U15 girls teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakwood. FSA. Yankee and CFC should all play this summer. Settle it once and for all

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That CFC team adding those two players will be a very strong ECNL team as u16s. It means nothing except they'll have 50 coaches on their sidelines at the showcase events next season. That entire roster will be heavily recruited.

2002 is a deep Year for soccer in CT. OW is excellent. CFC strong and FSA good as well.
      South shore is better than CFC,fsa and oakwood at 2-3 ages. Go ahead and ask your coach if you think that's bs.

Comment

Oakwood. FSA. Yankee and CFC should all play this summer. Settle it once and for all
        Will. Never. Happen.

Comment

Will. Never. Happen.
          How did Yankee work their way into this group? Probably better to have Southeast, Ginga or SCP

Comment

How did Yankee work their way into this group? Probably better to have Southeast, Ginga or SCP
            Discussion is U15s. YU U15 team is very strong - not ECNL strong but good for NPL. That is not the case at all at the clubs you listed. By U15 any player at SE, Ginga or SCP that's any good has long gone to other clubs.

not a YU parent, just have seen them play

Comment

Discussion is U15s. YU U15 team is very strong - not ECNL strong but good for NPL. That is not the case at all at the clubs you listed. By U15 any player at SE, Ginga or SCP that's any good has long gone to other clubs.

not a YU parent, just have seen them play
              Finishing at the bottom half of New England NPL standings qualifies them as very strong? Before you claim age change will help them, look at their u13-u15 standings in NPL last spring and tell me why they would be any better. Yankee is worst club in the league overall

Comment

Finishing at the bottom half of New England NPL standings qualifies them as very strong? Before you claim age change will help them, look at their u13-u15 standings in NPL last spring and tell me why they would be any better. Yankee is worst club in the league overall
                Yes overall YU is weak - totally agree. The U15s have several very talented players, however. Most were U13s last year (mostly an older team) and last year was when the team transitioned from 8v8. As expected the team struggled. Now they have to prove their worth. We'll see what they do. With some spots opening up at ECNL, GDA or even other NPL clubs I think YU will have a hard time holding on to their better players. NPL will be the #3 league by a country mile

not the poster/definitely NOT at YU lol

Comment

Settle what, exactly?

Comment

Settle what, exactly?
                    Who is the king of a very small mountain. Everyone is arguing over who is the best in CT, but nationally CT barely registers on the radar. We send very few players to top soccer programs, even fewer to NT. It really doesn't matter except to club owners and a few nutjob parents

Comment

Who is the king of a very small mountain. Everyone is arguing over who is the best in CT, but nationally CT barely registers on the radar. We send very few players to top soccer programs, even fewer to NT. It really doesn't matter except to club owners and a few nutjob parents

You actually believe that on the field results tells us which soccer club is superior to another?

That's about the narrowest view on ranking clubs that I can think of....and a waste of debate.

Comment

You actually believe that on the field results tells us which soccer club is superior to another?

That's about the narrowest view on ranking clubs that I can think of....and a waste of debate.
                        So, you will base your view on...

Comment

If you actually read you'd see that exactly the poster's point.

Comment

So, you will base your view on...

The critieria I would focus on (in no particular order)......

Coaching qualifications and experience

Facilities

League

College Placements (not just placed, but rather, did the kid get into the college of their choice or not)

Coaching curriculum

Costs (stated and unstated)

Roster turnover year to year

Club vision and values and their ability to live up to them

Player/parent feedback

All of these would be of more importance to me than if they won a league or not and if they won more games than the club down the street.

Comment

Facilities

League

College Placements (not just placed, but rather, did the kid get into the college of their choice or not)

Coaching curriculum

Player/parent feedback

All of these would be of more importance to me than if they won a league or not and if they won more games than the club down the street.
                              Facilities and cost? Okay... Those are as important as uniform color.
                              *Cost is never a deterrent for true talent.

Comment

Facilities

League

Coaching curriculum

Player/parent feedback

One would expect that if all of the above were superior, it would translate into on-field performance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X