically respected school. Endicott? Yikes. Bates? Ugh.

Comment

Half those schools listed (and I'm being generous) fall into this category. I'd tell my kid to play club and go to an academically respected school. Endicott? Yikes. Bates? Ugh.
              What's wrong with Bates?

Comment

Veering off topic here, but we hired a Bentley grad about 5 years ago and he was greased lightning. Hired another kid based on first kid's performance and have been pleased with results. Small sample size, but seems to me that Bentley grads are a-ok.

Comment

Veering off topic here, but we hired a Bentley grad about 5 years ago and he was greased lightning. Hired another kid based on first kid's performance and have been pleased with results. Small sample size, but seems to me that Bentley grads are a-ok.
                  Not saying they aren't, and much of what you get out of college is what you make of it. But a kid with a 4.2 and good scores has many excellent options, especially in and around New England.

Comment

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment

Bentley is an outstanding school.

My kid went there and played there. Graduated with honors after playing three years of soccer there. She left in her senior year to focus on life after college. Got recruited right out of college by a Fortune 100 company. Fast tracked in their management system and less than a decade later is the VP of one of their top divisions. Plus, she got out of there with less than 20K in student loan debt. That got paid by her employer who also paid for her Masters at UVA.

Comment

Bentley is an outstanding school.

My kid went there and played there. Graduated with honors after playing three years of soccer there. She left in her senior year to focus on life after college. Got recruited right out of college by a Fortune 100 company. Fast tracked in their management system and less than a decade later is the VP of one of their top divisions. Plus, she got out of there with less than 20K in student loan debt. That got paid by her employer who also paid for her Masters at UVA.
                        Don't listen to some of these people here . Most of them have been shoveling money to those who didn't even attend one of their lofty suggestions.

Comment

D1 Soccer is waste of time for 95% of players in Connecticut. Absolute waste of time unless you have big scholarship. Which most don't.

Comment

D1 Soccer is waste of time for 95% of players in Connecticut. Absolute waste of time unless you have big scholarship. Which most don't.
                            Agree. If you aren't playing at a program that can make the NCAA tournament and you are not getting a significant scholarship, d1 is a waste of time. Don't give me that learning teamwork, etc stuff. Kids have learned that by senior year high school. D1 is a big commitment that takes away from a college experience more than it gives. It is a big waste of time if your kid is a bench rider.

Comment

Agree. If you aren't playing at a program that can make the NCAA tournament and you are not getting a significant scholarship, d1 is a waste of time. Don't give me that learning teamwork, etc stuff. Kids have learned that by senior year high school. D1 is a big commitment that takes away from a college experience more than it gives. It is a big waste of time if your kid is a bench rider.
                              Sorry she isn't getting recruited. Some kids however, are. Let them enjoy their experience even if you think it "takes away" from everything else. I personally think it "adds" to the college experience.

Comment

Sorry she isn't getting recruited. Some kids however, are. Let them enjoy their experience even if you think it "takes away" from everything else. I personally think it "adds" to the college experience.
                                And they can get a similar experience playing D3, only with a better work life balance, ability to study abroad, do internships etc

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X