X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ok thank you, that's what I thought
    She really would not have the time for ODP. I reviewed a tentative training and game schedule earlier this month. USSF has some intensive plans, if they implement what I saw. I am concerned for those players in AP and Honors classes. The amount of time to be dedicated will definitely interfere with school.

Comment

No. The only non-DA training permitted is with the national team.
      Wouldn't this depend on when the DA contract starts? I had heard 8/1. If that is the case wouldn't a player be able to attend the Alabama camp for this year? Issue would only occur if a player made the regional team?

Comment

She really would not have the time for ODP. I reviewed a tentative training and game schedule earlier this month. USSF has some intensive plans, if they implement what I saw. I am concerned for those players in AP and Honors classes. The amount of time to be dedicated will definitely interfere with school.
        "Not have time for ODP? Lol. They train 2 weekends and have a camp.. ODP real time consuming

Comment

g

Wouldn't this depend on when the DA contract starts? I had heard 8/1. If that is the case wouldn't a player be able to attend the Alabama camp for this year? Issue would only occur if a player made the regional team?
          why play games if you play DA why do you need ODP?

isnt DA the everything let us commoners have ODP

Comment

If the DA team gets selected by May then the players are DA.

Comment

"Not have time for ODP? Lol. They train 2 weekends and have a camp.. ODP real time consuming
              Reading comprehension not one of your strong suits? The schedule for DA is very demanding, not ODP. Anyways, DA players cannot participate in ODP, so it is a non-issue.
              Dumb arse.

Comment

Reading comprehension not one of your strong suits? The schedule for DA is very demanding, not ODP. Anyways, DA players cannot participate in ODP, so it is a non-issue.
                Dumb arse.
                100%. If you commit to paying DA you cannot do ODP. Expecting a different kinda ODP.

Comment

If the DA team gets selected by May then the players are DA.
                  Crazy thought. I know it will be hit with lots of responses, but it is OK to let your child take a break. They do not have to participate in every possible soccer event out there. If your player has been invited to the DA for next year, they will be practicing 4 times per week, plus games on the weekends. Add to that their school work, which must be top level for college recruiters. Their week will be pretty maxed out. If they miss an ODP camp, it will be OK.

Comment

Crazy thought. I know it will be hit with lots of responses, but it is OK to let your child take a break. They do not have to participate in every possible soccer event out there. If your player has been invited to the DA for next year, they will be practicing 4 times per week, plus games on the weekends. Add to that their school work, which must be top level for college recruiters. Their week will be pretty maxed out. If they miss an ODP camp, it will be OK.
                    DA players don't do homework. No time for that because they are going pro asap.

Comment

Are All sections done? Or do they still pick up a few more?
                      I spoke to Strickler. All 54 state representative spots for Alabama camp (3 teams) have been selected. The only additions to that will be to replace players who opt not to commit by the 14th. So, if you did not receive an invite a few days ago, it's unlikely (but not impossible) that you will be invited to Alabama.

Comment

I spoke to Strickler. All 54 state representative spots for Alabama camp (3 teams) have been selected. The only additions to that will be to replace players who opt not to commit by the 14th. So, if you did not receive an invite a few days ago, it's unlikely (but not impossible) that you will be invited to Alabama.
                        3 teams.... what age group, gender?

Comment

I know that there will be three teams for 04 boys.

Comment

2003 and 2004 - three teams
                            2001 and 2002 - two teams

Comment

Alabama here we come!

Comment

2003 and 2004 - three teams
                                2001 and 2002 - two teams
                                Do you mean:
                                2001 - one team and 2002 - one team, or
                                2001 - two teams and 2002 - two teams

At the last tryout I heard they were considering:
                                2001 - one team and 2000 - one team and 2000/2001 - one "composite" team

Any thoughts?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X