Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Coaches don't make shi te. It's the owners that make the big bucks. Which is exactly why so few clubs file as non profits - they don't want anyone knowing their business. It isn't worth it to them
    Huh?

I agree that most coaches don't make a living coaching youth soccer. There definitely are more non profit clubs than for profit entities here. Who are the "owners that make big bucks?"

Comment

Coaches don't make shi te. It's the owners that make the big bucks. Which is exactly why so few clubs file as non profits - they don't want anyone knowing their business. It isn't worth it to them
      Times have changed in the non-profit club market in Oregon, with no oversight from boards and the DOC's call all the shots, you would be in shock what the coach for the 8 year old junior/pdp/ydp team and a couple of classic teams actually brings home a year.

Many of the clubs with little oversight pay in the range of 30k to 60k annualy to a coach who has 3 to 5 neighborhood teams assigned to him as HC or AC. It's unbelievable to be honest.

All clubs in the US Club or USYS structure in Oregon must be non-profit and a 501c3.
      Check the OYSA bylaws for clarification.

Peregrine youth academy's somehow are able to avoid this classification (501c3/non-profit), so I always find it curious how they get placed in OYSA leagues or USYS/US Club sanctioned leagues.

Their (Peregrine) owner was rich off his daddy's trust fund prior to this enterprise.

Comment

Times have changed in the non-profit club market in Oregon, with no oversight from boards and the DOC's call all the shots, you would be in shock what the coach for the 8 year old junior/pdp/ydp team and a couple of classic teams actually brings home a year.

Many of the clubs with little oversight pay in the range of 30k to 60k annualy to a coach who has 3 to 5 neighborhood teams assigned to him as HC or AC. It's unbelievable to be honest.

All clubs in the US Club or USYS structure in Oregon must be non-profit and a 501c3.
        Check the OYSA bylaws for clarification.

Peregrine youth academy's somehow are able to avoid this classification (501c3/non-profit), so I always find it curious how they get placed in OYSA leagues or USYS/US Club sanctioned leagues.

Their (Peregrine) owner was rich off his daddy's trust fund prior to this enterprise.
        Not at the club my kids are at. Enjoy LO

Comment

Knocked down one club. There are at least 10 more with this structure and type of payroll.

Keep going, on the enjoy sentiment.

Comment

What Peregrine youth academy team is for profit playing in OYSA?

Comment

Camps profits pay for it!

Player cards are pennies. The real money is in the Timbers running youth soccer after raising league fees 50%. The Timbers are fleecing Oregon soccer.
              Camp profits pay for most of the DA expenses!

Comment

That is great! Sounds like when OYSA seeks to terminate the Timbers contract, the Timbers will readily agree!

Comment

Most mls clubs run camps and RDS programs to cover DA expenses. Even when a club can profit from a home grown it's very limited and happens infrequently. Being able to cover costs makes running DA more amenable

Comment

They are also taking scholarship dollars from the poorest kids in the state. Unless clubs are going to raise fees to cover the increased card cost (I don't know of any club that is raising fees), the club is eating that cost. $6 for one player is nothing. When you have 1000 players in your club that's $6000. Or the equivalent of six scholarships for poor kids. But hey, those academy girls are getting almost free soccer. Who cares about poor kids?
                    Yea, you're right. Keep up this nonsense-speak. Anything to get people to your tryouts.

Don't worry. Everyone will go to the tryouts of their own choosing. If they're not sure, they can call clubs and go to pre-tryouts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X