Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All the best 04s in the state will go to GDA. ECNL in Oregon will be dead starting with 2004 group. The player pool 03 group is spread out between FC, Crossfire and GPS with three or or four others in TA clubs. Doubtful anyone would leave those to join the four TA 03 girls except maybe a Crossfire if they liked R Hearns. 00,01,02 - no one will budge from ECNL.
    Switching clubs is commonplace these day with nothing to play for at the State or Regional level for boys or girls in Oregon across all (acryonms) platforms. Coaching is a non-factor as we have no proven winner or development coaches anymore in our midst.

Thorns GDA will turn into the Timbers DA as the place for the best of the best in Oregon and SW Washington. Always nice to have a head start. Well done NWSL Portland Thorns GDA.

Comment

Switching clubs is commonplace these day with nothing to play for at the State or Regional level for boys or girls in Oregon across all (acryonms) platforms. Coaching is a non-factor as we have no proven winner or development coaches anymore in our midst.

Thorns GDA will turn into the Timbers DA as the place for the best of the best in Oregon and SW Washington. Always nice to have a head start. Well done NWSL Portland Thorns GDA.
      Well done Thorns GDA??? What have they done/accomplished?

Comment

Some of the Crossfire ECNL 03 pine riders considering GDA but none of the top players.

Comment

Some of the Crossfire ECNL 03 pine riders considering GDA but none of the top players.
          Oregon could take the top 18 players in the whole State at every age group and you still couldn't compete against Crossfire up north. It is what it is. Get in where you fit in and have fun. It goes way too fast. The truth is 99% of the people out there really could care less where and who you play for. Probably about 5 dummies out there keeping this post alive. I dont think I will be number 6 as this is my last post.

Adios!!

Comment

Oregon could take the top 18 players in the whole State at every age group and you still couldn't compete against Crossfire up north. It is what it is. Get in where you fit in and have fun. It goes way too fast. The truth is 99% of the people out there really could care less where and who you play for. Probably about 5 dummies out there keeping this post alive. I dont think I will be number 6 as this is my last post.

Adios!!
            Please don't leave. Your post is spot on.

Comment

Especially the DOC from THUSC, she is rolling on the floor laughing at the product called Crossfire Utd and has jumped up a tier to the NWSL Portland Thorns GDA staff. BTW, she is/was a former Crossfire Utd club coach whose team participated in the ECNL league format.

The stunned coaches left at Crossfire utd & FC Portland who weren't recruited or tapped for placement in the staff of the NWSL Portland Thorns GDA are pissed and confused.

#1) She was chosen over them
              #2) The reality of her decision makes their league choice seem stupid.
              #3) Who in their right mind will pay 10-12K to play in their league of choice when the NWSL Portland Thorns GDA only costs $2000 and all travel, transportation and lodging is covered.
              #4) All they are left to sell is themselves and the cost of travel to those that don't make the NWSL Portland Thorns GDA.

After they work through those feelings of isolation and desperation they do indeed lay on the floor and the laughter turns to tears.

They have been exposed.
              So is the "United" part of Crossfire United no longer? That coach is still listed as a CU staff coach, is also still the DOC at THUSC. So I dont get it. Why would THUSC jeopardize ECNL with a coach who is coaching DA. I would assume THUSC like clubs with DA and ECNL wants both options not just one. That way THUSC talent can go to born DA or ECNL. You would not want to kill your cash cow. No way THUSC wants to give up ECNL. Its a draw, a money maker, and competitive platform for all their players. Weird move if you ask me. Just weird.

Comment

Adios!!
                I think you are wrong. If top players in Oregon choose 1 place they will compete well with Crossfire. Crossfire is getting diluted with Rain. Whole pic is changing. Remember we combine PDX with the Couv. Not hard to find 18 that way.

Comment

So is the "United" part of Crossfire United no longer? That coach is still listed as a CU staff coach, is also still the DOC at THUSC. So I dont get it. Why would THUSC jeopardize ECNL with a coach who is coaching DA. I would assume THUSC like clubs with DA and ECNL wants both options not just one. That way THUSC talent can go to born DA or ECNL. You would not want to kill your cash cow. No way THUSC wants to give up ECNL. Its a draw, a money maker, and competitive platform for all their players. Weird move if you ask me. Just weird.
                  Not many THUSC coaches are part of the Crossfire UTD program, most CU coaches are from LOSC. Those few coaches that came from SSC coaching depleted ranks will be gone soon as SSC pulled out of the Crossfire partnership. THUSC is like all the clubs in Oregon their best players can now freely join/tryout for the independent NWSL Portland Thorns GDA. Great to have that option. Prior to the GDA coming to town THUSC due to it's partnership with LOSC migrated players to the CU platform and had no other options. The cash cow that takes the biggest hit in this is the THUSC club itself with players leaving to the independent GDA. CU is it's own animal with a 5 team club with no financial gain for THUSC, it too is a drain on the bottom line at THUSC due to THUSC losing players.

Now with the THUSC DOC leaving for the NWSL GDA Thorns this marks the probable end of CU and it's doubtful any other local club would want to do join the league they play in due to prohibitive cost and no real end game.

