Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's why Oregon girls are in shock because the Thorns are willing to spend more on them in 1 season than any D1 school would spend on them over 4 years. Yes, it's crazy cool.
    Girls shouldn't get scholarships without paying $8-10k for four years first!

Comment

Dear Genius, how do you think college coaches get athletes to come their schools?

The NCAA leagues cost millions to run with travel and lodging and the only way a coach can attract student-athletes by having the university pay for the athlete to attend and cover their associated costs, (via a scholarship) talent makes the rules.

That's why Oregon girls are in shock because the Thorns are willing to spend more on them in 1 season than any D1 school would spend on them over 4 years. Yes, it's crazy cool.
      If your daughter was offered less than $10K for over 4 years, then the Thorns Academy is definitely the right place for you.

Comment

We all know the real cost of DA travel will be more than ECNL. The DA players in Portland are only having to pay $2000. Somebody is going to need to pay for the balance. Just because your player is not directly paying for it does not mean it is a more cost effective route.

Why start a league that will actually cost more and the only way to attract player is by getting someone else to pay for it.
        Hey dummy! Who do you think is paying for the scholarship and reduced fee players on those ECNL teams? It is the other families who are paying $10,000 per year to buy their way in. I am guessing you are one of those families.

Sorry you had to learn about this here, but someone needed to finally be honest with you.

Comment

ECNL only costs us 6000. I'm going to post that every freaking time I see someone say it costs 8-10K per year.

Comment

ECNL only costs us 6000. I'm going to post that every freaking time I see someone say it costs 8-10K per year.
            I am sure you are correct. But I know families who pay quite a bit more. Pay to play, that is how it works. So, you too are also benefitting from other ECNL families.

Comment

I am sure you are correct. But I know families who pay quite a bit more. Pay to play, that is how it works. So, you too are also benefitting from other ECNL families.
              W t f are you talking about. With the exception of a few super stud or financial need scholarships everyone else pays the same club fee. You make it soumd like some families pay $8k in club fees or bribe their way in, which just doesn't happen. If parent decides to travel with their kids th at their choice but it's largely unecessary.

Comment

Hey dummy! Who do you think is paying for the scholarship and reduced fee players on those ECNL teams? It is the other families who are paying $10,000 per year to buy their way in. I am guessing you are one of those families.

Sorry you had to learn about this here, but someone needed to finally be honest with you.
                You've really gone off the deep end. Maybe don't drink your lunch before posting

Comment

My 6000 includes the 2000 base fee so how am I too benefiting from other families?

Comment

Fees are the same unless you get a rare scholarship. The only variable cost is how families chose to travel.
                    GDA costs will be similar - it's still pay to play at almost all clubs except half a dozen, travel still extensive

Comment

Wow... you seem really angry.

I pay the training fees and the travel costs. The demographics of girl's soccer is different than on the boy's side.

Comment

It is funny how people come up with $8K-10K by adding parent travel for ECNL, but leave it out for DA.

There are supposedly 30 games in a season

Comment

It is funny how people come up with $8K-10K by adding parent travel for ECNL, but leave it out for DA.

#altfacts
                          # whateverfitsmynarrative

Comment

#altfacts
                            # whateverfitsmynarrative
                            Are parents even allowed to watch GDA games?

Comment

Does the club fee for ECNL include all airfare, hotel and ground transportation?

Comment

Does the club fee for ECNL include all airfare, hotel and ground transportation?
                                Did the Thorns include airfare or hotel for the Beaverton cup?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X