Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many people really care, I mean as long as we're talking about the truth of the matter?
    I'd imagine all families who are good enough to be on a DA/ECNL/NPL team might care. Why would you post on this thread if you didn't care at all.

Comment

WAIver City

I was with you for the first part, as I do think there will be a percentage of girls who do not want to forego HS soccer no matter what, but to claim that the "real" talent will be in NPL & ECNL is pure silliness and exposes your agenda. The truth of the matter is that there will still be A TON of top talent on DA teams, and I do feel that the Breakers with consolidate more of the talent on their teams, whereas Stars will split their talent pool between DA & ECNL, making it the weaker of the DA teams.
      Any skilled players who can right there own ticket will skip DAP in Fall , waiver waiver waiver,, or play only ECNL or NPL,,, Players and parents are going to be pissed when they see who gets waivers and who doesn't..... Public vs. Private school players. Organizations wil state Student was given money to come play soccer,,, when true fact is they might have gotten Financial aid,, but it had nothing to do with a soccer Scholarship. NO Public or Private High School gives Athletic Scholarships.. anyone who tells you different is lying thru their teeth.

Comment

Quick, name eight players in the WNBA.

Nobody cares. And let's assume the usual suspect isn't lying about wink-wink athletic aid to prep schools. The folks bragging about it are the same folks who drone on so very seriously about D1 players having a full-time job and complaining that universities use and abuse these scholarship athletes, demanding lifetime healthcare and other benefits. The very same folks who defend and even embrace early recruiting. Pretty soon they'll be saying that their kids have full-time jobs at prep schools and should be getting even more benefits because the prep schools are abusing them. Can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Any skilled players who can right there own ticket will skip DAP in Fall , waiver waiver waiver,, or play only ECNL or NPL,,, Players and parents are going to be pissed when they see who gets waivers and who doesn't..... Public vs. Private school players. Organizations wil state Student was given money to come play soccer,,, when true fact is they might have gotten Financial aid,, but it had nothing to do with a soccer Scholarship. NO Public or Private High School gives Athletic Scholarships.. anyone who tells you different is lying thru their teeth.
          I don't agree that "any" skilled player will skip DAP. Some will skip for sure, especially those who are already in HS, and as you say can write their own ticket. Those who are less confident will flock to DAP to boost their resume. Starting with current u13s, my opinion changes and I think most will see DAP as the gilded path. As for waivers, a prior poster indicated that Private school girls will get them not because playing is a condition of enrollment (there are no athletic scholarships) but rather because private schools are willing to be #2. DAP must come first and MIAA Bona Fide Player rule mandates that HS is #1, so no waiver.

Comment

I don't agree that "any" skilled player will skip DAP. Some will skip for sure, especially those who are already in HS, and as you say can write their own ticket. Those who are less confident will flock to DAP to boost their resume. Starting with current u13s, my opinion changes and I think most will see DAP as the gilded path. As for waivers, a prior poster indicated that Private school girls will get them not because playing is a condition of enrollment (there are no athletic scholarships) but rather because private schools are willing to be #2. DAP must come first and MIAA Bona Fide Player rule mandates that HS is #1, so no waiver.
            Unless the kids live in RI with no MIAA rule guiding them, and HS sports are also able to be #2.

Comment

Unless the kids live in RI with no MIAA rule guiding them, and HS sports are also able to be #2.
              In CT you cannot play HS and club (of any kind) at the same time, not even making HS the #2 priority. Obviously private schools can do whatever

Comment

In CT you cannot play HS and club (of any kind) at the same time, not even making HS the #2 priority. Obviously private schools can do whatever
                Glad we live in RI then.

Comment

All the top players on my daughter's Breakers team who have been offered DAP have said yes. Every single one. They know where the best competition will be next year.

Comment

All the top players on my daughter's Breakers team who have been offered DAP have said yes. Every single one. They know where the best competition will be next year.
                    Did any have ECNL option?

Comment

Did any have ECNL option?
                      Yes, but none wanted to switch clubs for various different reasons.

Comment

What age group? I think the younger age groups will play DAP, but it seems to be a harder sell at the older age groups.

Comment

What age group? I think the younger age groups will play DAP, but it seems to be a harder sell at the older age groups.
                          Some college coaches expressed preference to have committed players in DA or ECNL.

Comment

2 girls from the top team at my daughters club accepted spots on the U14 DAP team at Breakers and they are definitely not top players on their current team. Good luck.

Comment

2 girls from the top team at my daughters club accepted spots on the U14 DAP team at Breakers and they are definitely not top players on their current team. Good luck.
                              Then they are lying to you. There has been very few pre-offers made to the U14 age group. 1 or 2 max, and one was from inside the club.

Comment

What league did those two girls play in as U13's? Pre-ECNL, NPL, NEP?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X