GW knows how to get what he wants and destroy what he wants as well.

Comment

Not many THUSC coaches are part of the Crossfire UTD program, most CU coaches are from LOSC. Those few coaches that came from SSC coaching depleted ranks will be gone soon as SSC pulled out of the Crossfire partnership. THUSC is like all the clubs in Oregon their best players can now freely join/tryout for the independent NWSL Portland Thorns GDA. Great to have that option. Prior to the GDA coming to town THUSC due to it's partnership with LOSC migrated players to the CU platform and had no other options. The cash cow that takes the biggest hit in this is the THUSC club itself with players leaving to the independent GDA. CU is it's own animal with a 5 team club with no financial gain for THUSC, it too is a drain on the bottom line at THUSC due to THUSC losing players.

Now with the THUSC DOC leaving for the NWSL GDA Thorns this marks the probable end of CU and it's doubtful any other local club would want to do join the league they play in due to prohibitive cost and no real end game.

GW knows how to get what he wants and destroy what he wants as well.
                    But that coach is still on ECNL staff as always right???? Is this about giving THUSC top players more options or keeping top players at THUSC?? The partnership is still there from what I see. Its almost like this is THUSCs play to be "DA" and ECNL without them actually having both like the big SoCal and Texas clubs. Me thinks ....

Comment

But that coach is still on ECNL staff as always right???? Is this about giving THUSC top players more options or keeping top players at THUSC?? The partnership is still there from what I see. Its almost like this is THUSCs play to be "DA" and ECNL without them actually having both like the big SoCal and Texas clubs. Me thinks ....
                      They(THUSC) have no role in the Portland Thorns GDA.

It's like the Timbers Alliance clubs who all have no role in the Boys DA, but must send their best to the DA to tryout.

It's called a pipeline to the DA at the cost of destroying your own local club without any opposition, that why this THUSC DOC is just a tool to GW end game.

CU is a combination of clubs that are still butt sore over the OPL being killed and jumped into a league they don't belong just out of spite and the parents pay for the slaughter and travel.

THUSC is critical to CU as they supply nearly all the fields and many players + their (THIUSC) President is one of the top board members of the CU 5 team club.

THUSC is being played you idiot and the DOC is the instrument of choice being used the Timbers/Thorns GDA.

Comment

Has anyone seen her actually develop players?

Comment

If she takes the Timbers/Thorns bait and decides to stay as a GDA coach she will be fired at CU. Simple stuff.

THUSC players like all clubs players can choose to join NWSL Portland Thorns GDA, CU , FC PDX or any club they want after the rapture of players to the GDA leaves them wondering what to do.

This has already happened on the boys side:
                          Westside Boys saw all their best go to TImbers DA, those left in the bare cupboards of the WST club jumped ship to another club for example the 2000 boys age group and FC Portland benefited from the DA gutting of WST 2000s and now FC has the state's strongest 2000 boys team only due to the ripple effect of the powerful DA. The coaching is not a factor anymore as no name dude has the 2000 boys at FC. It's actually funny stuff.

Comment

Add to this Kibwe and Rosie from SSC going to Thusc...

Comment

If she takes the Timbers/Thorns bait and decides to stay as a GDA coach she will be fired at CU. Simple stuff.

THUSC players like all clubs players can choose to join NWSL Portland Thorns GDA, CU , FC PDX or any club they want after the rapture of players to the GDA leaves them wondering what to do.

This has already happened on the boys side:
                              Westside Boys saw all their best go to TImbers DA, those left in the bare cupboards of the WST club jumped ship to another club for example the 2000 boys age group and FC Portland benefited from the DA gutting of WST 2000s and now FC has the state's strongest 2000 boys team only due to the ripple effect of the powerful DA. The coaching is not a factor anymore as no name dude has the 2000 boys at FC. It's actually funny stuff.
                              Great example. Now expand this to six clubs getting boys DA starting at 05/04. They thought they had it made and started attracting top players to train in the program. Then GW decides no $$ for him dompow woes with his rich buddies and launches 05 and 04 mls Timbers DA teams..so better and more elite than what is now being referred to as "little DA". What a waste. All these clubs should close DA and create their own league with a non Timber college pathway. Look for it. It's here and you don't have to separate kids from their peers to play.

Comment

1. Why do you keep calling the thorns academy NWPSL Portland Thorns DA. NWPSL is a professional women's league. It has zero to do with 15 year old girls. It's like someone calling Manchester United, Barclays Premier League Manchester United Boys Academy. You sound stupid and desperate.

2. If the girls DA is anything like the women's professional league (NWPSL) it will be gone in a year or two.

3. THUSC DoC is a nice person. A good coach? Really? It's the same ol dinosaurs that the odp system has been using to a futile end. Just check her odp team this year. No one is writing home about her.

4. If you think the DA or league is going to some how create quality because of a league then you are stupider then the Ecnl idiots who say the same.

5. Make no mistake. Two Ecnl teams and the DA will not survive. Ecnl is already under pressure with sporadic clubs proving the idiocracy of the application of it in Oregon..you do not have enough players to go around in Oregon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X