X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2036108]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Check your (son's) win loss record on got soccer, pal. It is clear you are the on who doesn't know what he's talking about. I forgot Davie and that powerhouse the Brazilian Soccer Training Center. Lol. And why are you talking about pre-academy now? I though you had you sights set on competing with academy teams?

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...y=yes&compact=
    I don't have anything against this team and I am glad that your club takes international trips. But this Juve dad is just ridiculous. You know your Zidane team has been together 2-3 years. That's great and I think helps build friendships for the kids. But when you have kids playing together for a long time you get a false notion of the individual value of each player. Let me explain: lets say your kid is a winger. The team that has played several years together will recognize your son making a run and play him; the team that played together for the first time in September will not get there until February or March (or maybe never). I am not saying your kids are bad. Just that you tend to overvalue the talent of each individual kid on teams like this. Second, saying that you have a lot of 2005s means nothing. If you rely on 2004s for strength, size, defense, you are a 2004/2005. If your keeper is a 2004, you are a 2004/2005. If you take 7 or 8 good 2005s and supplement with 2004s in key positions, you are a 2004/2005 team. You cannot then say you would be better than most pure 2005s since by doing so you eliminate the contributions of the 2004s. The Weston 05s you have a boner for are learning to play soccer. That's what you should do at this age. It doesn't matter who they can beat. It is more important that they learn how to play. It only gets harder from here. Your focus should not be on being the best (this is a very American focus for a "European" team); it should be on making sure your kid learns the game.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2036394]

I don't have anything against this team and I am glad that your club takes international trips. But this Juve dad is just ridiculous. You know your Zidane team has been together 2-3 years. That's great and I think helps build friendships for the kids. But when you have kids playing together for a long time you get a false notion of the individual value of each player. Let me explain: lets say your kid is a winger. The team that has played several years together will recognize your son making a run and play him; the team that played together for the first time in September will not get there until February or March (or maybe never). I am not saying your kids are bad. Just that you tend to overvalue the talent of each individual kid on teams like this. Second, saying that you have a lot of 2005s means nothing. If you rely on 2004s for strength, size, defense, you are a 2004/2005. If your keeper is a 2004, you are a 2004/2005. If you take 7 or 8 good 2005s and supplement with 2004s in key positions, you are a 2004/2005 team. You cannot then say you would be better than most pure 2005s since by doing so you eliminate the contributions of the 2004s. The Weston 05s you have a boner for are learning to play soccer. That's what you should do at this age. It doesn't matter who they can beat. It is more important that they learn how to play. It only gets harder from here. Your focus should not be on being the best (this is a very American focus for a "European" team); it should be on making sure your kid learns the game.
      So is this team playing 2004 next season or will they be splitting them into 04 and 05? The way this juve dad is talking, their superior 2005s are dropping those superfluous 04 players and winning state cup next season at 05

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2037279]

So is this team playing 2004 next season or will they be splitting them into 04 and 05? The way this juve dad is talking, their superior 2005s are dropping those superfluous 04 players and winning state cup next season at 05
        State cup? Way to set lofty goals.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2037293]

State cup? Way to set lofty goals.
          Sorry almighty DA dad

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2037294]

Sorry almighty DA dad
            My bad... state cup is for sissies... Juventus only plays for international tournament championships! 🤣

Comment

Brazilians and Argentinians players travel nowhere at young ages. They play in dirt or streets and will take over Europe by the age of 17-18. If you don't have talent you can travel and practice all you want....To be a soccer player you need to give up highs school altogether and focus in soccer 100% like players do in the US developmental program or at least go to make believe school for 3 hrs a day. You are just wasting your money with those clubs and academies going to Europe. The real athletic talented guys are in football and nba, the rest is just a bunch of slow white kids trying to be athletes

Comment

Brazilians and Argentinians players travel nowhere at young ages. They play in dirt or streets and will take over Europe by the age of 17-18. If you don't have talent you can travel and practice all you want....To be a soccer player you need to give up highs school altogether and focus in soccer 100% like players do in the US developmental program or at least go to make believe school for 3 hrs a day. You are just wasting your money with those clubs and academies going to Europe. The real athletic talented guys are in football and nba, the rest is just a bunch of slow white kids trying to be athletes
                If your kid plays DA then your theory doesn't matter. DA kids are the best and the rest should just stop playing soccer and taking up space at our clubs. If my kid is not DA one day then I will make him quit soccer. There's really no point for him to continue playing.

Comment

If your kid plays DA then your theory doesn't matter. DA kids are the best and the rest should just stop playing soccer and taking up space at our clubs. If my kid is not DA one day then I will make him quit soccer. There's really no point for him to continue playing.
                  There is no point of playing academy either , you will spend your kid college money now paying for expensive coaching and travel that will give him a small chance to get 20% scholarship. Everyone in the US should just play soccer for fun. Your academy is another glorified club. They have no fields , no gym, no budget, no track record, no UEFA A license coach, and nobody that played high level soccer in Europe or south America for 10 years. It is just a club with a stamp of approval from this US soccer federation.

Comment

There is no point of playing academy either , you will spend your kid college money now paying for expensive coaching and travel that will give him a small chance to get 20% scholarship. Everyone in the US should just play soccer for fun. Your academy is another glorified club. They have no fields , no gym, no budget, no track record, no UEFA A license coach, and nobody that played high level soccer in Europe or south America for 10 years. It is just a club with a stamp of approval from this US soccer federation.
                    True dat

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X