Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Appreciate your sentiment about a mommy coach, but there are female abusers. They may be a small fraction of the number of male abusers, but they do exist. If something seems wrong, keep digging until you get an answer.

Coming from the parent of a boy who was involved in an inappropriate relationship with a family friend.
    Yes that does happen but obviously less often. When cases make the news plenty of men joke around about it "oh I wish I'd had a teacher like that" wink wink. It's gross.

Comment

They've made it very clear the last (supposed) cases were awhile ago. Yes it's a PR nightmare but leave no doubt it's still a highly respected prep school. Other schools have weathered similar scandals and have survived. It's very much about how the school handles it. They swept it under the rug before but now are being very forthcoming. They easily could have kept the report under wraps, which then would have leaked and would have looked much worse. There are actually are PR firms that work on mitigating scandals like this and I'm sure they've hired one.
      It is one thing to have it be one teacher. However, they seem to have created a culture for these predators posing as "Teachers". With that endowment, they should be hiring the best teachers, but they they took on countless guys that were more interested in getting some really young azz. These guys were professsional groomers. Plying kids with booze, taking them on trips. The ballz on the guy that even after he was exposed, still contacting the girl after college and paying for her plane tickets to come visit him and the stupidity of a guy admitting to the relationship in a written letter proves these Teachers are not only desperate predators grooming girls over time, but they are not really that intelligent.

How does the well to do successful consumer/parents justify sending thier kid to choate next year. Picture it. Cocktails with the upper crust......little Eloise is headed off to an elite boarding school next year, we so so proud. Upper crust friend......where? Parent...rosemary choate hall. Upper crust friend......I read something in the news about 4 decades of sexual predators operating and being protected there. Parent....oh, that is all in the past, they said they would no longer tolerate that behavior now. 10 bad apples doesn't spoil the dozen. Upper crust friend, besides, they have a great soccer program.....oh wonderful, I am sure she will have a great time there.....congratulations. Upper crust friends sips a cocktail and moves on......speaking to another old white broad....did you hear where the are sending little Eloise? Choate! Hope they send her with condoms....those teachers are known to have untreated stds.

Comment

Cowards

It is one thing to have it be one teacher. However, they seem to have created a culture for these predators posing as "Teachers". With that endowment, they should be hiring the best teachers, but they they took on countless guys that were more interested in getting some really young azz. These guys were professsional groomers. Plying kids with booze, taking them on trips. The ballz on the guy that even after he was exposed, still contacting the girl after college and paying for her plane tickets to come visit him and the stupidity of a guy admitting to the relationship in a written letter proves these Teachers are not only desperate predators grooming girls over time, but they are not really that intelligent.

How does the well to do successful consumer/parents justify sending thier kid to choate next year. Picture it. Cocktails with the upper crust......little Eloise is headed off to an elite boarding school next year, we so so proud. Upper crust friend......where? Parent...rosemary choate hall. Upper crust friend......I read something in the news about 4 decades of sexual predators operating and being protected there. Parent....oh, that is all in the past, they said they would no longer tolerate that behavior now. 10 bad apples doesn't spoil the dozen. Upper crust friend, besides, they have a great soccer program.....oh wonderful, I am sure she will have a great time there.....congratulations. Upper crust friends sips a cocktail and moves on......speaking to another old white broad....did you hear where the are sending little Eloise? Choate! Hope they send her with condoms....those teachers are known to have untreated stds.
        Choate are a bunch of cowards. They waited to report until most of these guys were dead or retired. With the exception of the guy who tried to have drunken anal in a pool in Costa Rica and it was witnessed by others, all others are no longer working in the us, although the article says one is teaching in Thailand. No doubt, this was one of the guys accused of gay contact. He is probably raped countless Thai boys by now. Well done choate administration......humanity thanks you.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...414-story.html

Comment

This should crush the enrollment at a school such as Choate. There is way too much competition in New England and especially CT for this fine of stuff
          So much competition in fact that the lesser well offs may now be able to find a spot for chip for Buffy at a renowned new England prep school. The other buttons at the yacht club don't read the newspapers and can't work a smart phone (except for face time) so it's all good.

Comment

I wonder if one of the teachers was the Spanish teacher who covered up for the early 80's coke smuggling/dealing students that was portrayed in the movie, "The Preppy Connection"? It would make sense that he would expect something to cover for them. Incidentally, none of the students did any jail time and the ones I looked up are hugely successful today. If you're black without a judge for a father you get 20 years at least for what they did.

Comment

There should be an investigation at every boarding school in New Englabd. You would be shocked about how often this stuff happens.

Comment

There should be an investigation at every boarding school in New Englabd. You would be shocked about how often this stuff happens.
                I believe there has been. And, yes.

Comment

I wonder if one of the teachers was the Spanish teacher who covered up for the early 80's coke smuggling/dealing students that was portrayed in the movie, "The Preppy Connection"? It would make sense that he would expect something to cover for them. Incidentally, none of the students did any jail time and the ones I looked up are hugely successful today. If you're black without a judge for a father you get 20 years at least for what they did.
                  If you forceably attempt anal on someone you are usually doing 20 years too. Unless you are a choate teacher, then you get a principal job

Comment

If you forceably attempt anal on someone you are usually doing 20 years too. Unless you are a Choate teacher, then you get a principal job
                    Each state should have a special investigating unit specifically on ALL day/boarding schools.
                    First rule of query to an investigator is any sudden resignations of faculty members.
                    Choate is total S**t , they would never have alarmed the Litchfield district of the Principals prior past if the board members had not asked for such of an investigation, secondly they should have alerted any and ALL schools that he had applied to period! They also violated the Mandatory reporting, but for the Teachers defense i doubt highly it was A**l s*x unless she was a total FREAK. I believe the report and its description as written they were in the pool and it sounds like he was thrusting/penetrating from behind as written and those words were used as A**l from the teenagers or someone else that witnessed and assumed/concluded from that position
                    Obviously they wouldn't know unless they had closeup view underwater to know that.
                    The teacher definitely violated that young girl , he also should have known to stay away from High school Senior girls especially in an alcohol environment and reading that report and calculating his age it looks like he may have been 29-30ish.
                    If i were her Father i would definitely sue Choate for the cover up.

Comment

We may have a mommy coach but

Choate are a bunch of cowards. They waited to report until most of these guys were dead or retired. With the exception of the guy who tried to have drunken anal in a pool in Costa Rica and it was witnessed by others, all others are no longer working in the us, although the article says one is teaching in Thailand. No doubt, this was one of the guys accused of gay contact. He is probably raped countless Thai boys by now. Well done choate administration......humanity thanks you.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...414-story.html
                      Very sad

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X