Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LOL are you serious???? My god half my club would be gone if that were the case here. LOL. MONEY GRAB FSA LOL
    Then we are a better business than you and we will be here to teach soccer long after you've declared bankruptcy and gone away.

Comment

Then we are a better business than you and we will be here to teach soccer long after you've declared bankruptcy and gone away.
      the only thing you teach is BOOMBALL and Parking Lot Circling.

Comment

the only thing you teach is BOOMBALL and Parking Lot Circling.
        And you'll be unemployed in Greenland.

Comment

Playing time to the highest bidder. No wonder the private school players get all the play time. They have the most cash

Comment

Playing time to the highest bidder. No wonder the private school players get all the play time. They have the most cash
            Right. And, your point is what, exactly?

Comment

Whoa....slow your roll Fsa man. This is the same Fsa that demoted a girl before they could make it out of the winter. Cfc loyal....yes. Fsa.....nah, not close
              When you sign a contract for FSA you are agreeing that at any time your child's placement could change. So in other words, winter players come along and your former "elite" child gets demoted to navy, white, CT or whatever and this is how they have grown into the mega club that they have become. There is absolutely no loyalty to players whatsoever. Not that there should be but parents need to understand this when making their decisions. They tell you your child is elite level... until something better comes along... and by then you are hooked and set. Same goes for ECNL and NPL.

Comment

She didn't pay on time. Get over it.
                So they demoted her to NPL.....what does that tell your NPL and Elite team players.....
                ELITE Players - Thanks for paying. However, please note, it isn't enough. We keep players on the NPL team even if they don't pay dues
                NPL players - Only ECNL players need to pay. If they don't, we put them on NPL, so don't worry about paying

Something tells me those two statements aren't true and neither is yours about the kid being demoted because she didn't pay

Comment

When you sign a contract for FSA you are agreeing that at any time your child's placement could change. So in other words, winter players come along and your former "elite" child gets demoted to navy, white, CT or whatever and this is how they have grown into the mega club that they have become. There is absolutely no loyalty to players whatsoever. Not that there should be but parents need to understand this when making their decisions. They tell you your child is elite level... until something better comes along... and by then you are hooked and set. Same goes for ECNL and NPL.
                  Does FSA add the disclaimer that your placement and playing time is based on the evaluation of the mother of one of your daughters teammates. The same mommy that coaches multiple players from a high school team?

Comment

So they demoted her to NPL.....what does that tell your NPL and Elite team players.....
                    ELITE Players - Thanks for paying. However, please note, it isn't enough. We keep players on the NPL team even if they don't pay dues
                    NPL players - Only ECNL players need to pay. If they don't, we put them on NPL, so don't worry about paying

Something tells me those two statements aren't true and neither is yours about the kid being demoted because she didn't pay
                    Based on the past few days of posts on this thread and others, there's some really unhappy parents at FSA. Sounds like everyone is finally catching on to the subpar training, favoritism and ineffective college connections. Not too late to jump over to GDA id sessions this month

Comment

Based on the past few days of posts on this thread and others, there's some really unhappy parents at FSA. Sounds like everyone is finally catching on to the subpar training, favoritism and ineffective college connections. Not too late to jump over to GDA id sessions this month
                      I wouldn't trust any of the fsa or ow directors. A bunch of scumbags only interested in their pocketbooks

Comment

Yathink? Regular Einstein, you are.

Comment

My kid wants to play varsity high school. So, you GDA guys have fun with those JV and rec kids.

Comment

There something to be said about constantly evaluating internal and external talent to try and improve teams. Some players may not belong and better players should replace them. That's how clubs improve teams
                            And here you have the crux to the whole dilemma.........

Why should an established premier club with a full roster of players actually be seeking to replace those previously selected players in the first place? Isn't the point of the premier club environment to create a culture that lets the players in the program apply themselves and improve their game? By releasing and replacing, isn't that akin to abandoning the first player who has paid the club for this service? Is it an acknowledgement on the club's part that it failed the player in some fashion. Or did the player not make effective use of the training culture the club provides? What is the club saying by removing a kid and bringing in another, perhaps stronger player? What exactly is the goal of the club when it thinks like that?

I'm not offering criticism of the philosophy, but I think this is a real important of a club's identity. Why does the club exist in the first place, beyond the economical reason?

I certainly understand this philosophy within the professional club ranks and frankly, for those professional clubs with youth academies that subsidize the cost for the player, I can see how ever-seeking greater talent helps to feed the machine.

But is that the best perspective of clubs that operate in the non-MLS and non-NWSL academy soccer world? Is that the best perspective for the clubs that operate in the ECNL, ENPL and NPL leagues? If so, why?

Comment

And here you have the crux to the whole dilemma.........

Why should an established premier club with a full roster of players actually be seeking to replace those previously selected players in the first place? Isn't the point of the premier club environment to create a culture that lets the players in the program apply themselves and improve their game? By releasing and replacing, isn't that akin to abandoning the first player who has paid the club for this service? Is it an acknowledgement on the club's part that it failed the player in some fashion. Or did the player not make effective use of the training culture the club provides? What is the club saying by removing a kid and bringing in another, perhaps stronger player? What exactly is the goal of the club when it thinks like that?

I'm not offering criticism of the philosophy, but I think this is a real important of a club's identity. Why does the club exist in the first place, beyond the economical reason?

I certainly understand this philosophy within the professional club ranks and frankly, for those professional clubs with youth academies that subsidize the cost for the player, I can see how ever-seeking greater talent helps to feed the machine.

But is that the best perspective of clubs that operate in the non-MLS and non-NWSL academy soccer world? Is that the best perspective for the clubs that operate in the ECNL, ENPL and NPL leagues? If so, why?
                              There are many reasons why teams should at least consider changing talent. Its easy enough to make mistakes selecting players for teams. Happens all the time. A player can also have a great tryout but doesn't bring it on the field during the season. Player could have attitude issues or being disruptive. Now that these teams are crested at u14 (so they are 13) many haven't finished with puberty - one may plateau and another be a late bloomer. Getting a spot for 5 years can also lead to complacency.

Teams and individual players should be constantly improving. Hopefully that comes via club training and playing good competition. But clubs playing at higher levels should always take a look. You never know what's out there

Not the op

Comment

There are many reasons why teams should at least consider changing talent. Its easy enough to make mistakes selecting players for teams. Happens all the time. A player can also have a great tryout but doesn't bring it on the field during the season. Player could have attitude issues or being disruptive. Now that these teams are crested at u14 (so they are 13) many haven't finished with puberty - one may plateau and another be a late bloomer. Getting a spot for 5 years can also lead to complacency.

Teams and individual players should be constantly improving. Hopefully that comes via club training and playing good competition. But clubs playing at higher levels should always take a look. You never know what's out there

Not the op
                                Let's put aside the obvious issues that justify replacement......poor player effort overall, little to no coachability, attendance, behavior towards team mates and even failing to meet financial obligations. No debate about these kinds of motivations to replace a player.

I'm focusing on the larger mass. Those players who are coachable, good team mates, provide a great effort for the coaches and program.....her only issue is that she isn't the player the new kid who showed up today in tryouts looks to be. How is the club improved by dropping this player to add the new one? Is the priority on winning games above all else? I'm not sure that's the vision I would want to hear from a club that sells itself on its strong coaching cadre, ability to develop players and get those critical college placements....you know, the usual marketing spiel we hear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X