Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They are correct about the Florida Camp being a money maker. However, Depending what age group they will take 3-4 teams worth to Alabama. There is only 1 team that will actually be evaluated for regionals / national camp. The other 2-3 teams are there for money reasons. It's obvious if they are on the team because they are the only team that does extra practices at the end of the day. A few kids may get pulled from the B and C teams during region III. last year a girl got pulled up the last day due to anther getting injured. She went on to national camp so tell your kids to not get down and keep playing hard.
    My daughter was on the "C" team and a couple of her teammates were invited to the regional pool. If there three teams, B and C are equal and one is better, the "A" team.

Comment

My son is an 04, when do you find out what "team" he is on? From what we were told, there are three teams: the A team and then two B teams (one Jan to June and the other July to Dec).
      According to the email with the invitation that is what the first training session is for (June 3 & 4)

Comment

There is an State Group/team that goes to Tuscaloosa. The remainder of the pool has the option to go to a state pool camp in Lakeland.

Once the state groups/team get together, before they go to Tuscaloosa , they will break up into teams A maybe B maybe C. Those teams selections are not announced until the second weekend of state team training. They are constantly trying to shake out those teams throughout the 2 weekends of training prior to Tuscaloosa.

Comment

Do they post a list anywhere?

Comment

Do they post a list anywhere?
            It is not up yet but when they do it should be here:

http://www.fysa.com/odp/selections/

Comment

It is not up yet but when they do it should be here:

http://www.fysa.com/odp/selections/
              Are All sections done? Or do they still pick up a few more?

Comment

More will be selected as coaches are out evaluating thru state cup

Comment

Also, some of those selected may decide not to participate. There is a deadline of April 14th to Register and make a down payment. So I assume the list will be up sometime after that date once it is know who has accepted etc.

Comment

Also, some of those selected may decide not to participate. There is a deadline of April 14th to Register and make a down payment. So I assume the list will be up sometime after that date once it is know who has accepted etc.
                    Don't know if I believe the "scouting at state cup theory", but deadline of April 14 makes sense when your talking about payment! It's always about $$

Comment

Don't know if I believe the "scouting at state cup theory", but deadline of April 14 makes sense when your talking about payment! It's always about $$
                      They've said all along that scouting will happen at state cup, for players in the pool and even to identify new ones

Comment

The deadline can simply be for those already offered a spot. We were also told that they would continue to scout and could end up inviting more players to the Alabama Camp

Comment

The deadline can simply be for those already offered a spot. We were also told that they would continue to scout and could end up inviting more players to the Alabama Camp
                          This is true.... my daughter was hurt last yr during trials and previously was on the state team the yr before.... they came to watch her at state cup and also invited her to go to the national training center to evaluate her there... there were others there as well and she ended up getting added to the state roster

Comment

If my daughter gets picked for GDA is she still able to do ODP?

Comment

If my daughter gets picked for GDA is she still able to do ODP?
                              No. The only non-DA training permitted is with the national team.

Comment

No. The only non-DA training permitted is with the national team.
                                Ok thank you, that's what I thought

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X